Ya Gotta Love that Satori

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

For some weird reason I found I had 1 Satori seed and 1 Speed Queen seed--I usually never leave just 1 seed so I can weed out the males. Anyhow, I germed them both. While I am hoping for females, the Satori is growing so fast that I am amazed--hope it's not a male. This plant was put into veg a couple of weeks ago. It is about 12" across and only a little over 3" tall. It has 5 sets of real leaves :D.

2-17-10 018-2.JPG

2-17-10 020-2.JPG

I loved my satori! They're the prettiest plants I've grown so far, too. I still have a few beans, too, but don't have a space big enough to grow them at the moment. Hope you do a gj, THG :hubba:

Thats beautiful.......satori is solid indica right? Mandela?

I am testing mother nature again this summer with a satori outdoors, in hopes to get her finished before bud rot visits again. Way too pretty a plant not to grow it, even if I don't get amber trichs. She just tastes sooooo good. More GREEN MOJO for my fave plant just to look at

THG, you're growing with T5's??? How many of them???? Will you switch to HID when you put them into flower?

I have to tell you . The people that run Mandala Seeds are top notch and are hands down some of the nicest people I've ever talked to. Mike and Jasmin, the proprietors are both on my list of people to make sainthood.

Mike and Jasmine both made a couple of crushed seed orders right for me when they didn't have to. They also give me freebies and a tester that all turned out excellent.

Mandala seeds does it right... fo sho.

mojavemama said:
THG, you're growing with T5's??? How many of them???? Will you switch to HID when you put them into flower?

Hi MM, how are you doing?

I veg with T5s. I used to veg with 400W MH. I bought the T5 several years ago for a project that I never ended up doing. I was having some heat problems in the summer and decided to try the T5 since it seemed cooler. Well. to my surprise, it was not only cooler, it gave me dense growth with close internodal spacing at almost 1/2 the watts of the MH I had been using. I have been using T5s to veg with ever since. I have a vegging space that is 2 x 4 x 4. I use a 4' 4 tube T5 fixture. The bulbs are 54W 5000 lumen--total 216W and 20,000 lumens. I have seedlings about 2" from the light and do not have to worry about them burning. I am a big fan of T5s for vegging.

I have a 3 x 6.5 flowering closet that I have 2 600W digis in. I recently changed from a single 1000W metallic ballast to the 600s.

I also have to say that I echo Mr. Wakenbake's sentiments about Mandala Seeds. I have had no opportunity to deal with anyone there directly since all my experiences with their seeds has been excellent. Satori is one of my all time favorites. I have a Safari Mix pheno that I am quite fond of.

HI THG...

Nice and healthy looking :baby:babies:baby: ya got there... I love to smoke Satori and hope to add it to my rotation someday. I just finished up a Mandala Ganesh lady that is awesome. It hasn't cured very long but already has a smooth piney taste and it's a very good yielding Indica that runs 8-9 weeks.

Rock ON!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HI THG...

Nice and healthy looking :baby:babies:baby: ya got there... I love to smoke Satori and hope to add it to my rotation someday. I just finished up a Mandala Ganesh lady that is awesome. It hasn't cured very long but already has a smooth piney taste and it's a very good yielding Indica that runs 8-9 weeks.

Rock ON!:cool:

I have been looking at Ganesh and 8 Miles High from Mandala. Thanks for the mini report on the Ganesh.

Ok Goddess but how do she fair against the cindies?

Wow, thanks for the great response, THG! I have the same thing in my vegging and flowering room (except 6500K's in veg and 3000K in flower).
I also noticed a huge change when I switched over to the HO T5's. I wish I had an HID in the flower room, but hubby is already carping about the electric bill being $100 higher with my grow rooms, so I'll have to keep using the T5's for flowering. Thankfully, I can still augment them with natural sun, until it gets too hot here in the desert.

