Need Help with different strains!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopeman265

Reaction score
Ok first of all, I'm a first time grower. I decided I want to grow and I am going to be doing it outdoors, so that narrows it down. I want to order the seeds from online because I don't want no bad weed. I need recommendations for beginners and also a reference to a good website for beans would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

try out seedboutique...or doc chronic...can't vouch for anybody personally, but i've heard plenty of good things about these two...as for the strain i'm not sure, hopefully some of the more experience members can help...me ,myself would like to give White Rhino a try outdoors...I think someone told me Afghan does great outdoors...hope this helps

I am thinking about trying out Afghan an getting about 10 beans to start off for my first grow... It is already august, is it too late to start a grow now? The flowering time is 45-55... if that helps.

It's way to late.
but if you have some seeds laying around, that you didn't pay for, might as well give them a shot. You might get a gram per plant : )

Thanks... Yea I was pretty sure of that.

any ways, what do you think about Afghani for my first grow... I want to grow outside and I want to have an easy grow meaning, not much work since the ladies won't be near by.

Also, when should I start the germination process next season?

i grow afgani outdoors. they are a tough, hardy, medium yielding plant outside. you can stagger your harvest to tailor your highs from spacy/functional, to a late harvest, backache pain releif/super couchlock stone. from spring start mine are all about 5' tall now and by october they'll be about 7' tall. mine are fairly drought resistant, 3-4 days in high 80's - lo 90's between watering. and because they are a non-hybrid landrace plant they are disease resistant. the only problems i've ever heard are that they are not high enough in thc for some people, and they're buds in humid conditions are subject to bud rot. iv'e never experienced that but in sept,oct here it's pretty arid most days. i think they are very good for beginners. good luck, and you will find much help here on his site. the people here are great.

Thanks... the thing about the humidity worries me. I am living in a place where from mid-july to mid-august, it is really humid and it rains almost everyday, small showers here and there. Is this going to be a problem for these ladies?

i get breif thunderstorms almost every day. during the dog days and it's not a problem. mine are just starting to bud. prolly got 7 more weeks til harvest. not even buds yet just a lot of flowers forming all over.

Hi guys... so I was checking out seedboutique and it says afghani is an indoor strain... but from what I hear, its supposed to be outdoor. Anyone know what's up with that?

you can grow it both ways. its an early flowering type if grown outside (where the sun dictates the flowering). but inside under lights you can start the budding process whenever you turn the lights back to 12h on 12h off. thus it is suitable to be an indoor/outdoor variety. afgani is an indica dominate strain (its a pure indica) which delivers at harvest a stocky plant with very good colas. = a shorter plant than most sativas with denser buddage.

its prolly listed as an indoor plant because of its somewhat short and dense growth. the funny thing is it originated around the 40th paralell which roughly intersects the long way with baltimore md. and san francisco ca. wich makes it ideal to grow pretty much anywhere in the continental usa. with no fear of frost killing your plants.

sativa dominate strains north of say north carolina to nevada have a hard time finishing before the frosts arrive.

i grow indica because i can grow outside and i KNOW there will be no late harvest problems, plus its a plant that is ok with minor neglect. shes a steady girl. man my fingers are panting, hope this helps. chattan

Just curious clanhattan... I am trying to plant myself right now, but I am worried about having them freeze. I am going to grow indoors, but in a room without a central air conditioner, so it is heavily influenced by the temperature outside. Do you think I could start now?

i think you'll be ok. don't expect huge weight though its too late to grow outdoor plants and get a big yield unl;ess your using supplemental lights. as far as the room goes, id start a early maturing variety (read no sativa) and you should be able to beat the clod. mj can stand a little frost. even a freeze. just not a prolonged amount of cold. in oct here it can be mid 60's during the day and fall into the lo 30's at night. i should be hanging plants by then but i've got a couple of slow ones that might push it if i want real dark trichromes.

Latest posts

Back