Clones Under Flouros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eplsoccer7

Reaction score
hey so i have 6 clones under 2 4ft flouros and the tallest is about 10" and the rest are inbetween 6-8" and they have been veggin for roughly 3 weeks. I was wondering if i could just keep them under the flouros for the flowering stage as well. I have a setup waiting with 1000w HPS but i dont have the funds for the electricity bill. So i was wondering when i should switch the 24/0 to a 12/12 light schedule. Also how much roughly would each plant yield under the flouros? Ima complete newb at growing so any info would help greatly. Thanks

It's pointless to flower with flouros you get pinty buds, 1000 watt HPS will give good yield. Keep the plants vegging with the flouros untill you can afford the hydro.

how long can i keep them under flouros for?? I can run the HPS whenever really i was just tryin to avoid it. But if its worth it in the long run then ill deff do it. When is a good time to start the flowering stage?

You will totally benefit from using the HPS even though the flour. will get them through and even make some pretty nice buds you won't get the same yield. I usually switch about 1.5' but different folks go with different sizes, it depends on if you want tall plants ir not.

Elpsoccer, you can grow your plant as big as you want as long as you give it enough space for the root mass to develop. Remember that once you put your ladies into flowering, they're going to want to stretch to about double the size or more. So it would be a good idea to repot before flowering if you're still using a small pot. As far as estimating yields, that depends on the strain, how well your taking care of it, and the light (the HPS will definitely increase your yield and bud density), as well as other variables. That 1000Watter is going to give off alot of heat, so keep your plants about 1.5-2ft away. Good luck with the grow...

Elpsoccer..If you are worried about a High Light Bill, Keep that HPS in the Box. A coupel of things first...Are you growing for yourself/to share with frends? Or for $$$$? If its for yourself/your first grow, I'd recomend CFL's.The're cheep,you can use standard fixture's/lamps and plugs, we use 2 CFL's at nignt and naturel sunlight w/ the 2 CFL's for our Veg. And 6 CFL's in a closet w/ one moving fan in a 3'x4 1/2'x5 1/2' closet.Our Elec. bill per mounth is around $75.00 a mounth. A good frend of mine started growing w/ 2 1000 HPS's in a walk-in closet and his bill jumped from around $150.00 a mounth to $750.00 a mounth!! This also alerted his landlord,the power co.,and of course, his local police dep. Sure he got Coffie-can size buds, but he never got the chance to smoke any of them. Now if you own your own home or are VERY close to your landlord{ or ARE the landlord!},you can try going off-grid w/ solar panals or wind-mills or whatever. If your going to grow for $$$$, Frend, you gots to spend the Money to makes The Money.Maybe Growing outside might work better for you until things are better finacialy? The last issue of Cannabis Culture had articals on outdoor growing ,in forrest,in swamps, maybe something in there could give you new ideas. Keep us posted, and GOOD-LUCK.

thanks for all the replies...but yea this is my 1st grow and i got everything for FREE...cept for pots and soil..ive got six nice healthy clones under the flouros and another 2 outdoors at my buddies house..i got the 1000w HPS free too and its actually going to be at a friends house so he will be paying the bill..haha..but i wanted to keep like 1-2 at my house thats why i was wondering about the flouro set up for flower...but i want a big harvest so ima hit em with that HPS and we have a 400w MH we are gonna use too...its quite the set up..i just dont like the idea of the bill jumping so much..but i guess we have to sacrifice somewhere...i am goin to transplant soon into 4gallon pots before they go into flower..ill take pics soon..got some AK-47 and hogs breath...cant wait

eplsoccer7 said:
thanks for all the replies...but yea this is my 1st grow and i got everything for FREE...cept for pots and soil..ive got six nice healthy clones under the flouros and another 2 outdoors at my buddies house..i got the 1000w HPS free too and its actually going to be at a friends house so he will be paying the bill..haha..but i wanted to keep like 1-2 at my house thats why i was wondering about the flouro set up for flower...but i want a big harvest so ima hit em with that HPS and we have a 400w MH we are gonna use too...its quite the set up..i just dont like the idea of the bill jumping so much..but i guess we have to sacrifice somewhere...i am goin to transplant soon into 4gallon pots before they go into flower..ill take pics soon..got some AK-47 and hogs breath...cant wait
Whats up eplsoccer7. If you want to know the correct cost to run a light in your house just go to the lighting section and biffdoggie has a thread called wondering about power costs that will tell you.

Captain, $750 a month for 2 1000s? Did he have other stuff going for veg or soemthing too, the cost of running 5 1000s and a bunch of fans only came to $800 around here, in one of the worst power-mongered areas.

Latest posts

Back