Cloning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud88

Reaction score
A friend of mine decide he would try and clone his Northern Lights autoflower...
Here's the results.
He said that it grew basically the same as the seed with the exception of a little more stretch. The buds in the picture are 2' long. I'm interested in seeing how the quality is. The original was really good for an auto.

View attachment 2016012195152411.jpg

Wow,,didnt know you had time to clone an Auto.

NIce bud, Bud88, I learned something, i didn't know you could clone autos. Nice job.

Well, if we learn anything its that you can rarely say never.

Out of all the ppl on here thats grown Autos, ,,they all say it wouldnt work worth a crap because of the time involved with rooting a clone and the fact that Autos are limited in flowering time. Wasn't there so ill just have to take his word that he cloned it. Nice looking Buds. I have grown Lowryders,,,just thought they were a waste of time.

I think the continued breeding of the autos has greatly improved the end results from them. I am still smoking on my OGK auto that produced some really tasty AND potent bud. I can believe that an auto was cloned if it had the right balance of genetics. I would think that you can get away with cloning an auto once but as you can see from the one above, there would be no way possible to clone it a second or third time because of the switch over. I bet this guy took the cutting from a low branch of the mother before she had reached sexual maturity, as that seems to be the triggering point for flowering in autos.

Yeah that what i was thinking Bro. Probably took it while young and in vegg and lucked out that it was female.

I'm also hearing about huge yields coming from some of the newer autoflower strains..There are people talking about 1 lbs+ yields from one Vast and Fast auto grown in a 10 gallon pot. For people who prefer trying new strains rather than perpetually growing the same strains autoflower is a viable option

Isnt Autos a strain mixed with Ditch Weed?
Seems anything mixed with Ditch Weed would be hard to compare with regular strains with nothing but good Genetics . I personally dont know,,,just seems logical to me.

Most of the newer auto strains are now mixed with a better quality "ditchweed" than they used to be. And the breeders are taking more time to manipulate the breeds to isolate the Autoflower trait and pass it on to the better genetics of photo strains. This is proving to make some really nice autos that produce quite well.

But the photoperiod strains still out-perform the autos on many levels. One big issue still with the autos is the lack of phenotype stabilization. This causes you to have different outcomes from several different seeds in a seed bunch. I suspect in another 5 years, there will be F4-F6 phenotype strains that will be very consistent in outcomes.

So true! Which is why when I did my auto grow of the blueberry I had two plants that grew three feet tall and one that was a 14 inch dwarf

Latest posts

Back