first time closet grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
hey everybody! Im startin grow room in my closet and my concern is with circulation. I was wondering if the 1 inch crack in the bottom of the door is sufficcient for my 2x4 growing area as long as i have computer fans inside blowing

hemp319 said:
hey everybody! Im startin grow room in my closet and my concern is with circulation. I was wondering if the 1 inch crack in the bottom of the door is sufficcient for my 2x4 growing area as long as i have computer fans inside blowing

Hey hemy,
the crack could b 2 concerns
1 when flowering u dont want ANY LIGHT OF ANYKIND OF DISSRUPTING SLEEP MODE!!!Verry imp because that is 1 way of your girls or all to go hermi on u.
2 also u dont want anything that doesnt belong ie insects and you'll have to deal with smell at some point. Hope this helps:get some weather striping for doors and mount on inside. Get at laest4 inch (so u dont have to go back to the store) and problem solved!!!
SoFlnightlight

Hello Hemp :)

hemp319 said:

The gap will be fine as an air in-take, you will also need an air out-take, that will need to be higher than the in-take to take stale air out that will be heated with your lights and will need to be removed.

When you go into flower you will need total and utter darkness during the lights off stage, so you will have to fix the 1 inch gap, but for now its fine :)

How tall is your 2x4?

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

Welcome to MP, here you can get lots of advise on setting up a closet grow. Just remember we like to see lots of pictures.

Good luck
MCM

I too am growing in my closet. My question is how do you kill the smell of the exhaust flow when its being piped out to the outside world?

Use a carbon scrubber, you can buy one off the web at a hydro store or you can build one, look in the DIY sections. This is the best way to eliminate the odor.

Good luck
MCM

my closet is alittle over 5 ft to the hanging pole. There is a shelf directly above and an additional 4 ft up from there. Of course the grow space only consists of the space below the shelf

thanks Smkingmom, I was surfing diff web sites and there seems to be more info here! Haha yes I guess I finally came out of the closet IE my grow closet Lol! I'll try to help antbody that needs it been at it scince 95, but never cloned/crossbred or any technics till 5 yrs ago. Thebes nothing more interesting than a plant. So much is left to figure out that is where I am always trying somthing new.sorry for the typingvbutvright now i am on my i phone the touch screen sucks with my sausage fingers.

ANBULOD

thanks Smkingmom, I was surfing diff web sites and there seems to be more info here! Haha yes I guess I finally came out of the closet IE my grow closet Lol! I'll try to help antbody that needs it been at it scince 95, but never cloned/crossbred or any technics till 5 yrs ago. Thebes nothing more interesting than a plant. So much is left to figure out that is where I am always trying somthing new.sorry for the typingvbutvright now i am on my i phone the touch screen sucks with my sausage fingers.

ANBULOD

is these dead already?well I'm growing lemos skunk fromGreenhouse at the moment DWC hydro on 2bubblebuckets I made and there growing 4inches a day. The big flower stretch. Bud from the tank to the allmighty colas. Anybody ever try growing DWC? If so I can't believe how fast growth is!!!started seed directly to 12/12??!!! No veg no topping nothing. Just finding what they like to drink and that's it !!

Hi hemp...welcome! thats a tall closet!! Get a grow journal up and show us all what you got so far :)

I have 2 waterfarms and another on the way. Not a whole lot of room for the third but Im praying for good space. In the upper left is my 4" exhaust and carbon filter. I haven't cut the blow hole yet. Plan is to blow hot air through to the next room. I thought a good idea for air intake might be to cut a hole at the bottom of the door and place this fan. Im lining the wall with mylar, hydroton is my medium and im getting a 400w light. here are a few pics..

Photo_012109_001.jpg

Photo_012109_002.jpg

Photo_012109_005.jpg

hey Hemp319 that's a good amount of space u got there. Good idea of uxhaust up top and intake down below. My buddy has a waterfarm and always gets good results. Are u planning to top/let/train main stem bent over? I grow in DWC which is basicly the same as a waterfarm. The 400 u plan on getting is it hps? A good idea is to get it air cooled because u already have the fan and holes in correct position. Just a thought to help with heat. Also with waterfarm u can grow some monsters, just get the nutes right and you will b off to the races. Good luck!!

SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

What is top/let/train main stem bent over? I've heard of tying down the stem once the plant starts to run out of vertical space. Hopefully I'll have the room for that. From what I've read vegging under metal halide then flowering under hps offers the best results.

Hey Hempy your correct on the veg- mh flow- hps. Topping is when at the third or second set of leaves are out the growth( or next set of leaves are showing or pushing upward grab a set of tweezers or u can use your fingers)pinch the new growth and remove. That will cause the plant to have 2 main growing stalks. If vertical space is a prob then you can top again after 2more sets of leaves. That will give you 4 main growing stalks. At this young age you can train them to grow verticly by tying down the stalks to your pot. Just drill or poke holes around the top of your planter get some string and bend the stalk over and gently tie them down. MAKE SURE U DONT TIE TOO TIGHT BECAUSE YOUR PLANT NEEDS ROOM TO GROW!) this will create multiple tops reaching for the light! Now during veg with those seeds u don't want to veg for too long if your planning to grow 2 more. When u switch to flower they will b at least or more bigger than the end of veg! And 1 more thing when in flower any lower branches that don't get light clip them off so the plant puts its energy into the colas that r soaking up all the light. You can prune ( I reccomend with afgani) some of the fan leaves that r blocking light to bud sites. Those girls when grown right can put out a very potent, high yeild!! Good luck Hempy!!

SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM

Hey Hempy,just wondering if u got your other Waterfarm yet,and have gotten them bubbleing? have u gotten your area setup and just waiting for your beans? Thats the hard part for me,is waiting for the beans to come!!haha.
SMOKEMIF U GOTTEM!!

SoFlnightlight said:
I grow in DWC which is basicly the same as a waterfarm.

SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

The waterfarm is not really a DWC system at all its a drip system.
The waterfarm uses no airstones like DWC.
Also the roots grow in a medium of hydroton and are not hanging in the nutes like DWC.

Both are great system but very different.

Latest posts

Back