Whats up 1st timer here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stgrowguy

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. i joined this site because the people here seemed to be the most accurate info. I will be posting my 1st grow shortly. i am 5 weeks into my grow. if anyone can help on where i should post let me know. thanks

You've found the right place.

:joint: :joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!! :joint: :joint:

Gb

:welcome: :48:
We got a grow journal section fella.
There a good way to keep track of your grow and use as a reference in future.
I'll keep an eye out :)

:48: :bolt:

Newbud said:
:welcome: :48: .
There a good way to keep track of your grow and use as a reference in future.

:yeahthat:

If you dont love this site already, you will soon ! The people and info are the very best, a good place to start- you just have to like reading. I spent almost five hours a day for a week straight just reading and taking notes ( Notes help if you suffer from short term memory loss ), not that anyone here would have such a problem. :hubba: Lots of luck !!

has anyone ever used an flood and drain and put 4x4 cubes into slabs once the roots have shown. I wanna know how it worked because i have never done this and it was recommended by a friend. I have 40 plants approx. 2feet tall smallest being 1ft in 4x4 rockwool cubes and have put the cubes into the slabs 4 per slab. the slabs are 3ft x 8in. Do i change how i feed? btw the clones are 4 weeks old and i am using 2 600w hps.

No man i havn't but as far as the lighting how big is the grow area? Is it all enclosed? 2 600w HPS's for 40 plants, and 2 ft tall???
At a glance it doesnt sound like there's enough light.
2 600's would cover about a 6 x 6 ft area to give you a reference.
Do you know that you should have 5000 lumens per sq ft?
I only ask because i know that if i vegged for 4 weeks which i have done and longer, the plants get huge and there no way i could cover 40 with 2 600's.
I use 2 600's over 6 plants

My space is enclosed. I have a friend used the exact same setup and it worked however the yeild was low. The 600s are SHPS not sure if that makes a difference and the plants seem to be getting enough light. i have a extra 1000 SHPS if need be. The lights are also dual spectrum and say 92000 lumens and i have a 6ft x 10ft area. and when i started the veg they were only 1/2 a foot to a foot tall. if i add the 1000w would that be suffecient?

Post away Bud. I only been here short while but this great site has great info.

Welcome

I get a little crazy sometimes. I tend to experiment with the smoke I grow. Its not the smoke make me crazy its the beers that calm me down .

here is what i am working with.....Will upload better pics soon

2009-06-01 20.31.46.jpg

Right 1st things 1st, what strain are they?
Can ya get a closer pic? i'm trying to get an idea of how big they are.
I'm just thinkin if they so close together what you gona do if they are 6 ft each lol
Also a way to make better use of your lights is to have the walls as tight to your grow as poss.
I sectiond of the parts of a room i wanted with wood and white sheeting.

I dont know much about those set ups so i dont know what results you expect to see but i know if i vegged clones in coco to 2ft they'd be monsters when finished

i have 2 strains going... the smaller ones are white widow and the tall lenghthy ones are jucyfruit... the white widow were also cloned 2-3 weeks after the jucyfruit hence the size difference. they have been in veg on 18-6 for 4 1/2 weeks

2009-06-01 21.37.40.jpg

2009-06-01 21.37.34.jpg

2009-06-01 21.36.26.jpg

the 3rd pic on my last post is the widow and the second is juicyfruit

2009-05-31 18.24.27.jpg

2009-05-30 16.09.03.jpg

I dont really know what to say cos i not familier with that style of growing but i think your gona have issues when you flower cos those plants should get pretty big if left un-trained

ok so any ideas on training them? Not sure where to start....My friend grew the same way and his plants did not grow as big however i am using C02 @ 1600 ppm. I can lower the tray as they grow and once they reach around 3ft my friend used nets hung horizontal and put each plant through the holes and that kept the plants pretty sturdy. Oh by the way i am using an Flood and Drain system and i figured the plants would get to be about 5 or 6ft

Latest posts

Back