first time closet grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only thing i would add is an oscilating fan, to make your stems good and strong , also it will significantly help keep temps down

There's little left to do outside waiting for my beans to arrive. All I really need to do is get a light to hang. And for the outside of the door Im going to put a vent cover over the fanhole. Im abit concerned with all the power usage coming from the grow room though( 3 air pumps, light and ballast, exhaust fan, intake fan) I might even need a small oscillating fan granted I have the space

Photo_013109_009.jpg

Photo_013109_007.jpg

hey growdude, your right the only diff is the airstones. They both have feeder tubes and both hydroten, and start in rockwool cubes. I have more of a passive DWC system. My tubs and buckets r all linked together and every hour they all drain into a RES for 5 min. I've found out that when I used to drain and change the nutes by hand the girls would have a big growth spurt. I guess its a combo system dwc/ flood a drain. I didn't go into details.HEMPY HOW R U MAKEING OUT??? Just wondering if u gotten started up yet??Good luck and HAPPY GROWING!!
SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

hi new here . when do i swap flourescent bulb to sodium bulb. ive grown from seed and they are now about 3-4 inches high and an average of about 10 leaves .also when do the leaves start to look like proper leaves i know its a stupid quetion but if you dont ask you dont know rite .

jasonscruff, do u have metal halide or just hps? What wattage do u have. Why I'm asking is because too much heat might b a prob for u at this stage. Did I read correctly 3 inches tall 10 leaves? U can switch now but have a fan blowing on the plants and also under your light. U don't want standing heat. The fan blowing on the plants will sturdy up the main stalk. Also do u have a inlet and outlet?? Now Is a good time to top the plant if u wish to to have more than one main stalk!! R u growing in soil or hydro?? Just trying to c where u r at in the blessfull journey. Also what do u have growing!!!???
SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

hempy, if u could keep Yuit ballast outside the room eu under the door or put put up top where u r extracting air. That will help keep the room a little cooler ie RES temps cooler. Brushybill has a excellent point u DEF NEED A OSCILLATING FAN FOR sturdy stalks and no standing hot pockets!! Good luck!!
SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

Hempy this is the worst time waiting for your beans! U mentioned all u got to do is hang a light. What do u have or getting?? Everything looks like your dialed in and gonna have sum fun!! Good choice in getting the scrubber now vs later you will need it. You have a good looking setup bro. Hope u get what u need soon and start up the farms. A dollar spent is $$ earned in 3 months!! LOL good luck.
SMOKEM IF U GOTTEM!!

i planted from seed in hydroton yesterday using the cubes. I checked the ph on each pot and adjusted it accordingly. 24 hrs later the ph jumped from just under 6 to over 11. Is that normal? I use ph up and ph down to adjust but at that rate I might be out of a bottle in 2 days. Also more importantly, My ballast isnt working. I'lll be going to the store tomorrow to get it fixed or replaced. I started germinating a few more just in case. My question is do my seeds stand a chance being as though they have been without light??

hemp I know its been a while I hope u put your sprouts under some kind of light the day your ballast wasent working!!!!
edit: yes your seeds will b fine I thought u had sprouts already!!!!!

Here is my plants at 5 days old. They seem healthy but showing little progression. I havent began nutes as of yet. I put alittle superthrive in the reservoir to aid with rooting.

Photo_022709_001.jpg

Photo_022709_002.jpg

hey bro, your fine. Did u get your ballast fixed? CHECK YOUR PM BOX I RETURNED BACK TO YA. YOU should not not introduce nutes untill at least your 3 rd set of leafs being at ONLY 1/8-1/4 streanth !!! Very imp dont burn those roots. Put in a osilsting fan even if its just a small one 4 now you can also mount 1 on the wall the sooner the stronger and faster your plants will grow it simulates mother nature thats what we strive to do indoors. Glad to c u hve sprouts bet that put a smile on your face. Layer bro

SmokinMom said:
Glad to hear you're coming outta the closet. :D (sorry, couldn't refuse, lol)

Welcome to the group.

I could've swore he said he was going "in" the closet......;)

I actually had to get a replacement ballast. Im currently using an Agrosun bulb. Its an mh/hps combination bulb. Its supposed to work very well. And NO NUTES yet. A small dose of Superthrive and a rooting agent is all thats in the reservoir. Im gonna be using Flora series for nutes. They say 1/4 tsp per gallon for seedlings. 1/4 of that??

hempy thats a great bulb. On the nutes go easy. I've never used the flora 3 part but if it says 1/4 for seedlings I would half that just to b on the safe side. U can always add more but u can never take back and u def dont want that. The superthrive I use its great how r your roots looking? Pretty soon your gona have a rats nest in there lol. Just dont over do the nutes I use advanced and start off with half of there recomendings to b safe. I look at it like toothpaste once u skweeze the tube thats what u got just go easy and c how they respond to em.

I'm not able to see roots through the medium but the stems are sturdy. I have a third seed that didn't make it from before. as soon as it germ I'm gonna put it in the 3rd pot. it will be a couple weeks behind the other two but I'm guessing it'll be ok.

hemp how r u makeing out. By now u should have at least 5 bladed leafs did u finish constructing the closet?? With your shelf when time is ready makeing sure u hve a girl lightproff up there and get a cloner going with cuttings and you will have a place for a mother cloner and veg space all female. Go to the DIY forums and check out homemade ezcloners. That will give u a big jump for your next go around no more waiting. Start your own perpetual with the height u have u could easily do it. Just givein u a heads up so u don't hve to shell any more $$ for beans. You could also if u have a male growing collect the pollen and give a girl some and stick it up top and grow it out and get a thousand beans. I prefer cloning but its just a suggesting for u man. B-kool get some PICTURES UP so we can c what's up and look at something worth looking at lol!!

Here they are after 3 weeks. The one looks real bad. leaves are are small and brown and withered. The other one looks good but as u can see it only has 3 blades on the leaves. I just started nutes at less than 1/2 strength. Is my plant a goner? What can I do??

Photo_031509_002.jpg

Photo_031509_001.jpg

hempy have u changed the Rex and added new nutes ? Change it out take ph ppm levels. Replace Rez nutes adjust nutes take readings and check next 2 days. That way u will c how if there drinking.

Hempy what up? Cing what is up wit ure girls particurly the stunted 1. Haven't heard from ya In a few. Everything still going, any new good updates?? Post bro. Send a pm if ya want. Did u get the ppm readings and c how much they r using of nutes that your givein em?? Hope all is well bro b- cool!! Hit us all back with whats up!!

here iit is at 4 1/2 weeks. Im not sure if its ready to
top/let/train yet. I thought about letting it reach 8" before I touch it. And also not sure if I cut all the way down to the node or do I leave alittle there. It wasn't til I switched light from 22/24 to 18/6 and multipled dosage that I noticed the most change.

Photo_032909_001.jpg

Photo_032509_003.jpg

hey h sent u a pm. Top those now! Just pinch the new growth at top. Use a set of tweezers to get at it if u can't with your fingers. Spread the last set apart with your fingers and pinch out the new growth u see. Within 4-8 days u will see 2 new stalks with 2 new growing from that node. When u get 2 sets of leafs on those then u can top those if u wish. U r creating new tops for the best bud of the plant colas! With your strain they grow short so creating more tops u will get more of the grade A bud vs the popcorn at the bottom. Also after u have topped your last time let them produce the 2 new stalks and bend them over 90 degrees and tie them to your farm or make something to tie to this will give the budsites on the lower part of the stalks more light! Good luck bro.

Latest posts

Back