Small Brown Spots 4Wks in Bloom... Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixx

Reaction score
2 of the 3 plants here have produced small brown spots recently after the last water change... I just upped to the max dose of 75% strength FloraNova 1 Part Bloom. Maybe 75% is too much ?? Temps are 81-82 at max if its a warm day outside. 250 CFM Duct fan venting, and a small personal fan inside the box assisting in pulling in fresh air 24/7.... Same as the 1st grow. PH has been maintained throughout at 5.8-6.0
These brown spots are at the upper most leaves only as of now.
Heres a couple pics... Any Ideas ??
IMG_20110406_145743-750.jpgIMG_20110406_105022-750.jpg

have you looked on the bottom of the leaves?

Yes... looks almost the same...I can see the brown spots "through" the bottom of the leaf... (If that makes sense).
Those pics were taken a few days ago...let me go get another one and I'll snap one of both sides if you think it might help you diagnose

Looks like nutrient burns... Those leaves are awfully dark green too... Lay back on the feed and see if it continues... Temps are kind of high too... This would add to the nutrient burns; higher temps call for faster water/nutrient intake... Either go 1/2 strength, or skip an extra watering for food (if you're currently feeding every other watering, do it every third time then) Hope this helps!:D

Edit: try and bring your pH p to 6.5-6.8, low pH may be locking out nutrients (nutrients will pool in the veins of the leaves into insoluble salts; causing burns) either pH, too much food, or a combination of both!

Isnt 5.8 optimal for Hydro ??... Im considering just changing the water early (now), and dropping the doseage back down to 50%.

Edit: Heres a current pic.
Front-750.jpg

Back-750.jpg

Mine was Cal/Mag def, I too could see the spots looking up at bottom of leaf.

Dude, from what i've learn off of reading a little rodents post ( ham ) those kinda look like u might have mites.... maybe I dunno I should even put hams name in my post cuz he is far more knowledgeable then myself but those look like mite spots to me.

But also the way ur tips are curling it could be something completely different.

Wouldn't you be seeing webs if they were this far along?

that many spots and they aren't that far along?? You'd certainly find some on the bottom of the leaves though, IF this is mites, you should find some on the bottom sides.

I agree...look like mites.

You won't necesarily see webbing...but once you do ouch :(

I would highly suggest getting a microscope and taking a look. You can get a decent 60x-100x microscope off Amazon for like $15.

The spots just appeared 4-5 days ago... or thats when I noticed them...And I see them every day at least if its just to make sure nothing is touching the lights... I have a 30X mag glass, and looked for mites...I have seen mites on a friends plant last year...they were easy to find... I havent seen any on mine...
****...You had to say mites...Now Im kinda freakin out...IM gonna go look again right now.

I have seen Spider mites do damage like that and never see a web. Give your ladies a cold water shower to wash of any bug and repeat til harvest. just be sure to shake off the water and watch for mold

I looked again...Still havent seen a single mite... Im leaning towards nutes or Ph... Gonna do a water change tonight and back down to 50% Str, and watch them very close.

ozzydiodude said:
I have seen Spider mites do damage like that and never see a web. Give your ladies a cold water shower to wash of any bug and repeat til harvest. just be sure to shake off the water and watch for mold

Can you do a cold water shower while in flower??? How about neem oil??? I am growing outdoor and recently bought neem oil.

I mix a teaspoon of neem oil and a teaspoon of dish liquid soap into a sprayer and mix. After i spray the plant all over... For those familiar with using neem, can you use it during flower???

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Can you do a cold water shower while in flower??? How about neem oil??? I am growing outdoor and recently bought neem oil.

I mix a teaspoon of neem oil and a teaspoon of dish liquid soap into a sprayer and mix. After i spray the plant all over... For those familiar with using neem, can you use it during flower???

A cold shower is for when the plants are in flowering if in vegging break out the neems oil or other stronger chemical treatments.

IMO you are mixing the neems way to weak and just letting the spider mites build up a defense against it. The way I have seen to mix neems is 2 TABLESPOONS to a gal of water. If you use it in flowering you have a good chace in tasting the neems when you smoke the weed later.

Im totally thrilled so many of you chimed in to help diag the problem...Thankyou.
I really dont think its mites though..Ive examined all 3 girls very closely... Top...Bottom...spotted leaves...healthy leaves... Im banking my Ph is too low....I will update in a few days.

Latest posts

Back