Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I dont have a "tent", but i do have s super locker on the way. Can I still be considered in the "tent" growers club? If so, I am number# 2-502.

Trafic said:
Count me in. I love my tent. It's not a huge setup but it makes me very happy all the same.

Trafic you are in Bro...just pick a membership # and post it in this thread so I can add you to the first post....also go to user cp at the top and click on it and go to group memberships and join the TGC...welcome:)

NewGrowGuy said:
Hey guys, I dont have a "tent", but i do have s super locker on the way. Can I still be considered in the "tent" growers club? If so, I am number# 2-502.

Is this what you speak of? SuperLocker.jpg
If it is then I think it qualifies...I will put you down as #2-502...just go to user cp and click on group memberships and choose Tent Growers Club...thanks

I agree with Hamster in that thread, outside air is constantly venting in your attic, you will have far more humidity from outside air than your grow room.. Think about every time it rains, the humidity shoots up.. With outside ventilation in your attic your still venting your exhaust outside, it will leave your attic through the ventilation holes.. Ive vented into my attic for a long time and Ive never had mold issues and Im in my attic a lot... Its dusty but not moldy...

OldHippieChick said:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42540&highlight=mold
Here is the link to the thread that put me in a tailspin over black mold.... any opinions? Thanks for the input guys. I confess, I feel that with the size of my grow I'm over thinking this one.

I dont think you have anything to worry about.. when your in your attic put an rh meter up there.. keep an eye on it.. we all know if you have it damp up there but shes hotter then hell well theres the potential for mold.. you take precautions and watch it.. i cant see a problem..
have your carbon filter sitting near a vent up there and you should be fine.. ive looked into er a lil more since then ;) .. mold scared the shet out of me when i first started..
LH

I've decided on a tent too. I will have more invested building with ply wood, etc. A tent however will makes things way easier, can easily be moved if needed, cleans easily. Pretty much a perfect choice.

Question - Do you prefer the white or mylar type interiors better?

Looking at a 2'8" x 4'1" x7'6" tent. This one has the mylar type interior and has metal poles instead of plastic.

MindzEye said:
I agree with Hamster in that thread, outside air is constantly venting in your attic, you will have far more humidity from outside air than your grow room.. Think about every time it rains, the humidity shoots up.. With outside ventilation in your attic your still venting your exhaust outside, it will leave your attic through the ventilation holes.. Ive vented into my attic for a long time and Ive never had mold issues and Im in my attic a lot... Its dusty but not moldy...

Its not humidity. Its the difference in air temperature. Warm moist air will condense when it hits the cold attic air. Water droplets will form on something then mold will grow.

OHC if your worried about it just run flexi-duct right to one of your vents in the eaves, or ridge. I'm sure you have ridge, or eaves vents...unless you live in a house with an old, old roof. I'm pretty sure it's code everywhere to have these types of vents. The main reason for these vents are to keep moisture out of these spaces in the roof. Like mindzeye said there is more moisture outside than you pumping your grow room...if your that worried find where your shower vent, or dryer vent is and tie into that with a "T".

terky said:
Its not humidity. Its the difference in air temperature. Warm moist air will condense when it hits the cold attic air. Water droplets will form on something then mold will grow.

Cold in an attic would depend on where you live lol.. Go in my attic right now and you will be sweating.. And 28% Rh air isnt Humid air. In the coldest months where I live when the air wont hold as much moisture we have greater humidity than 28% outside... No condensation....

swampbud said:
GeezerBud, Thats just a cheap $1 thermometer I picked up at the waldomart. I set it in the pot to make sure the temps near the clan are at least in the range of bout 75f, I move it to a different pot every few days. even got a $1 humidity gage in there too.

:rofl:
I'm guessing that Waldoworld is a secret code word for WalMart?
Was it in fishtank section?

:)
Gb

Hamster Lewis said:
Trafic you are in Bro...just pick a membership # and post it in this thread so I can add you to the first post....also go to user cp at the top and click on it and go to group memberships and join the TGC...welcome:)
Sweet. I'll be #840. Thanks.

Geezerbud, that would be the place but it was in the isle with the humidifiers. got that and humidity gage $1 ea.

Well, My tent has been shipped, so it won't be long.
Just in time to transplant.

I just hate waiting!
:cry:

:)
Gb

for my tent (2x4x5) i was thinking about a exhaust setup along the lines of having the duct come out of the tent to the fan straight into the filter. you guys think having the filter and fan on the inside and blowing air out of the tent is better? any opinions?

wally150 said:
for my tent (2x4x5) i was thinking about a exhaust setup along the lines of having the duct come out of the tent to the fan straight into the filter. you guys think having the filter and fan on the inside and blowing air out of the tent is better? any opinions?

In theory it might work.. but I would assume its much more efficient to have it inside the tent. Having the filter outside of the tent kinda defeats the purpose :p

I wouldnt be worried about problems in the attic unless you're doing a huge op.

Why use kitty litter when you can buy washed activated carbon for about $20 for a 5g bucket on ebay? Not to mention clay kitty litter is not organic, has tons of nasty dust, and is bad for the earth to produce. I made my own scrubbers until I finally bought one. Lets just say I was not a good scrubber builder. :)

I do not use tents but I have done lots of micro setups in cabinets. Including mini-hydro.

MikeOrganix said:
I wouldnt be worried about problems in the attic unless you're doing a huge op.

Why use kitty litter when you can buy washed activated carbon for about $20 for a 5g bucket on ebay? Not to mention clay kitty litter is not organic, has tons of nasty dust, and is bad for the earth to produce. I made my own scrubbers until I finally bought one. Lets just say I was not a good scrubber builder. :)

I do not use tents but I have done lots of micro setups in cabinets. Including mini-hydro.

Silica kitty litter that I use in my filters doesnt harm anything... Ive never seen carbon for $20 for a 5 gallon bucket. In fact I just searched e-bay its pretty expensive $20 for 5 pounds plus shipping.. I can get 2 gallons of crystal kitty litter for $8 and it will fill my scrubber... It works perfect.. Silica is natural they package it with some food items to absorb smells and moisture...

If something isnt organic this doesnt automatically make it bad for the earth... If something is organic this doesnt automatically make it good for the earth...

wally150 said:

hey wally i think i understand your ? i have mine set up so it go's filter,fan cooltube and out the top of the tent i here its better to push hot air then to pull it

Latest posts

Back