A documented difference on indoor and outdoor plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
OK, I know that this gets big debate, but I now have proof and need opinions on this matter. My plants started flowering at the same time all in dirt. The one that was a clone I left outside, the others I started from seed, I brought inside. I felt that the clone was going to yield the most so I left outside. So now the question, why is my plant inside already producing Trichomes and my outdoor one is not. Both are just at 2 weeks of flowering. See pics below, the indoor is the 1st one. All replys appreciated

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30534

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30536

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30535

The Toker

DSC03691.JPG

DSC03702.JPG

you are growing all different phenotypes in totally different enviroments so yes you should expect to see variations, sometimes quite a bit of variations.

The plants are not the same genetic age and are under totally different lighting schedules. Everything is different, and because of that so will be the plants

Both plants in and out are in 12/12. I am debating weather to bring the outdoor one in, what do you think? I know they are different strains, but I would think that under 1,000,000 watts of light outdoors that it would be producing better than the inside ones. The inside are doing better than the outside and I am using cfl and fl inside , NO HPS

The Toker

I agree just let them run there course. The outdoor plant will be better quality but will take longer to finish but will be so worth it you will see. For one thing the buds outside will be denser the the buds inside with your cfls. You will find out.

The plants I have inside were actually grown outside and were brought inside to bud. seem to be doing well under the cfls/fls. What do you mean about "serious damage"

In order to do a comparison like this both plants would need to be clones of the same plant. 2 totally different strains growing differently doesn't prove anything about outside vs inside. Whos to say if they traded places you wouldn't be getting the exact same results?

bombbudpuffa said:
In order to do a comparison like this both plants would need to be clones of the same plant. 2 totally different strains growing differently doesn't prove anything about outside vs inside. Whos to say if they traded places you wouldn't be getting the exact same results?
:yeahthat: at least...
Both plants in and out are in 12/12.
unless you are moving the outdoor plant into the dark daily, or you live on or near the equator, it can't be getting a "12/12" schedule.

not trying to discourage your experiment, because any experience is noteworthy. But scientific or accurate, it won't be,as a comparison.:)

Sun is up at 6:57 and sets at 8:16 so not quite 12/12 but the trees block the sun for about an hour, so close to 12/12

It takes longer for outdoors to finish, but worth the wait IMHO.

More & Better Buds = Happy winter evenings comfy on the couch as gail force winds and driving snow keep you inside!

Latest posts

Back