Nirvana Durban Poison grow-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys. so i recieved some nirvana durban poison, and a free g13 quicksilver seed, (even though i ordered some shaman seeds). and im going to germ them tonight, ill also take some pictures and probly post them tomorrow. its my very first grow! so im extremely nervous! and very very excited. wish me luck!

Hey, I've read about Durban Poison in an issue of High Times once.. Should be some great stuff. Happy growing!

I will watch this one. Durban poison is just an intoxicating sound. FYI this plant can grow over nine feet.

haha holy sh** i didnt know that! well im going to be growing most plants outside, but im also thinking of growing a mom inside, and grow about 4 plants from it every few months. im really excited!

and ok first update! i just took 5 of the nirvana durban poison seeds and started to germinate them using the paper towel method

ok its been 12 hours since i first started germinating, and so far as expected i dont see any tap roots, but the towel is still moist so i added just a little bit of water and put them back in here are some pics!

and here are some pics of the temp on another thread
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42301

the temp is 71 inside, 73 out, do you guys think i should put a heating pad under the plate?

IMG_0667-1.JPG

IMG_0669-1.JPG

IMG_0670-1.JPG

just keep em in a drawer or something, open em just once a day.
keep including lots of pics we all like that and its easier to help with problems.
You seem like youve done some reading but IME you can never read enough.
Go to the top of each forum and read each "sticky", they will give you tons
of info and i assure you will make your grow go dramatically smoother.
I would read up on everything now, seeing as how youve already started. Your going to run into alot of questions that will need answering, itll help
if you can answer some by your self.
Make sure you have everything ready
Proper lighting for your sized grow space, proper nutrients for marijuana, proper temperatures and humidity, ventilation...etc.
Good luck i hope everything goes smoothly.

thedonofchronic

haha yeah i know how everyone is here about pics ill keep em coming. and i have a grow closet that is 70"-29"-20" (H-w-d) but i can section it off. right now i have a 600w mh/hps ballast setup, but i dont think im going to use it in there. i also have (3) 25watt 6400K 1800L cfls, i plan on buying a few more 42w cfls from 1000bulbs.com, but with these 3 cfls and refectors will it be enough to get these seeds started for a few weeks before i put them outside? also what type of fan will i need to get for my closet? and i dnt want my roomate looking around so hopefully a quiet fan! thanks alot guys.

ok this afternoon at 1:00 i checked the seeds and 4 out of 5 have cracked with 2 of them showing the tap root. i will check on them again at 1:00 in the morning and include some pics

ok guys so 4 out of 5 of my lil guys germed so i started them in rockwool squares, with the last guy which looked to be the worst seed i scruffed up a bit on my matchbox and he germed to! which makes 5 out of 5! but i left him in the paper towel because although ive had all the materials for my grow closet i havent finished the closet so im still working on it, tomorrow i should get it done. with the 3 cfls i have in there now the temp stays about 75 but i want to get a few 42 watt cfls to, and at some point have a small mother and grow out some clones...

hey guys this is at day 1, about 5 mins ago. i had some issues with my light hangers and the cfls were about 3 feet away from the plants:eek: ! but i somewhat fixed them for now.

how do they look so far? do you think the 2 on the outside are gonna make it or no? and the one to the left of the one that shed itself im pretty sure is done :( the taproot like grew up for some reason?

and how often should i be watering the roots? also when i water them should i just pour the water on the cube?

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

Hah yeah I know. I'm having problems with the pulleys their on. But I'm gona make a different setup tomorrow. Do I really need the reflectors with a cfl grow? And is it better for the lights to be horizontal or vertical?

TokeWithHope said:
Do I really need the reflectors with a cfl grow?

Do you NEED the reflectors? In my opinion, no. But I would definitely use some mylar to help increase light efficiency.

TokeWithHope said:
And is it better for the lights to be horizontal or vertical?

You asked this question in my Grow Journal so you can check out my journal to find my answer. But here it is anyway :D :

I'm assuming the CFL is above the plant in both conditions. In my opinion, for what it's worth..lol, it does not matter. The CFL should equally disperese the light, in terms of luminosity, in all directions regardless if the light(bulb) is horizontal or vertical. I would not think there is more luminosity on the top of the bulb versus the sides. :D

yeah i love your journal bro! well i dont have any mylar but i do have black and white poly?

also im looking into getting a 150 hps from htg supply. you think this would be ok? its 70$ for a new system.
just would the heat from this be more than the heat from 6 42watt cfls?

and i also might get their 2ft 2bulb 10,000 lumen flouro fixture setup for the beginning of these guys life and to keep a mom......

TokeWithHope said:
yeah i love your journal bro! well i dont have any mylar but i do have black and white poly?

Thanks!!! I can't wait to see what you can do with yours. Some people actually prefer the poly over mylar. It's hard to set up mylar without wrinkles.

TokeWithHope said:
also im looking into getting a 150 hps from htg supply. you think this would be ok? its 70$ for a new system.
just would the heat from this be more than the heat from 6 42watt cfls?

Sorry, I don't use HID's so I don't know. :)

lol thank you! well im pretty sure 4 of my seeds are dead they wilted really bad and fell over! i think the cubes dried out on me :(. but i have one survivor who is standing strong! i just repotted him in a small container with some ocean forest soil! ill get some pics up soon

Latest posts

Back