Lumens per square foot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ManMafia

What is the general rule to how many lumens per square foot?....

Also is it really bad to crowd too many plants into a small area? How far apart do you generally space your plants indoors?

3,000 Lumens per Sq Ft. MINIMUM, .
5,000 Lumens per Sq Ft. Reccomended, anything higher than that will help the chances of yield and weight of finished product but usually causes heat issues, if your ventilation and grow room is well ventilated then go as high as you can on lumens. Good Luck:)

now it is reccomended to 1 plant per square foot, 1-1/2 for comfortable space.

:cop: :cop: :batman: :batman: some 1 call the thread police, we have a THREADJACK in progress!!:lama: .. LOL..

but anyways, jjsunderground some people might get bothered when some 1 jumps on their thread and start asking their own questions. Not necessarily implying that now but just a heads up that in the future is better to start your own threads when asking your questions..

Thats a good rule to follow but I run 8750 lumens per sq. ft. With proper ventilation, co2 and enviro. controls it works out well

Is there a machine to buy that pumps CO2 into the air? If so where can I buy one and are they worth the money?...

I've also heard of spraying seltzer water onto your plants to get them more CO2... is that a good technique to increase yeilds/potency?

Co2 is not required for a good homegrow, it is more intended for commercial growers in mass amounts, for the price that it costs to get an effective setup it just doesnt balance out.. Ventilatting a room from an outside source outside of your grow area will have more than enuff Co2 in it..

Firepower said:
Co2 is not required for a good homegrow, it is more intended for commercial growers in mass amounts, for the price that it costs to get an effective setup it just doesnt balance out.. Ventilatting a room from an outside source outside of your grow area will have more than enuff Co2 in it..

I agree 100%, Ive seen it in my own results.

What about the seltzer water technique? Does it help / hurt? I've heard of it but have yet to see solid evidence of it's effectiveness.

the problem with Co2 is its weight, it is a heavier gas and tends to fall to bottom, so in order for plants to actuyally get a good dose of it is what makes it har and costly..

i had 11 plants is a small closet,to me a very small area, i can fit12 3 gallon pots if i had to.i ended up with 6,so i dont think its bad unless u can't fit the pots and have enuff light.goodluck

Latest posts

Back