Screwdriver's White Widow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good. LST is going to get you some great budsites on that WW. I want to see her nice and frosty.

Good luck.

Thanks PB.

I think I'm going to take a bunch of cuttings from her and send them straight to flower. Maybe i shouldn't decide tonight.:watchplant:

Here she is in her home, all tied down and under a small little 70w MH.
DSCN5516.JPG

screwdriver said:
Thanks PB.

I think I'm going to take a bunch of cuttings from her and send them straight to flower. Maybe i shouldn't decide tonight.:watchplant:

Here she is in her home, all tied down and under a small little 70w MH.
View attachment 44288

Still looking good, SD! Nice to see her in her home. How many cuttings do you have room for in your space?

Hello Rd, glad to see you.

DSCN5599.JPGBefore

DSCN5603.JPGAfter

DSCN5606.JPG I took ten cuttings of of her, but I only have room for nine in my cloning computer. I put the tenth cutting in the veg cabinet next to Ruth. I'm going to put them in one of my flowering pots after they root and send them straight to flower. That's saying I can get roots. My bubbler attempt was a dismal failure. I guess I am a dirty boy and will stick with peat pellets.

Wow SD that is one healthy bush ya got growing. :aok: Gonna look real nice when she starts budding and getting loaded with those crystals we all love. :hubba: Your doing a great job mang keep it up. ;)

I went back in time and found the first pick of my Ruth. She is the one on the left. That was back on September 08, 2007. After about four and a half months I'm thinking of chopping her back to tame her until I can flower her. That's growing pains.
baby ruth.JPGDSCN5645.JPG

Still waiting for all my cuttings to show any roots. 6 of 10 standing healthy. The other four are just small and droopy. They're still green which is good.
DSCN5646.JPG

ooo nice clones, i like your clone chamber too, very nize i might add :) when ya think you going to flower ol ruth

Here's the size of Ruth, huge. (for my cabinet);) For now, I'm not going to flower her and will just keep her at 20/4. Its rare for me to get a girl this large and I've wanted to do a couple mini grows before moving on.
DSCN5661.JPGDSCN5662.JPG

Here's the ten clones. I thought this was a good idea, but the cuttings really don't look like they are that healthy. I went ahead and transplanted them into my soil container. Six of the ten really look like they should make it. Just for fun I split the container soil. Half my soil mix and half some expensive fox farm ocean stuff. I want to see what kind of difference there would be and only have room for one more container. I added some perlite to both soils. Both have some nutrients and I'll top dress throughout.
The first difference I noticed was EFFOS has alot more peat.
Straight to 12/12 and we'll see who can survive to provide.
DSCN5660.JPG

wow, screw... that little lady, Ruth, is one nice looking plant. very nice job at keeping her low yet still obtaining tremendous growth. eager to see the budding.

nice work, man :aok:

Thanks for stopping by TCVG. She's growing faster than I can cut her. I think its my love that makes her grow so fast.

So I took eight more cuttings from her and put in my cloner. She gave me another six a couple days after and will take a couple more soon.
DSCN5678.JPG

Here's Ruth a couple days ago. I top dressed her with a mounding teaspoon of cottonseed meal, bone meal, epsom plus and lime. I also try to mist her often and put a finger dab of fish fert in the mister.
DSCN5679.JPG

The newest generation in almost five months. They still don't look the healthiest but, it looks like eight will make it. The others are still green. Still misting and I squirt a stream of water around the perimeter of the container then put the dome on.
DSCN5681.JPG

Even though I didn't plan Ruth to grow for this purpose, one style I considered growing was keeping a mother (as Ruth appears to be) then take perpetual cuttings with ten in each container and I can fit three in my cabinet. I could take ten cuttings from her every three weeks and flower for a perpetual harvest. I think that style is called something. I would only have one type of weed so it would have to be a real good girl. Ruth, while I do love her, is not what I am looking for. Its just nice to give it try while I got a girl willing.:hubba:

Everything is looking great screwdriver. Once them clones get a nice rootball they will take right off on ya. As always mang your doing a great job. ;)

hey screwdriver
great job with the LST made the plant nice n bushy;)

Looking great, keep it up!

How much longer are you going to veg mamma? (You probably already posted it in here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go back and read. :) )

Will you need to re-pot her?

Thanks TBG. I think this is the worst part. Waiting for roots.
Thanks for stopping by SALT and sara. I don't normally like getting her this big but, not everything works out like I imagine.
BenD, no worries. I probably change my mind on a whim.

I think my plan is to put her into a 5 gal bucket and flower her in another 3 weeks. Don't have the room until then. I think I can fit a bucket and one of my planters in my cabinet. I have a square kitty litter pale that might fit also. I'll be waiting on a skunk #1 cutting to finish before I can do anything with Ruth. Well, I am cutting her back by taking some cuttings for the next generation. I am preparing the soil for her in the bucket thread.

Here are some cuttings that I am waiting on.
DSCN5697.JPG

Ruth is one fine lady SD,and those clones will come along just fine man-cool set-up there dude.
great growing.

Mutt, thanks for peeking in and the +.

shuggy4105, the cuttings are looking stronger. Thanks

The cuttings. Just hiding in a computer.
DSCN5713.JPG

The first set of cuttings. The one large cutting was rooted in a separate area and apparently doing better. I'm leaving the dome off and will let the strong survive.
DSCN5710.JPG

Ruth doesn't want to wait for me. You can't tell from the pictures but, it looks to me that she has a thicker canopy. I assume its from all the cuttings I've been taking spurring a little activity in the middle of the canopy. Still in holding pattern.
DSCN5709.JPG

Whats up screwdriver. How them cuttings doing? Getting any roots yet? Didi i mention everything is looking great. :aok:

Hello TBG, the cuttings are doing bad. There still green, but have taken apart some to see and found nothing.

I gave up on my project with my other cuttings. Only one survived. This is the one I set alone under the veg cabinet. The roots on that one were to the bottom when I dug her up. I put her in a 4" pot and will keep her to flower. Since she has roots and there are more of Ruth's cuttings I'll name this series Jezebel. Jezebel appears to be green, but she has no roots. I just don't trust her.

DSCN5740.JPGDSCN5738.JPG

I transplanted Ruth in a square container. I drilled a bunch of drain holes in the bottom because I know I would over water.

DSCN5724.JPGDSCN5725.JPG

A picture of Ruth on her first night of 12/12. The second picture is her first 12 hours of light. The top of her is about 180cm from light, but still got zapped on a couple of leaves. We'll see if she can weather the storm of light. If she burns more I'll retreat and move her lower.
DSCN5726.JPGDSCN5739.JPG

Latest posts

Back