could use a little help with MG soils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
i have a 3x4x17"deep grow tub that is filled with MG potting mix. i did not know that every time i watered i was releasing more nutes to the plants. 8 of the plants sprouted a week before the other 4. the last 4 to pop up don't seem to be growing nearly as fast and i'm thinking i may have over nuted them. here are some pics. keep in mind the big ones are exactly 1 week older than the small ones.only 1 of the leaves on 1 of the small plants is showing yellow spots. i would like to nip that problem in the bud.

YAY!!!!! my mom just brought me a couple joints

Whats up dude!!! Cool mom how tasty are the Jays.lol

Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil or Amazon Bloom soil they are the best so far I have seen.

You look up other growers who sware by MG soil but I use Fox Farms & Amazon Bloom soil. Check out my Journal of MY Sativa Hybrid below you'll see bro

Hear is Fox Farms Link just have to cut & past and add TT to th HP (HTTP:)

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/products_soils1.html

I like to control my nutes...MG is to un predictable..imo..some good organic (not MG) potting soil and perlite.

AMAZON BLOOM
Premier Natural-Organic Potting Soil
This premier potting soil containing peat moss, forest compost, coconut coir, feather meal, bat guano, marinebird fossilized guano, steamed bone meal, sulfate of potash, magnesia from langbenite, neem meal, earthworm castings, sea kelp (ascophyllum nodosum), humate ore (leonardite), oyster shell lime (ph adjuster). Does not require fertilization, depending on the plants & environment, for 30, 60 up to 90 days. It's the preferred companion to the Earth Juice line of fertilizers. The "Best" flowering planting mix on the market.

hxxp://www.greenfire.net/hot/F229.html

KGB30 said:
Hear is Fox Farms Link just have to cut & past and add TT to th HP (HTTP:)

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/products_soils1.html

KGB..cant you go back and edit the link? wont it turn green then?

IDK

MircleGrow link

hxxp://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?bodyCssClass=scotts+blade+product+general+en&tabs=general&navAction=push&bodyId=product_general&proId=prod70262&itemId=cat50154&id=cat50006

4u2smoke said:
KGB..cant you go back and edit the link? wont it turn green then?

IDK

HOW GREEN YOU WANT THC TOMATO SIZE!!

as long as you don't give them any other nutes you should be fine.. let your soil get real dry in between waterings. i wait till my plants start droopin from lack of water then water again,, reduce the amount nutes released by the soil by reducin how often you water.. if you over water then its possible to get nute burn. i hope that makes sense.. good luck

I haven't had any problems with Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Amazon Bloom Soil. I just had to learn let my plants grow & too much care can kill them so I check the soil & make sure I fluff it for the plants every day and if they need water it depends on how hot it was other then that I leave them to growing giants but not as big as Old Hippie .Man those are Amazons. lol

Thats all you can do when growing with MG as SLOMO77 stated. Just do alot of reading bro ok & ask other Mg soil growers there techniques.

I just p osted some info so you would know what other stuff is out there as for soils that work awesome.

Hear is some Green MOJO to help

I don't like MG soil either. Unfortunetly I got stuck using it. so I chose the lesser of the evils and went with an Organic Version. the whole water retainer is a *****! I would cut back on watering. let the soil get almost dry, or atleast the top. and go from there. Giving it less water until they get bigger. JMO

hey KGB, how old are the plants in the pics in the post where you said you went camping for 3 days ?? see , i've never grow pot like this before and when i look at other pics of young plants they look like they're stretching bad when compared to mine. the pics at the top of the thread were taken today and the plants broke ground 16 days ago .i did bury about 2" or less and i had the big one in poo cups when i transplanted them . i may be being a little too cautious but i'd like to find any problems before they become bad

thebest said:
I don't like MG soil either. Unfortunetly I got stuck using it. so I chose the lesser of the evils and went with an Organic Version. the whole water retainer is a *****! I would cut back on watering. let the soil get almost dry, or atleast the top. and go from there. Giving it less water until they get bigger. JMO
big thanks to you man,... you just answered a real big question thats been on my mind for a while..thank you

SQUEEF MONKEY said:
hey KGB, how old are the plants in the pics in the post where you said you went camping for 3 days ?? see , i've never grow pot like this before and when i look at other pics of young plants they look like they're stretching bad when compared to mine. the pics at the top of the thread were taken today and the plants broke ground 16 days ago .i did bury about 2" or less and i had the big one in poo cups when i transplanted them . i may be being a little too cautious but i'd like to find any problems before they become bad

Oh no bro those are about three months old and I grow those giants on my patio. Man they are taller then my wife. lol

Latest posts

Back