My Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobbie

Reaction score
I use a 2.4m x 2m tent with the extraction taken care of via a 200mm rvk matched up to 200mm rhino pro carbon filter connected to an evolution environment room controller, set @ 80f max and 42% rh max, temps and rh are always within these max limits, sometimes getting as low as 0% rh mainly due to me not watering them on time.
2 x 600w digital dimmable ballasts with matching bulbs and 2 x 800mm parabolic reflectors and 1 x ram 12" louvre fan for air movement in the tent.
Five x different strains i have going on.
strawberry cough, super lemon haze, u.k. cheese, orangebud and agent orange.
A few pics of some cured bud i have lying around.
Scoobbie

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 5.jpg

View attachment 6.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

Welcome to MP, Scoob it looks like you know what your doin so I hope maybe I can learn something from you!

Thank You 2RedEyes, i try my best, to be honest they are covered with thrips but i am doing my best to get shut of the little buggers.
Scoobbie

There are several here that have experience with thrip so I think you’ll get some advice soon...

Thank you 2RedEyes, i know how to deal with them but @ over 4 weeks into flower i'm letting the buggers do their damage and biting the bullet this time.
I usually use a systemic aerosol spray that has pyrethrin in it but for some reason its now no longer on sale so i assume it must have been toxic, anyway i only ever used the stuff in veg and as it only stays in the plant for up to 6 weeks its way gone come harvest time, my bad for letting the buggers get a hold.
My 5 x mother plants are all sprayed every 2 days to rid myself of these damn pests.
Scoobbie

Very nice Scoobbi, I used to really hate thrip until I met russet mites. I like Dr zymes for both. Nice grow.

Thank You bombbudpuffa and Rosebud, Russet Mites, i have never heard of them, only spider mites, i had them once or twice and don't ever want them again.
My worst ever problem was Powdery Mildew where i had to replace everything tent, all equipment and plants and start all over again.
Scoobbie

A quick question for all you experienced growers out there if you can offer me some guidance.
I have grown the above strains for the past two years and i am in a quandry.
Everything is the same, nutrients, temps, conditions and growing style although my harvests can differ dramatically, certain strains i harvest 1-1.5oz per plant and on other times the same strains grown exactly the same can harvest 3-5oz.
So although i use the KISS method and just use plain veg nutrients for vegging, and for flowering just bloom with pk 13/14 added as directed, so i am considering using some bud boosters.
So any suggestions based on hard evidence.
Thank You, Scoobbie.

Please someone help me, i have a brand new, well 5 week old rhino pro 200mm x 600mm carbon filter fixed to my 200mm rvk L1 inline fan via a fast clamp and which is also completely taped over with gas fitters tape and is vented into my attic space.
My problem is i can sometimes smell mj in my bathroom and hallway downstairs and the odd sweet smell outside my house backdoor.
There are no leaks anywhere in my connections nor any problems with the ducting.
My temps have risen to 81f and rh hovers below 28% always. i have one ramair louvre fan and this just gently sways the plants.
I have now opened some more vents in my tent and still the tent sides are being pulled in so obviously fans working as it should.
At the exit of the ducting in the attic i get no mj smells.
The room my tent is in well my fan/filter combo are more than enough for the whole room let alone my 2.4m x 1.2m tent.
The tent isn't the best quality but again no smells in the room housing the tent.
Any ideas what my problem can be.
Thank You. Scoobbie.

Does anyone else smell it? Maybe it's just you or your hands that smell.

Do you have pot curing somewhere else in the house?

Just tossing out some ideas.

Please someone help me, i have a brand new, well 5 week old rhino pro 200mm x 600mm carbon filter fixed to my 200mm rvk L1 inline fan via a fast clamp and which is also completely taped over with gas fitters tape and is vented into my attic space.
My problem is i can sometimes smell mj in my bathroom and hallway downstairs and the odd sweet smell outside my house backdoor.
There are no leaks anywhere in my connections nor any problems with the ducting.
My temps have risen to 81f and rh hovers below 28% always. i have one ramair louvre fan and this just gently sways the plants.
I have now opened some more vents in my tent and still the tent sides are being pulled in so obviously fans working as it should.
At the exit of the ducting in the attic i get no mj smells.
The room my tent is in well my fan/filter combo are more than enough for the whole room let alone my 2.4m x 1.2m tent.
The tent isn't the best quality but again no smells in the room housing the tent.
Any ideas what my problem can be.
Thank You. Scoobbie.

i used to also have a strong negative pressure in my tent. i added (2) small air intake fans. 100 cfm each. on each end of the 8 foot tent. i also i put (3) 90 degree round elbows, painted black on the inside connected to both fans. that's to stop any light leaks. i now have a neutral pressure in my tent.(a bit more flower space). if all your connections in all your ducts are either duct taped or a brush on sealant, the only smells will be in your attic, tent or leaking from your attic into available spaces. try and use hard ducting as much as possible. if you have a pair of snips, a pair of crimpers, and duct tape, hard duct is fast and has a much better air flow than flex ducting. i get o.d. smells thru my chimney flu. my filter is pretty old. that maybe the issue for me. we r legal now. no worries..

The chop commenced last night managing to trim 7 super lemon hazes before the tediousness got to me, so tonight i shall chop another lot.
Scoobbie

All plants were chopped and all the equipment dismantled and sold on to the next prospective grower, i am giving up growing for the forseable future due to work commitments and family life, so i will still drop by now and again to see how things are going in the mp world.
Happy xmas everybody and have a great new year.

Scoobbie

Latest posts

Back