Tiny Reddish Stem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obiwampa

Reaction score
Ok, I have one plant about 3-4 weeks old in a terra cotta pot that I keep outside. Some time ago, we had a cold night (about 49-50f) and the stem, which was about 2 inches long at the time turned a bit reddish. The stem doesn't seem to be getting much bigger, and the plant is starting to seem top heavy. I watered it today and it tipped over from the weight. It's leaves are fine and seem to be growing steadily but the stem is worrying me. The redness has faded a bit but it seems like the stem should be much thicker by now. It is still only about as thick as a pencil lead, if that. Suggestions?

the cold is what caused the stem to turn that redish purple color if its outside do you get alot of wind??? wind is the key thing that hardens the stem in the wild just like when you grow inside you have a fan blowin on them to harden the stem

I get a normal amount of wind I guess. I tried bending the stem gently which I read can help it get firm. :p But I don't really know how much or how often I should bend it.

Latest posts

Back