Your opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saundu

Reaction score
I read in a book a long time ago that you should put some gravel on top of some newspaper in the bottom of your pots to improve drainage. I have done it in the past and I have had mixed results.
Your thoughts?

If your medium is correct you will have good drainage.

Good soil and lots of perlite...yep..

soil needs aeration to maintain healthy roots and myco colony---gravel on the bottom of your pot helps drainage---very important the root ball doesn't sit in a pool of water many diseases will fester and hinder plant growth---one wise dirt farmer here likes the phrase feed the soil not the plant---he is 100% correct---a healthy root system in a healthy well drained soil are the building blocks for a healthy plant---other ways to aerate the soil are with perlite or rice hulls---happy soil makes for a happy plant

Drainage is important. Some containers I put many large holes and it drains fine. Other, store bought, have small holes that get clogged by swollen bits of wet soil. Those, I have used a layer of rock, charcoal, nylon scratch pads not to mention cutting larger holes to give the excess water a place to go. Alot of things will work.

I wouldn't use newspaper in this case as Cannabis likes well drained soil and the news paper may form a water holding barrier.

Latest posts

Back