Hi, I'm new here, and have a few questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzoboyle

Reaction score
I have always really wanted to start growing but i have never been at a good location, also i cant really afford all the high tech stuff I've seen most people have.

I live in an apartment, and I have been considering trying to grow in a closet. I would like to use a hyroponic system, and just the bare neccessities cause im on a very tight budget. HPS lights are out of the question for now =( . But is it possible to do the entire growing with fluorescent lights? If so, I think i wanna give it a shot. Can anyone give me some tips that could be useful? Like I assume that i would start the veg stage at 18 hours of light a day, then when they get a certain size I'll reduce it to 12 hours of light a day. But in the flowering stage, should i try and use mylar, or try to add more fluorescents?

Last, how much bud do you think i can get from 1 crop using just the fluorescent lights, in about 2x5 feet of closet space?

Any comments will be greatly appriciated, this is my first time in this forum, hopefully it will guide me in the right direction toward fat stongs buds =)

:welcome: To MP Jzo, Can't help ya on the hydro thing as I'm a soil guy myself but I'm sure if you post your questions in the Hydroponic section of this site you'll get the help you need! As far as using CFL's for your whole grow until recently I would of said no its impossible but in the last few months I watch a fellow member named MentalPatient grow incredible buds using CFL's only, actually if you look at the top of the home page thats his Bud pic "White Berry"! So if I were you I would go to the Grow Journal Section and look up his thread you'll get all sorts of good info there! Again welcome and goodluck with your future grows!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

ok thanks alot! ya ive been doin a bit of research and i think i might actually be able to do it all with CFL's. If so, i'll try some good old seeds i got, and if that works out, i might actually try to buy some online :)

Hello Jzoboyle :)

Its always best to start your growing experience with saved bag seed.

Growing MJ is not as easy as it looks, people say 'its only a weed', but this weed needs special care to give its fruit up ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Lots and lots of help here when needed, be assured you will need it :aok:

:peace:

I wld try a simple bag seed grow in soil first just to get your feet wet and save on cost...Hydro growing can be very touchy and things can go south quick if you don't keep your ph in check and keep your nutes in range...with soil growing the soil is kinda of a bumper on a car...it can absorb any small mistakes you make... also with hydro is added costs for things you will need like a good ph meter and a ppm meter... As for lighting MentalPatient is a perfect example of how well you can grow great bud using only CFL's...

hello and welcome to MP

yes you can complete a grow with flos ,,no idead how much you will yeild tho ,,,goodluck :peace:

Latest posts

Back