Cold Garage with grow cabinet help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnycab

Reaction score
I am migrating my crop from Lowryder to Ganeshas Dream.

My main problem (at this time of Year) is that my grow
cabinet is in the garage and when I drop the light from
24/24 to say 12/24 how am I going to regulate the
temperature.

My cabinet is small only 2.5 x 2.5 x 4.5ft and was ideal
for lowryder 2 and looking at the 'dream' the size will
be OK.

I was thinking of doing something really stupid like
attaching a heat lamp to the air intake to warm it
before it gets to the plants. This was an initial idea
as my grow space is so small.

Presently the air intake doesnt cause too much of
a problem as the lights heat it up quickly (well I
think it isnt harming them).

This is the first 'cold' grow I have done so I am
up for any advice.

CAB

cabinet.jpg

lowryder_18_Days.jpg

It's colder at night so have your daytime cycle at night with the lights on. Electricity is cheaper too.

Any idea of daytime temps in the garage (this will be your plants night cycle) ? Try to keep them in the 60's.

Very cold here at the moment. I have a heater on a timer to come on for 10 minutes every hour at night. Had heavy frost last night. Temps dropped to 59 F. Good luck ... RBH

Check out your local hydro store. I know that the one i go to sells these heating pad type deals that you lay out under your tray to keep the roots and grow medium warm. My grow cabinet is in my bedroom but i'm building another one that's gonna have to go into the garage and I had the same concerns as you are having. I agree with Runbyhemp on the lighting schedule but afraid of the day time temps right now. Been unusually cold for my area here.

HERE, it gets to below zero almost every day in winter...I have used kerosine heaters with sucess and now use electric heaters..the radiator type is good for my insulated outdoor shed...I keep temps above 60...Last year I had a heater fail and the temp dropped to 35, killing all the plants...

you need a very small heater for such a small box, if it's insulated...try the light in the intake(making sure no light gets to plants)...or a small heater from walmart on a timer...just dont let the temp drop below 50...

??? I find it hard to believe that a few hours, even several at 35 F, killed your plants.

i gotta agree Hick something about that statement smells fishy ...like yesterdays sushi

By the time I noticed, it wasnt more than 14-15 hours at 35*F...killed em all, they were wilted, and didnt recover at all...

man look at all those trichomes hick :p :rofl:
thats the frostiest bud I ever seen :banana:

I Hate Winter,

I grew up on the beach. Now that I live up in the northern country, I get to deal with sub-zero temps all day let alone freeze my canushies off all night.
A small sealed radiator type heater would serve you well, BUT be careful with the temp on and off spread. This will also help you to **** up more water, keep an eye on that too.
I think the heating pad is the best idea to run with though as your space is small, and can be insulated.
Oh, and I have pulped many-many plants from freezing temps that snuck up and bit me. It does happen.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

HICK,
You struck the motherlode, Oh My God look at those crystals

Wait a minute, I forgot I'm stoned. I knew it was to good to be real, LOL

I've seen that before, not often, but yeah suprise surprise.

Oh man I would just slam my face into that and snort deeply. LMAO

Yes !! I know it is oil based, but I can pretend ha-ha

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
I Hate Winter,

Oh, and I have pulped many-many plants from freezing temps that snuck up and bit me. It does happen.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna
..absolutely!.. it can be somewhat strain related...or it could have been shock, from the drastic temp flucuation, I would guess/think. Possibly, plants accustomed to outdoors, harsher environment, somewhat, conditions them for drastic changes.
Cold temps are certainly never "beneficial".. ;)

Latest posts

Back