How do I make Ice Hash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AKalltheway

This FAQ will describe my ICE hash method, which has a high yield due to the shaking process. I yielded between 1/3 and 1/2 gram of sweet, blonde, powdered product from 3/4 oz dried batch of scrog garbage.

Making the mixture
I take the bud leaf and grind it to a powdery consistency in a regular coffee grinder. I find that a 1/4 oz can be done at a time.

I pour the powder into a 1/2 gallon plastic milk container, using a rolled up piece of printer paper (or wax paper) as a funnel.

I then placed 7 normal sized ice cubes on a small folded towel, beat the crap out of it with a rubber mallet on a butcher block to produce a fine, almost powdered ice. The ice is then put into the milk container.

A few ounces of cold water is put into milk container, just enough to maybe go 3/4" above what was in there.

Note: Roughly 1/3 weed garbage, 1/3 ice, 1/3 water based on height within the container, NOT weight or volume! Total height was about 2-1/2" with all ingredients.

Shake and filter
Shake the capped container vigorously for a full ten minutes, broken into two 5-minute sessions. 5 minutes shaking, then 5 minutes to settle in the freezer.

Next step is to pour the concoction through a "permanent" drip coffee filter (works well; has a tight mesh, resulting in cleaner, blonder hash). I pour, then press with my fingers. You want to get the moisture pushed through to the bowl. Take your time. The drippings go into a bowl underneath.

Use a sharp knife to cut the top half off of the milk container and spoon anything you can't pour into the strainer. When you've pressed it close to the limit, toss the rest into the toilet.

Ice
I pre-set my freezer to the max; place the bowl of filtered greenish-brown water into it, take care not to disturb it. The heavy trichomes will sink to the bottom of cold water. THAT'S what you want! I tap the side of the bowl with a spoon once every 10 minutes to help the trichomes settle to the bottom of the bowl.

After about 40 minutes, the fluid in the bowl will skim over with ice. I then remove the bowl, taking care not to let the liquid swish around. Wait a minute or two for the ice to melt.

Use a turkey baster to gently suck out the greenish fluid on the top, taking care not to disturb the residue on the bottom. Paper towels can be used to suck up the last 1/4" of fluid, again being careful not to disturb the dark residue. Suck up as much liquid as you can.

Gently dry out the remaining paste with a hair dryer until it reaches a light uniform color and appears solid. Use an ordinary spoon to scrape the mixing bowl, and ENJOY!

Really nice post AKalltheway :)

I'M a big fan of homemade ice hash and use a method thats pretty much the same as yours with 1 exception, i use an electric food mixer.

Anyways heres a few pics of the last bit i made which was some really nice hash.

001.JPG

010.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

Latest posts

Back