light per square metre?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo

Reaction score
after spending hours reading up on the subject of how much light to use ,ive decided to ask for a few opinions from the pros.

im growing 20 bigbud using a NFT system using two shaded 600 hps lights.
today ive been reading alot here and if im right i should only be using half the amount of light i am in the area im using-2 square metres.

apparently each 600 hps creates 90000 lumens,is this enough to flower my plants or should i stay with the two 600s.

thanks for any advice,itll be appreciated.

stevo said:
after spending hours reading up on the subject of how much light to use ,ive decided to ask for a few opinions from the pros.

im growing 20 bigbud using a NFT system using two shaded 600 hps lights.
today ive been reading alot here and if im right i should only be using half the amount of light i am in the area im using-2 square metres.

apparently each 600 hps creates 90000 lumens,is this enough to flower my plants or should i stay with the two 600s.

thanks for any advice,itll be appreciated.
A rule of thumb is to provide approximatley 50 to 100 watts of HID lighting per square foot of grow area during flowering. This is approximatley 500 to 1000 watts per square meter. Hope this helps ya.

Check out my thread...

Flowering = 107500 lux
distance away = 1ft
grow area = 2m^2
then the total intial lumens needed is:
P = I*A*d^2=107500*1*2=215000 initial lumens
600W give about 90000 so two will give you a descent yield.

Remember though that the plants at the out edge of the garden will be significantly farther than the center and therefore these two lights are probably a little to small for your 2mX2m grow room.

I think he said 2 square metres, that's about 20 sq ft, not a 2m x 2m grow.
I believe you'll be running about 4500 L/ft with one lamp which is plenty for veg, and with two lamps 9000 L /ft will give you terrific buds.

the calculations were done using an area of 2m^2 but I miss stated that ...same results though
thanks

Latest posts

Back