Screwdriver's White Widow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is looking good, SD. Ruth looks beautiful, hope she does well in her new home w/the new soil. Keep us posted on her progress.

DSCN5115.JPGDSCN5116.JPG

I see some edges yellowing.:eek:

Hey SD, Love your ghetto bud dryer!! Way to use what you've got!

Thanks for the comparisons re: the different cures...what is your opinion of the water cure, would you do it again?

As for lil' Ruthie, is that some nute burn going on there?

lookin great screwdriver hope all remains well,,,happy growin
tomtom

Hello Rd, yes I think it may be a little burnt (and may continue). You can burn using organics. There is a big difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon when you work with gallon pots. I added a TBSP on cottonseed meal. Maybe that put her over the edge. Then again, I reuse soil so who knows what was in there? We'll see if she can weather the storm.
My water cure had the worst after taste, but no odor. Try and try again. I think the sweat cure will be the best over all to mellow the flavor and the odor. Just went too long with my initial test. Thats the next project. I have to weather the storm from taking the wife's tupperware for my "projects". I have to ease into taking the cooler and drilling holes in it before she says I can't take it.

Thanks tom-tom, been watching your grows also good luck on your hydro grow.

Hello Rd, yes I think it may be a little burnt (and may continue). You can burn using organics. There is a big difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon when you work with gallon pots. I added a TBSP on cottonseed meal. Maybe that put her over the edge. Then again, I reuse soil so who knows what was in there? We'll see if she can weather the storm.
My water cure had the worst after taste, but no odor. Try and try again. I think the sweat cure will be the best over all to mellow the flavor and the odor. Just went too long with my initial test. Thats the next project. I have to weather the storm from taking the wife's tupperware for my "projects". I have to ease into taking the cooler and drilling holes in it before she says I can't take it.
Well, SD, ruthie has weathered a lot...and I understand about the organics usage, but would it do any good to flush her anyway? Or maybe re-pot her with 1/2 the soil she is in and adding some w/out the cottonseed meal added? :confused2: Just a couple of thoughts... ;) would be a shame to lose her after all this...:)

:rofl: I can relate to your wife's dislike of you using her tupperware...it's expensive stuff. But, you know...you could actually go to Wally World (or a Thrift store!!) and get some inexpensive Rubbermaid food containers, lots of sizes...nice and airtight...and even a cooler of your own...:D That way you won't have to weather any storms...and your dear wife won't get upset since you will no longer be using her expensive Tupperware for your projects... something to consider...I can remember the days when my hubby used to use my tupperware to store his automotive stuff in them...he braved similar storms, til we finally came to an understanding...!! ;)

As for the cure, I've been doing a lot of reading re: curing, I want to do a better job of it with my next grow; Lots of different opinions...I like to read them all, and take what sounds right to me...but I do like the idea of the sweat cure...

Do I hear a voice of reason? I know, I know.

Flushing may work and I did what I call a lazy flush by letting the excess run thru but know where near the gallons of water that is recommended for "flushing".
Re-potting is probably the best alternative even with a little bit of shock she would go thru. Remember, I don't know what's in the soil so it could still be burning her and I think we will still have more damage.
In some form i think she will survive. So my plan B is to sacrifice her to my new cloner.
Enough of that negative vibe I still think she can do it. We got alot of time for her to recover.

My point of view on the tupperware was....We can afford to buy new tupperware, The some containers have stress cracks that form in the bottom of the acrylic, some are slightly melted from spaghetti sauce, the lid groove is crushed so it is very difficult to put on. It has reached the end of its intended use lifetime, on to better ideas. I get the impression she doesn't like my "projects" I create in the basement. She has never been upset with me for taking them for my automotive projects in the garage because she knew she could get new ones.
13+ years of storms we are still afloat.:woohoo:
She did give me the other container I needed.
The cooler.....I know I have to sweet talk on that one. Yes, we can afford a new one. To justify for a basement project? I'm still hopeful.
I really wish someone would try the cooler sweat. It was so :hairpull: easy.

LOL...Sounds like you know what you're doing, SD!! ;) Hey, and 13 years....Alright!!! :D You guys are doing good! Keep it going...hubby and I are on our 26th!!

Okay, re: the cooler sweat...I remember reading something about it...and I won't be needing it for awhile, but I would be interested in checking it out again...if you have a link send it along or I can probably find it on a search, too.

Rd, This is my cooler sweat thread. I am redesigning and trying again in about 20 days with my master kush.

Ruth doesn't seem too unhappy. The worst looking leaf has a purple hue now. Went from yellow to dark purple.

DSCN5139.JPGDSCN5140.JPG

Thats a new one to me, wow, purple leafs. I aint sure about that one. Other than that, thats one pretty lady.

HEY MAN VERY NICE LADY I THINK I KNW WAT YOUR PROBLEM IS A GOT A TABLE THA GIVES SYMTOMS AND CURES FOR MJ PLANTS AND IT SAYS IF YOUR LEAVES TURN PURPLE LIKE THAT YOU GOT A PHOSPHOROUS DEFICIENCY:hubba:
TO STOP THIS ADD SOME COMMERCIAL PHOSPHATE TO THAT LADY AND IM SURE ITLL BE OKAY
I GIVE YOU 2 MRGREENIE THUMS UP FOR HER THO

:D HOPE TO HELP MAN:D

Thanks SD, very interesting thread on cooler sweat process...nice work!

Yep, looks like lil Ruthie is hangin' in...!! :D

MG, I added some bone and triple phosphate when I transplanted her. Don't know if that is enough.

I know I didn't let it sit for a spell, with nutrients added, in my buckets before using. Since this is soil its like watching a slow motion wreck. Really doesn't look too burned or deficient. I'm still thinking positive about her.

DSCN5141.JPGDSCN5144.JPG

Here's the latest.....I just tied her down a little more. She is filling in nicely and will be ready to flower once I have the room in the flower cabinet.

DSCN5283.JPGDSCN5284.JPG

very nice:D never seen a leaf turn purple before what caused that? i like how bushy she is getting great job

Hello Stickey_Budz, I don't know what caused it other than it just happen to be the shading before a yellow dieing leaf turns brown. Its brown now where it used to be purple. I also think the camera flash brought out more of the purple hue, but it was a purple leaf without the flash.

Thanks Rd.
Here she is.... still growing. Got no place to flower her. :fid:

DSCN5357.JPGDSCN5358.JPG

Hey SD, she looks lovely!! And when you do have a place to flower her...she is gonna do you right!!! ;)

Ruth is now 3 months old and still growing like mad. I'm going to take more cuttings from her soon. she is about 150mm in height. I could pull her down more, but I have plenty of height just no width. She is about 400mm in width and the cabinet she's in isn't much wider.
DSCN5439.JPGDSCN5440.JPG

Latest posts

Back