OG Kush and CBD Shark Shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadkndys

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I transplanted my OG kush's and CBD Shark Shock a week ago. They seem to being doing good so far. They are a month old and in FFOF also in 3 gallon grow bags. They are getting 19 hrs of light as I am using a 400w MH at night.
I also plan on adding 3 more Shark Shocks soon.

:smoke1:
[/FONT]

View attachment GH pic1.jpg

THEY definately look happy and pretty. Good job so far.

Can't wait to hear how that cbd strain turns out.

Mojo for your grow.

They look nice and green, but you are getting some stretch there. I think that you could cut the stretch down if you were running your lights 24/7.

THEY definately look happy and pretty. Good job so far.

Can't wait to hear how that cbd strain turns out.

Mojo for your grow.
Thanks and yeah I very curious how the Shark Shock will do too.
They look nice and green, but you are getting some stretch there. I think that you could cut the stretch down if you were running your lights 24/7.
I would run them for 24 hrs but I feel they should have a few hours of rest.

MJ is one of those magical plants, while in its veg stage it technially doesnt need a dark period, all a dark period does is cause the plant to stretch between nodes, the plant can continue to grow and grow and grow without ever seeing a dark period for years, i have a friend who has a mother plant thats going on its 9th year alive and every clone grown and flowered is still as good as it was 9 years ago.

as they say "no rest for the wicked", well MJ is one wickedly awesome plant!

Thanks and yeah I very curious how the Shark Shock will do too.

I would run them for 24 hrs but I feel they should have a few hours of rest.

That is one of the common misconceptions about cannabis. Some plants need a dark period and some plants don't. Like Sunakard mentioned, cannabis is one that doesn't need a dark period--there is no benefit to a dark period when in veg. Running 18/6 encourages the plant to stretch (looking for light) during the dark period, 24/7 light and the plant will grow--develop new internodes rather than stretch.

That is one of the common misconceptions about cannabis. Some plants need a dark period and some plants don't. Like Sunakard mentioned, cannabis is one that doesn't need a dark period--there is no benefit to a dark period when in veg. Running 18/6 encourages the plant to stretch (looking for light) during the dark period, 24/7 light and the plant will grow--develop new internodes rather than stretch.

THG you are correct marijuana is a C3
Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light.
The plant's photosynthetic rate determines its growth rate because the sugars are used by the plant to build tissue and for energy. Cannabis under continuous light will grow 33% faster than the same plants on an 18-6 light regime.
So this is what they say???? but many factors again play a huge roll i have kept plants on 24 light cycle and did not see a significant or like they mention 33 percent faster ??? we all for for this being MJ is a C3 plant it will grow with 24 hrs of lighting..
Plants use periods of darkness, too. During dark periods, plants continue to take in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide in a process called respiration. During this time, the plant uses some of the energy that was stored as sugars during photosynthesis, producing proteins, hormones and other complex products. Therefore, lighting mature plants more than seventeen and a half hours per day will not increase production significantly, since photosynthesis will slow down after a certain number of hours Anyways if you figure costs of running lights 24 hrs and gains i bet it costed you more and you got less so was it really worth it

IMO darkness is needed to allow proper respiration and osmosis even in nature and folks we try to make our room a close to mother nature as possible we do not get 24 hrs of lighting except at the poles where nothing really grows ??? and only for a few months out of the year ????
even on your average day the clouds block sunlight

To simplify things, lets use an analogy. Try to think of a plant as a building… one constantly under construction. The plant needs raw materials (fertilizers and water) and energy (light) in order to build itself. The raw materials are the bricks and mortar of the building and the energy is the workers and tools used to assemble the building.

The plant is capable of storing some raw materials and some energy for use later, but the amount is limited...think of a warehouse and a battery, respectively.

During the day (lights ON) the plant is collecting and storing light energy and is using and storing raw materials as it is building itself.

At night (lights OFF) there is no light energy so the plant must rely on energy it stored while the lights were ON. Essentially, the plant is running on batteries and using raw material from the warehouse. Since the plant needs energy to absorb more raw materials, it is easier for the plant to use raw materials that it stored during the day than it is to absorb new raw materials through its roots. In other words, it does the plant no good to waste it's battery refilling the warehouse.

Although the plant is capable of “doing it all” with the lights on (collect, store, and use energy and raw materials), this is not very efficient and it does a better job of actually doing the work while the lights are out.

One last thing to remember is the fact that a plant will always strive to maintain a balance between the size of its roots and the size of its canopy (leaf mass). The roots must be big enough to supply as much raw materials as the canopy can use, and the canopy must be big enough to provide the energy required to uptake and store those raw materials.
If you actually measured them several times daily over several days, you’d notice that they actually DO get bigger at night (roots and canopy at the same rate, unless either has been trimmed) and as long as the “batteries” hold out.

Alright so I lost one OG to a deficiency but took two clones from the other OG and also the Shark Shock. So now I have 3 OGs and 3 SS. One OG started curling from excess heat but started getting better. I have a fan blowing one them during the day.
One of the SS clones I took, I forgot I had topped that plant earlier.
:stoned:
I also grew out another SS from seed which I plan on giving to a relative.

View attachment DSC_0073.jpg

View attachment DSC_0074.jpg

Alright well its been awhile since I updated my GH grow.

Well all of my plants got some deficiency a few weeks ago. A lot of fan leaves were affected and eventually died. I have since corrected the issue. I transplanted two of the OG clones and two Shock Shark clones from 3 gallon to 5 gallon bags a week ago. I also transplanted my other OG and Shark Shock from five gallon to 10 gallon bags.

View attachment DSC_0191[1].jpg

View attachment DSC_0192[1].jpg

bummer on the nute prob they look ok sept for the super thin one.... just wondering what nutrient line r u using?? because for that amount of veg time outdoor they have had they should be double that size atleast imo

Well I flowered them two days ago and the two big ones are around 5 ft tall and the other one is about 4 and a half or so. Can't wait till harvest which should be around the end of November.

View attachment PS.jpg

Right on man , I hope it is smooth sailing for you.

Been almost a month since flowering and I thought I'd update with some bud shots.

Shark Shock
349855085-DSC_04831.jpg

OG
349855146-DSC_04841.jpg

Oh and my OG and SS are finally showing some male flowers. :48:
349809052-DSC_04851.jpg

349809114-DSC_04861.jpg

Latest posts

Back