Tetraploid Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 peat cups of seed starting soil with about 5 sprouts per cup !--Now we wait !---I'm feeling lucky today !

The waiting is the hardest part !--- Was I successful or not ? -- About 30 years ago someone made UBC Chemo -- It wasn't Dr. Suzuki !-- I read the same scientific papers they did -- There's more info available on the "how to" of genetic doubling than was available to them !-- They used the Colchicine so would have had a survival rate of 1-2 out of a 1,000 ---- The question burning a hole in my mind is -- Was UBC Chemo the first and only tetraploid "The Hillbilly" made ? --- If so what does that say about what lives in the land of the tetraploids ?--- I gots to know !

All goes well-- I do see signs of life but not too much !-- It will take these things longer to do everything !---
I do have 4 plants that survived this treatment !-- 2 appear to be normal-- and One --I don't know --and It's a tiny thing and it almost didn't make it but it appears to be what I'm looking for !-- I'm in the goldilocks zone !
I also have a natural mutation of GG#4 like nothing I've ever seen and she is 100% girl !-- I have no idea how she smokes yet !-- I am in the middle of trying to propagate the anomaly !-- It's natural and not my work but I guess freaks are my niche in the coming green world !

4 seed out of a hundred out the ground on a fat tap root !--- That is about what I expect !--- Be awhile before I know if I was successful !-- The fat tap root is a very good sign !

Vostok -- I'm not using that old colchicine process !-- I could handle it safely but this process I'm using is gentler !---- As for polyploidy being recessive --- It can be ! ----It can be lots of stuff !--- I can't find a single real study on polyploidy in cannabis! -- Billy Budd up in Canada ( and his tetra Pink Kush ) --- Budda Seed in Spain is also working with some outstanding triploids ( terminator seed)--- It's a crap shoot but the end of prohibition is approaching and I need me a Frankenplant !--- Billy Budd has some numbers but they seem a little high to me !--- Tetraploids are here despite what some say !--- Umbra got a tetra called Clock Work Orange that is highly prized for pain !-- Billy's Pink Kush tetra is something special when grown right !--
I have no guarantee that the tetras I'm making will be special but I just need one special plant and I hit the jackpot !-- One highly desirable plant that is the only one like it in the world and I have exclusive control of it !--- That possibility is what drives me !-- I would have been happy with a cut of UBC Chemo or Billy's Pink Kush which I can't seem to get out of Canada but Nooo!--- We got to do it the hard way !--- I have to make my own !--- Which seems to be becoming a reality !---Won't know what I've got until it is in a pipe !

It appears that I have 2 "normal" plants that may survive --and I have 2 that ain't right !---- If it lives I!-- I have succeeded !

Looks like I have half dozen plants that survived my Zombie Juice !-- Time will tell !--- I don't think I will change anything in my process when I treat another group of seed !--

It seems I have already been successful on a previous attempt !--- I will post a pic when it is big enough to easily show what I did !---

"Alpha" the first of hopefully many Texas Tetras !---I can not accept no !--When it comes to cloning it !
If Alpha is a male ?--No problem !--- I'm breaking trail in new territory !

Had about 6 plants survive this last dance with Zombie Juice !--- One tetraploid isn't enough to start a tetra breeding program !-- Still looking for a cut of Billy's "Pink Kush" out of Canada but I'll manage until then !
Alpha grows so slow !---

Holding steady at 6 survivors out of 100 treated seed --but 2 ---I have my doubts that they will make it !-- The other 4 are happy and healthy although growing slow as would be expected !--- 2 look like what I want and the other 2 except for slow growth appear normal !-- They are just stalks sticking out the ground with the seed she'll still on them !-- The 2 I'm most interested in have an extra thick stalk !

Yeah Brother..you doing it.....

I did it but Alpha is dying !--- I have more candidates coming out the ground and 2 plants that came from treated seed that are not normal !---
The quest continues !---May have skip treating another batch until I can find the room ! --but I'm not finished !

Time to learn a new skill !-- I succeed in making my tetra and it died !---I'll make more --may already have some -- but ---Tissue culture !--- I don't want to use it to go where Big Pharm is headed with synthetic seed and stuff !---They can use a leaf to make 50 clones !--- I just want to use it to propagate a tetraploid !--- Maybe next time I see that enlarged root - Grow many copies of it in a petri dish before planting !--One way or another ---I'll have my Frankenplant !--- I'm hunting a new legend !

I don't know how U can come back from that but Alpha wants to live !--- The other mutants ? --I'm not gonna know I have my Frankenplant until I have it !-- This is not about a variety! --- This is all for one single plant !

Genetic Doubling attempt # 6 !--- Half teaspoon seed wet !-- Sprout them in a jar of water in a warm place !-
Making a small adjustment in my Zombie Juice and do it again !--- I'm so very close !

My Zombie Juice started at 1 part in 8,000 part distilled water !--- The sprouts are started in a jar of tap water !-- When the tap root on the sprouts is about a half inch long they are drained and spend 24 hours in the Zombie Juice !--- I've been moving downwards in the concentration 25 parts each time !--

Latest posts

Back