N1XON's Bag Seed Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N1XON™

Reaction score
Hello everybody it's N1XON here with my first indoor grow.

I started to germ my seeds two days ago and I’m going to transplant them into soil tomorrow.

So far I have a 400watt HPS light set up in my attic where is unfinished and I had to drill a whole up to it for electricity. I am also going to put the light on a timer I have for 18/6, and I have a thermometer and humidifier I am also going to set up. I have PH test strips. And I am going to buy distilled water for the plants.

Okay here are the plans that I have so far if I’m missing something you all can help :). Okay so I have like 10 seeds that are germinating and I plan to put them in soil tomorrow. I have peat moss and pearllite that I am going to mix in with the soil. I have a 400watt HID I have set on chains (I think that is enough light for now). We have about 10'x5'x5' that much space up there to use but I would like to keep it as confined as I can. I have six 6x4 pots.
I want to do a Stealth grow and I plan on doing 4-6 plants and if some turn out to be male then I can always get rid of them and focus on the ones that are left.

Remember this is my first indoor grow and I can use as much help as I can get.

-----
What kind of water soluble fertilizer should I get that I can get in a store?
Is that enough light?
Did I miss anything?

4-8-(1).gif

Hi there nixon. Good to see you doing your first indoor grow. I am also in the process of my first indoor crop and I'm loving it. You will be addicted forever after this. Anyways, your seeds look great so far. Make sure to get them in dirt asap. You should plant them as soon as the root comes out of the seed about 1/4 inch or so.

You sound like you have wayyy more than enough room for a 400 watt hps. I would section off a 3 foot by 3 foot area for a 400 watt hps. A 400 will grow about 4-6 plants very well.

Your containers should be at least 1 gallon, 2 gallon are much better. I would also keep the plants reasonably short. Are your familiar with LST? You may want to consider lst or topping to get short bushy plants. Much better for indoor grows than tall christmas trees! I wouldn't get over 3-4 feet tall with a 400 watt hps, especially if you're going to have 4-6 plants in there. They need room to spread out.

As for fertilizer, I would do my best to acquire anything fox farms. They make really good stuff. Get one for veg and one for flower.

I think a 400 watt hps will suit what you want to do just fine. The only thing is you need to make your area considerably smaller to focus the lumens on the plants. Other than that, you should be good to go. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

good luck n1xon will be looking forward to seeing u post pics of your up and coming ladies:peace:

Thanks, I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated on the grow :)

EDIT: OK the plants were transplanted into grow baskets for now and the setup is a little messy. I have 9 sprouted seedlings and they are under the 400watt HPS. I plan to transplant most the plants to 1 gallon buckets. I also want to LST the plants.

How soon should I LST? And I have never don’t it before so if anyone could walk me through the process that would be helpful.

I also have the 400watt HPS on 24/0 for now and then i plan to turn it to 18/6 when i get my timer programmed.

Also I was trying to make a rough timeline. I was thinking 30 days for vegetation and like 45-60 days for flower. Altogether I want to get this dried and cured by the 13th of July. Is this possible or can y’all help me plan better. :)

4-10-(1).gif

4-10-(3).gif

4-10-(2).gif

4-10-(4).gif

id start lst as soon as they get about 5 to6 inches just bend it over very gently you wont a nice arch not a bend do this a little each day untill the plant is as low as you wont it once the plant starts trying to grow back up you can tie it down agine if you wont it to stay even lower hope this is of some some help well you cant know how long it will take take for the plants bud out with out knowing the strain your set up looks good keep up the good work lol

Looks pretty good so far. How close is your light to your plants? You may want to start with your light about 24 inches away from the seedlings as they are easy to kill at this point. Just move the light down a little bit each day until it's about 12-14 inches from the top and you shouldn't have any problems. I would veg for about 20 days and switch to flower. They will double or even triple their height during flowering so if you start with a 15 inch plant, you will end up with a 30-40 inch plant at the end of flower. I would look into lst. That helps to keep your ladies short. Also, have you thought about mylar or panda film to reflect all that lost light back onto your plants? You may want to consider it. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
Looks pretty good so far. How close is your light to your plants? You may want to start with your light about 24 inches away from the seedlings as they are easy to kill at this point. Just move the light down a little bit each day until it's about 12-14 inches from the top and you shouldn't have any problems. I would veg for about 20 days and switch to flower. They will double or even triple their height during flowering so if you start with a 15 inch plant, you will end up with a 30-40 inch plant at the end of flower. I would look into lst. That helps to keep your ladies short. Also, have you thought about mylar or panda film to reflect all that lost light back onto your plants? You may want to consider it. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I know about the light i plan to move it down more or move the plants up a bit.. and i thought of the mylar which i will prob do.. and i want to do LST which i have to learn more about.

Sounds like you have a plan in motion my friend. Panda film is also an option. You can use it to make temporary walls and its lightweight and easy to use. That would keep you from taking your light down and moving it closer to a wall or what not. Search LST on the search engine here on the site and you will see all kinds of examples. that crazy vancouver guy has a good thread on LST that he just posted today. You should check it out. He uses the exact same method I do when I lst. You should definitely check it out. Take care and be safe. Keep us posted.

Trillions has brought up a valid point. Do you have any plans for ventilation when summer comes around? If not, you are going to have serious problems. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

trillions of atoms said:
make sure it doesnt get to hot in there- by june that attic will be well over 100 degrees F without adequate cooling remember.

Yeah if it gets to hot and I can’t get it down up there ill have to move it into a closet down stairs but for now it should be ok.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

As long as you have a plan for when it does get hot, you're in the good. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I plan to get a fan up there in like a month when it gets warm out and up there if it becomes too hot to control then i have no choice but to move them down stairs.

I hope to get 6 plants (female). LSD (bushes yay)

I also have to get some nuts and fertilizer but I am a bit unsure what I should get that I can pick up at a home depot or something.

A fan will help a tiny bit but not very much if the room temps are really high. You will probably end up moving them downstairs. As for nutes, anything fox farms is great stuff. I'm not sure that Home Depot will have it though. You can get it online though. Take care and be safe.

Well I was going to get it online but it is a lot of money in delivery and if I can get something that will do okay I will get it at the store by me. I plan on doing more advanced grows when I get good but for now I just want to get by and make some nice plants.

Okay Thanks but dose anyone have a good one i should use?

There are many brands of nutes out there. Fox Farms tends to be one of the better ones so I don't really know what other brand name to recommed as I've always used fox farms. You may really want to consider picking some up, if at all possible. You will be well rewarded in the end, I'm sure. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

hi nixon glad to see you got some pics up :tokie:
Just stay away from Miracle Grow and you should be fine
i am using miracle grow water soluble all purpose feed at the minute and it doesnt seem to be doing my plants any harm ,,,npk is 15-30-15 ,,,,just my opinion i hope it helps ,,,:peace:

Well I use to use it when I grew outside and it didn't do so bad if you went easy on it. But is there is a better one that I could use I would rather use that one. Either way it is better than nothing.

Latest posts

Back