Newbie.. How Am I Doing?? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTIDHILLY

!PUKKAPENG!
Reaction score
hi, i am a first time grower not new to the product tho :p i did weeks of research and prep before i got the ball rolleing my grow rooms compleatly set up i have all my didgy ph and e.c readers etc a jardin tent and two other lights and ballast dual spectrum lights etc some 250 400 and 600w,i started in coco prof + with all canna coco neuts i purchest my seeds from big buddah, 10 fem big buddah cheese, 5 skunk #1 and a bubble gum i already had :) 14 have sprouted.. how am i doing so far week2.. thnx, hilly

how do i post my pictures i have clicked the paper clip i have 4 pitures that just says please wait but doesnt actualy do anything? cheers

hilly i was having the same problem...try resizing your pics to just under 1000X1000...make sure its jpeg....

if that doesnt work try going to advance post and then manage attachments...sometimes you gotta mess with it and its a pain but eventually you can get it to work if you do it juuuusssssssssst right.

the gallery is gone....

OOOOh Brother...1 plant per pot! Your gonna run into probs later! Click the paper clip right next to the smiley face when you hit the go advanced tab to get pics to show!

MORE INFO...ive done loads ov research befor i even started the room just not had chance get some advice so any help would be massive i have posted a few pics ov my plants from yesterday and ill grab a few ov my room laters i have a full 9x9 room cleaned to a T ive coverd every inch in reflective material i have a jardin 80 grow tent in there i no its small but it will house 4 ov my best when there older.. at the min all 14 babys are in there wilst small enuf to fit the remainder when older will go in the room under another light if any still dont fit they'll go to a friends set up, i have an extractor on top ov tent which connects to ducting then a carbon filter i have a fan which came with the tent blowing thro tent hole.. and a desk top fan on lvl 3 blowing through the door trying keep heat down as like a plonker there under a 600w dual spectrum bulb i leave door adjar on the room to let a draft catch the fans so there no circulateing old warm air etc.. there all on coco plus at min i intend doing 4 at a later stage on a hydo kit (which i havent chosen yet) when i have a lil experiance behind me all my neuts are canna coco.. a and b etc etc i have all that i need and a feeding sheet so they get right doses.. i also have all rockwool jiffys clonex and root it etc for when am a lil further along with a lil more experiance this is my first grow so help would be great thank-you.. open to critsism and advice

going to look quite basic to you but its my first ive got them this far i have just been told 1 plant per pot i just ran out of pots :s ill seperate em asap.. the temp hits 85f at some points maybe a lil higher i keep the fans on them tho so there gettin clear cool air.. the ones closest to fan seem greener maybe even healthyer etc? could this be due to heat? :s sorry still learning just thought would throw that question in there...

Don't use the carbon filter until you need it--it cuts down the cfms of your fan substantially. What size is your exhaust fan? If the fan that came with the tent is an inline duct fan, you would probably be better off not using it at all.

The circulating fans (desk fans) really do little to bring in fresh air. That is accomplished by your exhaust fan pulling through your inlets.

ahh i get you so should i disconnect the filter from the ducting and just let it blow to no where untill there older? so it pulls air straight through the temp when ziped up its not zipd fully at min due to desk fan pokein thro tent door lol? and the little white fan i got with tent just blows air from room in thro one ov holes at bottom side ov tent? so does the desk one.. just puttin a little cold air in but i guess without the carbon filter that will pull it in and thro tent when zipd up?? its a big one on top ov tent i can grab a pic from google ov both to show you? when i pop up to the room later ill grab a few pics ov the whole set up if you want?? thank-you really greatfull for any help or advice etc..

Due to light! Temps are good! Your gonna have to wait fer advice on the others..i grow soil only. /organic nutes. Yuor set up sounds really good! Also wait fer other to chime in with advice.....trust me they will! Although i've been around awhile this will be my first time using an HPS system. I started with CFL's! I'll continue to use them in veg but flower i got the big boy i'll be running very soon! Hope i helped in some way just a few things.......Always one pot per plant! When you transplant the doubles you got now...KID GLOVES! You may run into a few tangled roots....don't panic! Pull them apart as gently as you can trying not to tear any but if you must try and i mean try to keep it to just a few nd then imidiatly into its new home with water and a mist of water on the leaves woldn't hurt. You can mistr em fer a few days just whenever you think about to help with teransplant shock...don't overdoit....bout 2-3 timed a day fer 2- 3 days and keep an eye on her.

