croping and other methods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadsion

Reaction score
I am just starting my frist grow and im intrested in the methods for keeping the plants short. I have heard of many methods but would like some advice on how yall like to do it.

p.s also a little confused about the croping method and how/when it is done any info would be helpful. :cool:

^^^toping i mean hehe

it really is.. its fun but alot of work too.. check these out.. these are my first time doing LST.. turned out pretty good in my opinion.. they were only in veg for 4 weeks too

LST1.JPG

LST2.JPG

I dont mean to hijack; but teckS, do you have any more pics of that process. Maybe some pointers of materials used and techniques. From the pic I can see the holes in the pot to "pull" down the branches with string. <--Im guessing. Looks pretty cool. And this can be done with a older plant? ie if one were to run out of overhead room.

I to would like some more in-depth info on the process meterials ect.
Also when the best time to start would be. Any info would be helpful. :D

LST can be implemented as soon theres something to tie onto.

Stems and limbs can be made to grow any which way...depending on the location of the growth relative to how much light it gets...lower growth is generally pulled down and out (away from the main stem)...upper growth pulled up and in (toward the main stem).

The point of LST is to cause a plant to respond to the stress by bulking up its stem growth. A stronger plant is healthier, less prone to stress and disease, wilting, more tolerant of swings in pH, etc. (its a plants version of working out...we humans call it 'resistance training' when we do it for ourselves)

The perk of LST is being able to manipulate a plant's growth in order to maximize exposure to light.

It's a practice that pays over the life of the plant. It won't increase a plant's potency, but can and should increase overall yield being as bud sites get more light.

LST and 'bending' are terms that split hairs definition-wise....LST is simply more involved than just 'bending' an entire plant down.

Theres any number of items around one's home that can be used for LST.

String...twisty ties...zip ties...paper clips...fishing line etc etc.

Be mindful to never tie too tight around any part of the plant...a secure loop, wrap, or hook, that doesn't constrict the stem is what is wanted.

Main stems can be bent a lot, but is stiffer, secondary growth is more flexible, but not as sturdy until it beefs up weeks later.

Bending needs to be done slowly until the grower has a better feel for just how much movement a stem allows. If a stem or branch should happen to be bent too far...as long as it hasn't been ripped, split, and been pinched and unnoticed for several days....don't worry, get it supported and the plant will repair itself without skipping a beat. Keep paper clips handy for repairs.
1001_3900.jpg1001_3902.jpg

Thanx W ï l l, I like the paper clip brace idea. Simple yet effective. The process seems pretty straight forword. However I still would like to visually see a step by step process and maybe before & after results. Any out there?

-GG

1001_3503.jpg Young clone

1001_3898.jpg Showing the bend...kinda

1001_3899.jpg Using string to tie down the growth as it goes

1001_4052.jpg Using a twisty tie to move growth where I want it

1001_4053.jpg Back side

1001_4056.jpg Front side

Here's my first attempt at LST. I just hope i diid not stretch her too much or send her into shock. Probably gonna wrap the tip around into the shape of a halo...for my lil angel:p

lst.JPG

lst2.JPG

lst3.JPG

-GG

Every time a grower tries something new...

an angel puffs and passes.

hahahahahaha... Will that was good i liked that......sorry for the interuption but i like that so i thought i would give Will some credit on that one

yeah no worries, its very hard to shock a plant via LST .. hence the L = LOW stress training.. i was able to bend the stems at 90 degree angles and even bend them until the tips were completely uside down and the plant wouldn't miss a beat.. but in your situation.. the stems are older and thicker.. so bending is more risky.. you did a good job

Latest posts

Back