I can smell it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sopappy

Reaction score
Oh dear. I have a ventilated grow in the basement but I also vape a lot in here. I was out and about one day and a close friend warned me that I smelled like pot. I hadn't vaped since night before ???
Obviously, there's an ambiance in here that my clothing is picking up.

Febreeze before I leave is all I can think of...
and never let anyone in here

stink tips?

Ozone generator, carbon filter and/or change the charcoal, fabreze in your duct work.

Ozone generator, carbon filter and/or change the charcoal, fabreze in your duct work.

dryer sheets in the ductwork? or just keep a capful in the vent?

I tried socks with charcoal in the floor vents but too airflow restrictive.

Spray a cloud and walk through it before you leave?
or are you just regularly spraying closets?

I wouldn't get this stuff on myself. It can cause blindness if you get it in your eyes. It is pretty much just for air cleansing but it works fantastic.

I just started using this and it is way better than Febreeze or other sprays. This one chemically alters the odors and removes them without masking them with fragrance. It has a slight lemon smell but after a minute or so all you smell is clean air.

Ozium
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozium-Or...75035&wl11=online&wl12=49211793&wl13=&veh=sem

I have a friend that just the other day recommended Ozium to me. Said you could pick it up at Walmart or auto parts stores. Said the Vanilla was their favorite. They were saying you could have a half smoked doobie in the ash tray in the car an no odor at all when you get in. I’m gonna get some, my place reeks to high heaven processing pot.

I would die at ya'lls house. I would rather smell pot then smell fabreeze or any chemicals.. I admit it is nice when everything is jarred and you can open the windows. Sometimes i set some bowls of vinegar around to clean the air. I know I must reek all the time... oh well.

I would die at ya'lls house. I would rather smell pot then smell fabreeze or any chemicals.. I admit it is nice when everything is jarred and you can open the windows. Sometimes i set some bowls of vinegar around to clean the air. I know I must reek all the time... oh well.

Ditto that. I hate all the artificial smells they put in everything today. I like the smell of clean. LOL

Mrs Hack just got one of those essential oil aroma therapy things. Stinks like crapo to me. LOL

Laundry detergent is one of the worse for me. Those fabreeze things would make me vomit. LMAO

When I want to mask the smell of weed drying or a super smelly house.... I put cookies in the oven, LOL

People tell me all the time that I smell like pot. LOL Probably because it always seems like I just finished smoking a joint. I take it as a compliment. LOL

If i have an appointment and want to mask the smell, I fry onions. We use Method laundry soap from Amazon. no smell. Essential oils, if organic, scency is not, i can take a bit of citrus. I even found dryer sheets that don't smell. in the organic section. lol

I have a friend that just the other day recommended Ozium to me. Said you could pick it up at Walmart or auto parts stores. Said the Vanilla was their favorite. They were saying you could have a half smoked doobie in the ash tray in the car an no odor at all when you get in. I’m gonna get some, my place reeks to high heaven processing pot.

Yeah I knew this stuff is the real deal when heavy cigarette smokers recommended it. It is pretty cool how it just neutralizes odors.

We need a "TIPS" sticky, where we can list all of these tips that get doled out over the years. :)

If pot is legal where you live, don’t worry, be happy you got plenty of it. Chill dude, it’s no big deal at all. And who cares what other people think about smelling drugs.
If medical pot is legal where you live, just get yourself a script for some disease that qualifies the use in the federal formulary and again, be happy and totally unconcerned with what anyone thinks about your drug use.
But, if pot is not legal where you live, well, you got a real big problem if the stink is detectable by anyone, especially law enforcement or cops that take illegal drug use personally. Many cops could really care less and will do nothing when they smell the weed burning, just too much trouble, paper work and having to appear in court, etc. so I've heard.
Solution - maybe move somewhere it legal to smoke it or something. Just quit. No growing in the room where you sleep.
There is always a fix for little issues like this.

Last edited:
Ozone generator Joe. When you leave turn on when you return turn off. Really cleans the air. Just don't leave on all the time. A couple of hours will do the job.

I agree with PC just don't run it long. I used to have one in my old grow that was on a timer so that it only ran periodically. If it runs too much it can kill the plants and will make your lungs hurt. but just periodically will do the trick.

Also, you can use an ozone generator like a wand to blow ozone all over your clothes and it will eliminate odors on you. I have one for my truck that plugs in to the lighter and sits in the cup holder. I use it whenever I have been in a smoke filled place to quickly eliminate the odor.

Latest posts

Back