Screwdriver's White Widow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn dude .. good looking plants ...i wish i can grow like that...my friggin plants dried out :(

Hello Brothers, thanks for stopping in.
kriz1199, the best way I found to keep them from drying out is to water.:D .
Try and try again. Thinking you can is better than wishing.:p

This is my first White Widow male. He is 11 days into flower and showing more balls. He's with my girls right now and I'm looking for a better home. I see him as a little stretchy and hope that is because of the bad placement under light. He has all ready grown past the light twice and has stretched far more than the female. I cut off the eight lower node sites to give me just four sites at the top. I still have him in the small red container and growing straight up. It looks like it would be fun to LST a male or leave him go full term.
DSCN4553.JPG

At 11 days of flower and I still only have two preflowers. Atleast no balls found yet. I also took one cutting of her and is doing fine as far as I can tell. I'm hoping in another two weeks to get them under the HPS.
DSCN4554.JPGDSCN4555.JPG

I need more space!

Beautiful plants. i am also using cfs light and mine dont seem to be progressing as fast as yours. Of the five, the largest is only eight inches. it is very compact and i beleive i saw the first preflower today on it. how far from the light do your plants sit? Beautiful plants, cant wait to see them flower for you.

tcbud, I only use CFLs to propagate or occasionally supplement my flower chamber. I veg under a 70 MH then move to a 150 HPS for flower. I would attribute the difference in look to different growing style and for size....I dont know why my girls grew so fast compared to past it has also surprised me. The male showed first, but the female didn't show until the 9th node. I forget how many days till showed, but its up there if you count the days. I try to get about three inches, but thats only a small bud everything else gets alot further away. This grow I am backup due to timing and huge overgrow so started flowering under the 70MH. Huge overgrow? :giggle: 4 plants compared to one or two.
DSCN4566.JPG

I was looking at my girls and one guy last night right as the light came on and saw one of the balls opening. :woohoo:
Then I thought :holysheep: I got to get him out of here.
So I moved him under my CFLs where I have the timer at 24/0. Now I just have to remember to move him into a dark area.

My cutting wasn't doing very good so quickly got another. Not everything in my eden works. Crossing fingers.
DSCN4575.JPG

Here's my stretchy white widower and a little bit of pollen. I took him out of my girls room and put him in the shower with a CFL. Every morning I watch the flowers begin to open and I beat him on some glass. Don't know how long it will last. My methods appear to be pretty crude compared to others. I have to sit down and look at the timing of my BBxNL to see when to introduce the two.
DSCN4587.JPGDSCN4577.JPG

These are my cuttings. I need to pick out a name for them. The one on the right I thought to be dead so I ripped the pellet in half. What did I see, but a root looking back at me. I quickly bundled it up and put back before anybody noticed. That was a couple of days ago. Now you can see two itty bitty roots sticking thru the mesh. The other is still just there.
DSCN4580.JPG

And the mother widow 17 days into flower (I think). I'll give her another ten days before I'll give her some pollen from my BBxNL. The pollen will be about 10 months old at that point. This is the best part of growing. When you just begin to get buddage. You know your flowering now you can start to things happen.
DSCN4581.JPGDSCN4582.JPG

Great going, what did you do to collect the pollen??? I want to do that also on my next grow. I wont need to buy seeds for a while if i make my own. Im gonna do a few cross breeding aswell. Keep up the good work. Happy growing

Thanks BluntFullOfKush. My method is very crude compared to how "it is suposed to be done". So...clean a piece of glass and get my credit card out. I hold the glass under him like picture then tip him over the glass and spank him. This time I think half the pollen missed the glass and half the pollen I inhaled. The rest of it landed on the glass with a few bananas. Separate and pile. Put in vial. With a piece of silica. This was the third morning I did that.
DSCN4591.JPGDSCN4592.JPGDSCN4594.JPGDSCN4601.JPG

I do this in the morning hour....That's when I see the pods opening the most. They open all day though. As for storage....They sit in a box in the bottom drawer of my extra desk that rarely gets opened and the temp is fairly constant.
Maybe none of this will work, but I'm having fun while it lasts. Can't wait to use it in a week or so.

Next in line is my soil. This is what I have at my disposal.
DSCN4588.JPG
I am putting two TBSP of Lime, 2 tsp of blood, bone and epsom plus. Throw in some mycorrhizal fungi and a little water with some molasses and liquid iron. A little perlite to make it look pretty.

The ugly cutting showed some roots out of the mesh so I planted her and naming her, Esther.
DSCN4590.JPG

Esther is doing good. A little hot the cabinet where she is currently and under a CFL.
DSCN4633.JPG
Here's the mother in flower for about 23 days.
DSCN4628.JPGDSCN4621.JPG

So I decided to introduce her to some pollen. I only did a couple of sites and hope to get twenty or so seeds from each cross. The white tie wrap is where I put WW pollen and the pink tie wrap is my BB x NL pollen from 10/06. I just dip a qtip in pollen very little is needed and then as I put it on the bud I make a buzzing noise to fool the plant into thinking a bee is doing it. :hubba:
DSCN4631.JPGDSCN4632.JPG
I guess you can't see the pink tie wrap so just image it wrapped around another branch.

Here is Esther. The one on the right came back from the dead. I'll begin to help her again. I know I've been abusing her, but we are almost back in the real veg chamber.
DSCN4650.JPG
This is my White Widow mother in flower for 27 days.
DSCN4644.JPG
Here is where I pollenated.
DSCN4648.JPGDSCN4649.JPG
You can see the hairs turning with the new WW x WW, but the BB x NL pollenated bud the hairs haven't turned (pink tie wrap). This makes it about 10 months old. I redid the bud with a more visible amount of pollen on q-tip.

Everything is looking great SD. Making crosses sure is fun huh? I need a male right now, hope something shows balls soon:).

Someday I would like to be able to focus on a nice male. Please, I know. A nice tight internode and a huge, fat bud at the top. A little more concentration and putting him under HPS. I think it would be a healthier plant and not stressing under a weak CFL and the pollen would probably be more viable.
Its all good in the end, but I wouldn't smoke a male thats gross.

Just got Esther into her new digs. I trimmed all of the heat abuse from her to make her presentable. She has another 30 days to flourish in veg.
DSCN4675.JPG
A nice little bud shot of the mother white widow, the mother in flower for 33 days.
DSCN4670.JPGDSCN4671.JPG
And I got new seeds on the way. WW x WW :hubba:
DSCN4672.JPG
The other cross I tried with my old BB x NL pollen did come out nearly this obvious, maybe got a couple seeds only.

The next generation, Esther, is coming along nicely. Top dressed with blood, bone, E plus, lime. Put on some clear zyme. Its for ponds, but its beneficial bacteria used to break down organic material. That's what I want to do.
DSCN4681.JPG

The mother, in for 38 days. I forgot to mention she smells of pumpkin.
DSCN4684.JPG

The WW x WW 16 days after conception or whatever its called.
DSCN4688.JPG

Here's a bud shot.
showthread.php

I couldn't figure out how to get just the pic from there to here. Sorry.

Hello Brother. Maybe I was impaired earlier, but as I moved her bud I got this strong image of a pumpkin with top cut off and I'm smelling it. I still laugh when I think about it. It felt so real.
Her seeds are beginning to show. I got sloppy and the bud site just below looks like theres a couple seeds. The 10 month old pollen from BB x NL doesn't look like it gave me very many seeds if any.

Quick update.

Esther
DSCN4722.JPGDSCN4723.JPG
DSCN4724.JPGDSCN4725.JPG

And the new cuttings I'll call, Ruth.
DSCN4726.JPG

Latest posts

Back