Recommedations for 1:1 strains and high CBD strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet 4 weeks into flower and the colas are already developing nicely. This certainly is a robust strain.

(Just FYI, the 3 plants on the right are the Continuum. All the others are Lemon OG)

I can't seem to keep the leaves green. I often get some browning of fan leaves near the end but not at 4 weeks. I'm wondering if I should give it a shot of nitrogen. I'm afraid that will mess with the flowering enzymes that are all bubbly right now.

Certainly is a monster. I am going to have to flower the clones real early if I'm going to try to try to fit them all in my little 4x4 flower room.

I need a bigger room. LMAO

View attachment 1-20-18.jpg

I took some sample of the mothers today to run some CBD and THC tests and I was looking at the trics....

Wow, I have never seen trics like this. The heads are so silver it's almost like a mirror.

And, I don't think I am going to have to worry about when to harvest. They are already more than half cloudy and I am seeing more than a few early bird ambers already. We are 4 days away from 7 weeks.

Sure would be nice if they started going amber and I could harvest at 8 weeks.

I was worried about knowing when to harvest. People are saying early but, what is early. Looks like I won't have to worry about it.

I guess that makes sense. Whether the trics have mostly CBD in them or mostly THC in them or more terps and less of that, whatever.... in the end, when it gets ripe, it's probably going to darken up.

So, even if it is a high CBD, I still think it might be right to wait for amber like we always do.

Time will tell. The tiny buds I removed from the bottom for testing look very nice and healthy.

Early is before they turn amber. Amber is the THC beginning to degrade

There more than 20:1 CBD to THC, how much THC were you expecting, lol.

That's my point. I don't expect any. Well, not much.

So, if there's no THC, what is it that's turning amber?

So, is amber a sign of degradation of all the cannabinoids? Not just THC?

My understanding is, THC. It degrades into other cannabinoids which explains the difference in highs the longer you let it go. However, very little has been done with high CBD strains to say with any certainty what happens as you let it go further than just turning amber at 10% vs 60%. But I would expect any THC in such a strain would best be preserved by an early harvest.

So, is amber a sign of degradation of all the cannabinoids? Not just THC?

This is exactly what I was driving at. I must have a hard time expressing myself. LMAO

So, I'll know when the plant is mature..... regardless if it's a high cbd/low/thc/high this or low that. Whatever is in the resin glands is going to start turning amber when it starts to over mature..... right?

I usually harvest at first signs of amber. Not the few early birds that you always get. But, as soon as I see real amber trics, my plants come down.

I figure, why would you wait for a piece of fruit to rot before you picked it. LOL

And, if pot is anything like fruit, it will continue to ripen slightly after it's picked before it starts to rot. So, picking it just before amber would logically be the perfect time.

I'm pretty excited about smoking pot that doesn't get you high. Should be just like the '60s. I think I'm going to overdry it and press it into a brick with the stems and all just for old time's sake. LMAO

My 2 cents, is if it is indica dom cbd mix, you take to 30-40 % amber. If sativa, you take it cloudy.
I must have been smoking better stuff than you in the 60's. :vap-Bong_smoker:

Ding ding ding.... we have a winner. LMAO We actually agree. LOL

Sorry if I am a little long winded and have trouble expressing what I want to say. Part of the illness, I guess. LOL

I am going to have to get some pictures of these trics to show you guys. Unbelievable beautiful silver color.

There's that 'hard to express myself' thing again. I was joking. Maybe my humor is too dry. Maybe I'm just not funny. LMAO

My 2 cents, is if it is indica dom cbd mix, you take to 30-40 % amber. If sativa, you take it cloudy.

I just remember being able to smoke a joint down to the roach without losing my mind... nowadays I’m done after 1 maybe 2 hits... maybe that’s different pot, maybe that’s outa practice or just old man syndrome....

HACKERMAN, you are very funny, I seem to be getting lame. LOL The pot in the sixties made you laugh a lot.

It wasn't the pot that made us laugh. We were 16. No spouse. no kids. no mortgage. no job. no nothing to be unhappy about. No wonder we laughed. LMAO

Today, post marriage, post divorce(s), post fired from job(s), post eviction, post life..... what's to laugh about? LMAO

I can hardly keep from crying. ;)

What's to laugh about? we are old, we made it. who knew we would?

Latest posts

Back