Random seeds #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokybear

I smoke, I drink
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first grow and I would like you all to give me some advice and tips and tell me if I'm screwin it up or anything like that. A friend of mine started some seeds and then had to get rid of them so I ended up with them. I would have started them in dixie cups but beggers cant be choosers. On with it, the dimensions of my grow area are approx 5 feet wide, 30 inches deep and 5 feet tall. For the lights, right now they are under 4 40 watt flourescents. I will be putting up a 150 watt hps in the next few days so that should help out a lot. More floros, is a possibility but I am unsure at this point. I am unsure on what nutes I am going to use at this point but I will make a run to the store to pick some up in the near future.

Four of the seeds have sprouted thus far and I imagine the other 5 will be through in the next day or two. Well I think I've covered everything but I have a tendancy to forget stuff so just ask if so. I look forward to posting more pictures and information in the coming weeks. Good luck and good growing everyone!

0820.jpg

0830.jpg

approx 5 feet wide, 30 inches deep and 5 feet tall. For the lights, right now they are under 4 40 watt flourescents. I will be putting up a 150 watt hps in the next few days
hmm 12 sq ft.. a 600 watt hps will sufficiently cover that space...or 4 of those 150's if you prefer :)

Hick said:
hmm 12 sq ft.. a 600 watt hps will sufficiently cover that space...or 4 of those 150's if you prefer :)

I'd probably go with what hick says and run a 30" x 36" floor space area and run a 600w providing you can cool the air sufficiently.

Thank everyone for the advice. It's greatly appreciated. I have pondered long and hard and I have decided that I am going to take your advice and go ahead and get a 400 watt hps to add to my lighting system. That will make 650 watts of hps. I will probably just do away with the floros when i get the hps kickin. Thanks again everyone. More pics comin in a few days.

Well this is day 11 for these plants..Got three that were started 5 days before the bigger ones. They are doing ok and catching up pretty quickly.

I have yet added the 400 watt hps to the setup because I simply havent had the time to mess with it much. I believe I will wait another 4-5 days before I throw the 400 watt in there. Im going to transplant pretty soon as Im sure they are filling up that small pot with roots. Gotta give em some space!

I also put mylar up on the walls and I must say, MUCH BETTER!

Havent added any type of nutes yet. Will probably wait another week or so before I start the nute feedings. Other than that, just enjoying watching these grow! Take care everyone.

072.JPG

074.JPG

smokybear said:
Well this is day 11 for these plants..Got three that were started 5 days before the bigger ones. They are doing ok and catching up pretty quickly.

I have yet added the 400 watt hps to the setup because I simply havent had the time to mess with it much. I believe I will wait another 4-5 days before I throw the 400 watt in there. Im going to transplant pretty soon as Im sure they are filling up that small pot with roots. Gotta give em some space!

I also put mylar up on the walls and I must say, MUCH BETTER!

Havent added any type of nutes yet. Will probably wait another week or so before I start the nute feedings. Other than that, just enjoying watching these grow! Take care everyone.
nice setup good luck im a try 2 catch up to you

Hello all:

Figured I would update you once again. I decided to go ahead and put the 400 watt hps up inside my room. I went ahead and did that and its so much brighter in there. Im loving it.

Anyways, I figured I would go ahead and transplant the little ones since I was already hanging the new light up. They were put into 17 quart pots with some promix with added perlite. They were kind of drooping due to overwatering so Im going to wait a little while before I water them into their new homes.

Hoping for bunches of females so pray for me! Thanks all. Take care.

day 12.JPG

day 12-1.JPG

day 12-2.JPG

day 12-3.JPG

Them babies are going to love you for that light ;) Watch their heads and the temps for the first few days man make sure everything is ship shape and you will be rewarded, MOJO lets see some girls here :banana:

looks pretty good. it looks like your plants are as big as my plant i am growing from seed it will fun to see witch ones turn out female.

I hope mine is female i cant tell yet.

hey smokey bear ! plants looking beautiful :tokie: iv e got some around the same age ,,,i will pray for them to be ladies ,,,and hope the karma comes back :giggle:

Hello again everyone. This is day 14 of veg for these plants. I have 12 plants in all going. Everything is going pretty good. I have three plants that are about 6-7 days younger and I finally got them into their final homes today. I ran out of space in my closet so I had to double up four of the plants in two pots. I hate to do that but I couldnt figure anything else out.

Anyways, I decided I would LST the plants and try my best to keep a relatively even canopy. I hope it works out for me. I have done this outdoor and grown some very massive bushes. I ended up getting some twine from the dollar store to use for my ties. I ran across a thread using pipe cleaners earlier tonight and I wish I would have thought of that! That is a fantastic idea. Oh well. The twine will work out just fine, I'm sure.

I haven't used nutes on them yet but I think I am going to here in three or four days. Going to use fox farm but I still have to go and buy some. Will start off at 1/4 strength and go from there.

Temps stay around 76-78 degrees. Just fine. That's all I can think of at this time so if I forgot anything, just hit me up.

Here are a few pics of the plants. I had to crop them severely due to the size restrictions so thats the best I could do for pictures.

I also included a picture of my guard dog eating a little piece of bud!! :)

day 14.JPG

day 14-1.JPG

day 14-2.JPG

day 14-3.JPG

055-1.jpg

Looks like you may have quite a bountiful harvest! Are you going to transplant into bigger pots?

I may transplant into bigger containers. I am undecided at this point. It just depends. I may be moving sometime in the next 3-4 months so I'm not sure what my situation is going to be then. If I have to move sooner than expected, they will stay in the pots they are in. If not, I may put them into 4 or 5 gallon containers. I will know soon though. Thanks all. Take care.

Latest posts

Back