Big bang 2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiskyPack

Reaction score
Hello

I'm back with my 2nd grow. I've done some shopping since the last time, and I'm now growing inside a closet with 125 watt cfl for the seedlings and the first period of growth, and a 400 watt hps for the last growing weeks and for the flowering stage. I put an exhaust fan in the top of the closet to vent out the hot air.

I'm currently at day 3, and the seedlings have just broken free of the ground. I have planted only feminized seeds this time, so hopefully I won't have to chop anything down.

For fertilizer I'm using a 3 component system from GHE.

I hope you will enjoy this grow as much as I will.

7-18 - 01.JPG

7-18 - 02.JPG

7-18 - 03.JPG

7-18 - 04.JPG

Just a picture from the garden of my parents. Planted some seeds in their green house and dad planted them out. My parents neighbor will probably be smoking them soon :D

have.JPG

Only 3 out of 5 seeds germinated, but I ordered some new seeds, Nemesis Feminized. So I'll have a later starter in my closet, but I hope it will be ok. I will try to start LST next week, when they have gone to the vegetative stage.

Enjoy the pictures ;)

7-27 - 01.JPG

7-27 - 02.JPG

7-27 - 03.JPG

7-27 - 04.JPG

7-27 - 05.JPG

You will not regret the money spent on new gewr. Looking good, will be following!

I've started low stress training, I'll see if I can get it working.. Looks like I need some practice though. Here on the morning of day 18 my plants have turned my contraptions.

Day 017 - 1.JPG

Day 017 - 2.JPG

Day 017 - 3.JPG

Day 017 - 4.JPG

Day 017 - 5.JPG

My new seedling has germinated about a week ago, so it is about 2 weeks behind the other plants. It is a feminized Nemesis from Seedsman. I think I'll let it solo in another place, when flowering starts for the other plants.

The Big Bang ladies are doing great, and the LST is really starting to pay off. I can see how the lower branches are really growing now. I'll try to get like a circle with the main stem, but I have realized that it is not so easy to make a turn on the stem. Anyways here are the pictures, and any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

FYI the light normally hangs lower, I moved it up for the sake of the pictures.

Day 023 - 1.jpg

Day 023 - 2.jpg

Day 023 - 3.jpg

Day 023 - 4.jpg

Day 023 - 5.jpg

Day 023 - 6.jpg

Day 023 - 7.jpg

Day 023 - 8.jpg

Day 023 - 9.jpg

Nice looking babies. I take it you're height restricted, or are you experimenting with lst? Either way, I'd like to see how this strain does. Good luck.

Well actually I'm just experimenting to see how many branches the plant will generate. Thanks for the compliment, I hope it will be a nice grow with 4 lovely ladies

Thet loook mighty fine i must say!

Question; why do you switch lights before you switch lightcycle? Never heard of this efore. I'm sure it'll work though, i veg with hps only and have no problems.

kebnekajse said:
Thet loook mighty fine i must say!

Question; why do you switch lights before you switch lightcycle? Never heard of this efore. I'm sure it'll work though, i veg with hps only and have no problems.
Sometimes the strain in question does not grow to its full potential under CCFL's. Sometimes you have a bud room sitting empty and a mother room too filled with clones...either way you do it, I always run my veg plants under the 1000w for about 2 weeks to really boost the plant up and strengthen its stems before it starts filling em up with bud. I do it so my corn cobbs dont end up 180 degrees from their original position (on the floor). LoL

This grow I found something new though so I dont have to worry about plant strength.

YoYo's!

YoYo.jpg

OGKushman said:
Sometimes the strain in question does not grow to its full potential under CCFL's. Sometimes you have a bud room sitting empty and a mother room too filled with clones...either way you do it, I always run my veg plants under the 1000w for about 2 weeks to really boost the plant up and strengthen its stems before it starts filling em up with bud. I do it so my corn cobbs dont end up 180 degrees from their original position (on the floor). LoL

This grow I found something new though so I dont have to worry about plant strength.

YoYo's!

Ah, so it's all about lumens, not the spectrum of the light. Gotcha!

OGKushman said:

YoYo's!

I couldn't have decriped it better myself. I just want the plant to reach full potential before budding.

But actually there was also another argument I didn't write yesterday. I wanted to switch the lights when the plants was comfortably out of the seedling stage, to give them more lumens. But my problem now is that I have a late starter, so I'll probably keep the CFL on until it is time to start flowering the 3 big bang ladies, and then I'll let Nemesis sit and solo in another place for a couple of weeks, before putting her under the flowering light. So I'll probably have to do all the veging stage under CFL.

I think you will be fine vegging under the cfl. You do have a fan creating a breeze, strengthening the stem, don't you?

Lst is, after some experimenting, my favourite method of training. Never came across a plant that didn't like it. With that said, i have not grown that many. You can bend the stem more than you think, atleast as long as it hasn't gone woody. Bend before watering when the stems are a bit softer. With some patience you can get a canopy as even as with a scrog.

One thing that troubles me a bit is that your plant seem to lie on the soil. I bend mine over something with the appropriate height to get some air between soil and stem. I imagine watering gets harder if you don't. I also have a fear for stemrot, but i'm not sure if it's a problem really. Could just be my way of doing things.

Take care/
k

Well actually there is about 1 cm to the soil to the stem, but some of the fan leafs are touching the soil. However it is only fan leaves, and it is just after I so more lst, they eventually turn towards the lights. I see your concern though, and I'll keep it in mind. About the bending, I'm actually also very surprised by the degree of bending. I didn't know that it was softer before watering, but that is a great tip. I think I'll try to leave my Nemesis without LST to compare the results, even though it is a different species.

I heard that actually LST does only increase yield a little bit in the end, as the top cola will be smaller.. Is this true?

Oh and about the fan.. I actually just put in an order of a Honeywell HT 800 wall fan last week. Right now I only have the exhaust fan, but the stems look very strong on the ladies. I think it is a combination of good light, the right fertilizer and of course the fact that it is mostly Indica. But I really think that lots of light is more important to the stems than a fan.

I don't know how yield differs between lst anda a straight grow, could be the same. But, lower buds don't really mature, at least not with the light i got (250w hps) and they get very airy.

But a fan blowing in your growspace really help the stems thicken up. I recomend it. Plus it helps providing co2 to the plant.

How do you ad co2? Do you buy it in tanks? Or is there another way to provide co2 to your grow closet. My cabinet is not air tight, so won't the co2 get into my room?

You just want to make sure you hve adequate air exchange in your room...out with the old air in with the new....

Hamster Lewis said:
You just want to make sure you hve adequate air exchange in your room...out with the old air in with the new....
Yes, but the leafes has some very, very small hairs on them that create sort of a surface of stale air. You need some wind to get rid of this air, thus a fan in your growspace. I have seen the difference myself, but read the eplanation here. Plants looove a gentle breeze. But yeah, ehaust/intake is more important.

EDIT: I just realized that this might be bullshit, but i think there is some truth to it...

RiskyPack said:
How do you ad co2? Do you buy it in tanks? Or is there another way to provide co2 to your grow closet. My cabinet is not air tight, so won't the co2 get into my room?
On another forum i used to visit, people were obsessed with c02 and air humidity. Most just had a big bottle of water, sugar and yeast (for c02 that is). When done you could make some moonshine! But i think it's a hype unless you have a very big grow.

Latest posts

Back