the one on the box looks exactly like the exhause on top ov tent leading to my carbon filter ill get the exact name and specs whin i pop to room later to grab pics... n the smaller one connects to bottom side ov then puttin air in tent? n the desktop is pokeing through door addin a lil cooler air... wat your saying is remove the desk top zip up tent remove carbon filter and let the big extractor (pictured) thats on top ov my tent pull air thro tent if that makes sense?? and cheers chef big big help im novice mate but im trying.. ill get there lol new to these forms aswell so ul have bear wid me :) cheers

View attachment untitled.bmp

imagesCAJHLSW2.jpg

Never done a complete grow with coco ... But for first timers soil is very forgiven for mistakes. You have a nice setup ... If you can a cooltube is nice. Other advice is that patiente is a virtue ;)

Good luck

Looks like your well on your way. I have to say, you have a much better start for your first grow than I have with my second. One thing I might suggest is using the correct letter for the word of, not ov. It's very distracting when stoned, if you know what I mean.
Good luck with your grow, I'll be watching for sure.

HTIDHILLY said:
mission acomplished :p

Hello htidhilly... :doh:

Sounds like you've got a good foundation layed out for these little ladies of yours. Your really going to like that secret jardin, very nice little tents.

If you get a chance take a look at the tent growers group lots of good advice and pictures of setups to help you figure out what method will be best for you.

Tent Growers Group

Also I'm currently running a freebie of the Big Buddha Cheese, heads up that it is the stinkiest plant I've grown. Will definitely need a filter for those girls, can't imagine what 10 of them would smell like in flower.

Big Buddha Cheese

Glad to have ya and cant wait to see you strut your stuff.

hi im new here too, but I have some soil experience. With the two plants in one pot, your gonna need a bigger container than the others in realation to height as to incoroporate all of the root mass from two plants. You will need to do one of two things, LST (slowly keep bending the plants away from each other, maybe even tie them down with some twine) or, you will need to prune them in a fashion that they dont grow into each other, which defeats the purpose of two seperate plants, dont get me wrong they can both be productive, as long as they have the light penetration later on and the room for root growth. Check out my third picture here... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=659544#post659544 (its the one beneath Peter Jennings, RIP). If you do look, you will see Im doing exactly the opposite of what Im telling you, the plant in the front there has 2 plants in a really small conatiner, these were small clones vegged for 15 days and then flowered. I know its hard to tell, but I pulled the shorter of the two plants away from the larger (LST) so that both could receive light. If you veg for any period of time and develop alot of side branches this will be harder to do, and you will end up taking up alot of your grow room space in doing so, thats why I suggested pruning, or dont grow them to big and force early flower.

HEY .... cheers evey1 happy with the post's more welcomeing :p im going to seperate the two in one pot today hopefully my bad hehe, iv got to many plants for my set up lol there femanized 2 so :s going to visit my local hydroponics mann today maybe price up a small cfl set up for a friends house... wats you view on cfl?? do they give out heat? do they use much electric? i no nothing about cfls lol all research i done been round the normal hid and ballst??? (i think ) ;P .... cheers

View attachment load1.jpg

View attachment load2.jpg

View attachment load4.jpg

View attachment load5.jpg

and cheers lord am poooping it now about the smell haha :s first set up all teething problems.. iv got a carbon filter its not gr8 though connects to ducting u see comein out top ov tent... but when i ziped tent up list night and removed filter like godess told me it all sucks in like the top sucker to strong for the inlet fan :s my temps are high n am gettin annoyed lol urgh...

vdog said:
hi im new here too, but I have some soil experience. With the two plants in one pot, your gonna need a bigger container than the others in realation to height as to incoroporate all of the root mass from two plants. You will need to do one of two things, LST (slowly keep bending the plants away from each other, maybe even tie them down with some twine) or, you will need to prune them in a fashion that they dont grow into each other, which defeats the purpose of two seperate plants, dont get me wrong they can both be productive, as long as they have the light penetration later on and the room for root growth. Check out my third picture here... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=659544#post659544 (its the one beneath Peter Jennings, RIP). If you do look, you will see Im doing exactly the opposite of what Im telling you, the plant in the front there has 2 plants in a really small conatiner, these were small clones vegged for 15 days and then flowered. I know its hard to tell, but I pulled the shorter of the two plants away from the larger (LST) so that both could receive light. If you veg for any period of time and develop alot of side branches this will be harder to do, and you will end up taking up alot of your grow room space in doing so, thats why I suggested pruning, or dont grow them to big and force early flower.

IMO, growing 2 plants in 1 medium is a bad idea! Roots need space to grow not only downward but sideways as well! Although i have seen it done sevral times with good outcomes i've seen more hermied and eventually one goes dominant and kills the other! Seperate early and have 2 healthy instaed of the hassle of trying and possibly killinbg one or more of your ladies! By transplanting one he can skip all those extra steps and veg normal without having to force anything early to flower.Bad idea!

Latest posts

Back