Pot Belly's 70 watt HPS grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey PotBelly..Sorry for over filling your thank box...I realy enjoy your grows...sorry to hear of Green Giant...I see you still useing those KIDS tote containers..I am interested in the clipping in water then into flower to determine sex..I thought they needed roots..next Sept when I do another Bean grow thats what I waill do for sure..you only do 1 plant at a time? no wonder you like to clone..Happy Sunday and keep it GREEN my friend

4u2smoke said:
sorry to hear of Green Giant.....I am interested in the clipping in water then into flower to determine sex..I thought they needed roots..you only do 1 plant at a time?

The Green Giant is a monster alright. Still haven't given her the chop. I think she's at 12 week in flower, but a bunch of non-smokable veg growth all of a sudden on top of bud out of the harvest window. She's just starting to grow pistils on top of all that mangy mess. She's ruint!:D That's why they call them grows experiments.:p No loss but only gain in experience.

I have not needed roots for my cuttings to give me determination of sex IME. So far positive ID within 7 days from a mature plant donor.

I only do one plant at a time. I've found it maximizes my growspace, and gives me all the smoke I need. In fact, that's why I've downsized from a 150 Watt which gave me almost 2.5 oz, to this 70 watter. I'm trying to meet my smoking demand with no more pot on me than a bag's worth. Except for the stems, leaves, roots, and vegging mother that is "useless" to me for smoking.

Here's an update with pics. So far so good. About 5 or 6 weeks to go on flowering.

70 watt.JPG

70 watt HPS grow.JPG

Bud.JPG

looking great there man. those buds are coming along well. I've got my very first lowryder young bud pics up now :D

Everything is looking great PB. :aok: The young ladies have a nice green color and some nice buds forming. ;) Your doing a great job mang keep it up.

Nice Bud Shots Potybelly..i Think We Will Be Harvestin At The Same Time ..com On June Lol

Thorn said:
I've got my very first lowryder young bud pics up now :D

Sounds great. I love to see buds develop on a new strain I haven't tried before. I'll check them out.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
The young ladies have a nice green color and some nice buds forming.

Thanks guys. This morning she started to show those frosty trichs this strain is well known for. :D It's starting at this point when the growing gets really fun. At least for me.

She has finally stopped growing. Whew! That extra week of unauthorized veg almost did me and that plant in! She's hedged in there, I can't even pull her out of the box anymore without damage to the tops.:eek:

Nice, you think its possible to LST 1 plant to a 3' X 2' area? And if so how long vegging it would it take... Thanks

Timmyjg6 said:
Nice, you think its possible to LST 1 plant to a 3' X 2' area? And if so how long vegging it would it take... Thanks

One plant would easily fill out that area with LST. And with good results.

Vegging time depends on lighting, strain, and other conditions. I would grow the plant and LST/train/top, etc. until your laterals are trained 6 to 7 inches long from the trunk. I make my laterals in veg at horizontal. And top after the 4th node or so. Or you could not top, and train the cola as a lateral shoot. This would be about a 2 month veg from a clone that has been rooted.

EDIT*** Just noticed I didn't take your height into account. If you have no height restrictions, you could let your plant grow to the edge of the space, then flip your lights to 12/12 and raise your light as your plant grows. I have my light fixed, and lower my plant as it grows.

Update on our WW x NB in flower. So far so good. She's getting some frosty trichs and starting to smell so good. Such a healthy strain. About 4 to 5 weeks to go.

Here are some pics.

buds.JPG

getting there.JPG

budz.JPG

WWxNB.JPG

And that's only from 70w?:holysheep: Awesome. What's your estimate on the yield?

Latest posts

Back