What do you guys think of this instead of Everclear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy 200 proof alcohol online?????

I thought alcohol was a controlled substance. I'm almost sure they won't ship to my state. Maybe there's something I'm missing here. LOL

I use 2 different sources for food grade organic ethanol, both ship.

I also did not know you could buy alcohol online. What keeps kids from ordering this?

Also, I didn't think they could make 200 proof food grade. I thought it took some kind of (poison) solvent to remove the last of the water.

What exactly does organic mean when we are talking about pure alcohol?

THG you are correct in that the difference between 190% and 200% is normally achieved with chemicals, however I called and asked and they are using a molecular trap. It's the only way to do it without chemicals. They are talking about the source of the alcohol in terms of organic, so sugar cane, or corn, potatoes, or grapes are non GMO and organically grown.

Wow molecular trap--that sounds fancy. Must target and eliminate substances on a molecular level.

Do you know what this is made from? Just curious as I have heard that it is hard to even find non-GMO corn now.

It runs a bit more than Everclear, but I do like the idea of my organic cannabis going into an organic solvent.

It does bother me that there looks like there are no safeguards to keep this out of the hands of minors. Alcohol poisoning can happen really fast with pure alcohol.

I think the safe guard is the price. The problem with 200% alcohol is it is hydroscopic so as soon as you expose it to the air it will start to absorb water.

Hydroscopic--I sure learn a lot of new words when I talk with you smart guys (I love learning new words). How interesting that they go to all that trouble to remove basically all the water to only have it absorb water as soon as it is opened.

Call me cynical, but in the day and age where kids have $1000 smart phones and drive vehicles only a few years old, I don't think that $135 is considered much money.

Hydroscopic--I sure learn a lot of new words when I talk with you smart guys (I love learning new words). How interesting that they go to all that trouble to remove basically all the water to only have it absorb water as soon as it is opened.

Call me cynical, but in the day and age where kids have $1000 smart phones and drive vehicles only a few years old, I don't think that $135 is considered much money.
My sons had expensive smart phones but it had nothing to do with them paying for it, I paid. The shipping coming to your parents house, hmmm I don't think so.
THG there is a big folk scene in NYC and some of it trickles down to Philly when I lived there. Christine Lavin is a folk singer I would see often at the little folk clubs in my area. She does a song about words that will no longer be on the SAT's.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hITcmwxfeeo[/ame]

All those words are gone???? Eclectic opulence? I love that. Imean how do you describe my house if you don't say eclectic?

What a great song umbra. My mom was an English teacher and her attitude and teachings have stayed with me my whole life even though she has been gone for awhile. I still look up words I don't know the meaning of. Love that Kindles have dictionaries built right into them.

I am surprised at a lot of words that are contained here.

Sorry I hi jacked the thread. I always have a dictionary somewhere nearby. I'm glad you liked it.

I like Alexa for that. We ask her stuff all the time. Screed, i didn't know what that was.

I like Alexa for that. We ask her stuff all the time. Screed, i didn't know what that was.

LOL--I looked up screed. I only knew the definition as it relates to leveling concrete.

Wow. I will stick to using Everclear. They sell it down the street and it is only 35 bucks for a half gallon. This stuff is twice as expensive.
I deliver wine, beer and sometimes hard liquor and they all get shipped as Adult Signature Required. I basically become a bartender and if there is any doubt I have to ask for ID. @ times during last Xmas I requested ID from young looking guys and both times they admitted they were not 21. LOL. Busted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sat thru long monotonous speeches before, so I know exactly what screed means, lol.

Wow. I will stick to using Everclear. They sell it down the street and it is only 35 bucks for a half gallon. This stuff is twice as expensive.
I deliver wine, beer and sometimes hard liquor and they all get shipped as Adult Signature Required. I basically become a bartender and if there is any doubt I have to ask for ID. @ times during last Xmas I requested ID from young looking guys and both times they admitted they were not 21. LOL. Busted.

In Cali, everclear is 151 and not 190. It makes a difference

Latest posts

Back