Is 54 degrees TOO cold to grow?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingstoned77

Puff Puff PASS!!!
Reaction score
I have no choice on where to have my setup so it is in my basement , and right now i took germinated seeds , that have split the shell , and put them in soil in small pots . My question is , the temperature here is 54 - 60 degrees on average . i'm only using a 4' - 2 bulb fluro to get them started so there is no heat from it . WILL they grow in this temp?

That is very cold to be growing MJ. If the plants grow, they will struggle.

You could get a bigger bulb and enclose your grow area well, leave the lights on 24/7.
Use a small heater.

id use some HID's to heat the grow area up alil probably wont be much tho

dude, MJ can handle 50-60 degrees no problem. Mine handled 35-mid 40's just fine and kept growing strong. Mother Nature's designs are a lot tougher than you think. For the best results though you probably want that 70 degree range.

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
dude, MJ can handle 50-60 degrees no problem. Mine handled 35-mid 40's just fine and kept growing strong. Mother Nature's designs are a lot tougher than you think. For the best results though you probably want that 70 degree range.

Agreed strain dependant,,,55

Thanks for the replies. I know this is cold , but they are just breaking the surface and are under 24/0 light right now . i only intend to do this till i put them into my cabinet i built . I just dont want to stunt them or hurt them in anyway till i sort out the few good ones to keep , i have 15 jiffy pots with germed beans in there now. I was trying to avoid using a heater as to i do not trust them , especisialy if the cord gets warm . Dont want to burn up the house. I intend to start a grow journal SOON , and will post my setup , with pics and all . This is my first real grow and i have learned alot from the short while i've been on this site , THANKS to all the great info here !!

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:

Thats true for an Indica plant, but why grow it cold when you can shoot for good yield and quality. Take pride in your grow when you can, if you can't put heaters down in your basement because of saftey issues, thats ok, get some blankets, staple gun, or something that will cling the blankets in place and leave yourself an access area to work on them. Try to keep them warm, ALWAYS.

Latest posts

Back