I also have very tight internodal spaces, no stretch, and I'm thrilled by how much better they are doing under the HO t5's than the old T12's and t8's I started with. Sigh....one day, an HID. But until then, I'll be glad I live in a desert. Gotta be SOME bennies to living in this climate, where summer means driving our cars with oven mitts on!

That Satori is awesome. Hope I'll be able to grow one some day! I'm thrilled with the Aurora Indicas, though.

It sure is fun learning to grow!!!!

mojavemama said:
Wow, thanks for the great response, THG! I have the same thing in my vegging and flowering room (except 6500K's in veg and 3000K in flower).
I also noticed a huge change when I switched over to the HO T5's. I wish I had an HID in the flower room, but hubby is already carping about the electric bill being $100 higher with my grow rooms, so I'll have to keep using the T5's for flowering. Thankfully, I can still augment them with natural sun, until it gets too hot here in the desert.

I also have very tight internodal spaces, no stretch, and I'm thrilled by how much better they are doing under the HO t5's than the old T12's and t8's I started with. Sigh....one day, an HID. But until then, I'll be glad I live in a desert. Gotta be SOME bennies to living in this climate, where summer means driving our cars with oven mitts on!

That Satori is awesome. Hope I'll be able to grow one some day! I'm thrilled with the Aurora Indicas, though.

It sure is fun learning to grow!!!!

I don't know how much your electricity is where you live, but your T5s should not be raising your bill anywhere near $100 a month. I am running 1200W in my flowering room, along with the ventilation and a commercial air pump and 216W along with ventilation and a smaller commercial air pump in my vegging space and all that only raises my electricity bill $60-70 a month.

Lumen for lumen, fluoros are not cheaper to run than HIDs. When you get ready to talk to hubby about HIDs, let me know. They are really cheaper (all the way around)--I'll help you with your "arguments" :hubba:.

I have thinking about getting some Aurora Indica. I have some friends that really need a couch-lock high (pain killer/sleeping aid) and I heard that it really puts you down. What's your opinion on it MM?

THG, thanks so much for the great advice, once again! The light bill also includes a bunch of t-8's and t-12's as well as two banks of 4' 4 bulb T5's (one in veg room, one in flower room), and the two fans, the two humidifiers going continuously. Hubby says we do have high electric rates here in the desert. I just read him what you wrote, and he laughed. He said before I had grow lights our electric bill in the summer was about $300 a month, now they are $400 a month. When you said HID's are cheaper, his eyebrows raised. This is GOOD. I think he's softening up....<G>

Yes, I know Lumen for Lumen the flouros are not cheaper than an HID, and I am lusting after the day when I can actually get an HID. And you can be SURE I'll be tapping you for the best possible arguments to get one!

It just seems that everytime I have a little saved up for them, something breaks or needs replacing on one of the powerchairs, and they are my legs. Durable medical equipment dealers gouge us, I swear. $20,000 for a powerchair, then $600 for a set of tires! $1,000 for a seat pad! And like shoes (which I remember from long ago--hahh!), these things need replacing regularly.

Living with a disablity is not an inexpensive endeavor, and growing my own meds, while very thrilling, fulfilling, empowering and better than pharmaceuticals---still is not covered by medical insurance. Bummers!

Ah well, the longer I wait, the more I'll appreciate it, right?
For now, I'll have to rely upon the T5's and as Hick calls it, "That Giant Halide in the Sky!" I thank goodness for the desert sun at this time of year.

Thanks again, THG. I appreciate the support and information very much. I'm not at all discouraged. I'm thrilled with this new grow in veg now. The Aurora Indicas are just incredible. So huge, with fan leaves far bigger than my spayed hand. No stretch. Just bushy, fabulous plants with strong, thick stems. I drool over them every day. I wish I knew how they smoked, but this is only my second grow, and they are still vegging. I can't wait, tho!

If they are better than the current grow (I had to sneak a bit of the purple kush and the Widow) I will be more than thrilled. I vaped a 1/4 inch of the PK last night and wheeled into the wine rack trying to make it to the bedroom!

Latest posts

Back