Pot Belly's 70 watt HPS grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to see these small bulbs actually getting used. Not many people use them over here in the UK - I got laughed at for suggesting a 150w HPS in a growshop recently. Have considered these 70w bulbs but we don't seem to get those security lights here that are sold in the states, all our home security lights are halogen. Have been working on my own grow, currently looking at a 150w HPS which is easily available, would like to try a 70w HPS and a 50w MH eventually.. If I get any kit that works but I decide is no longer suitable, i can always sell it to friends of mine who are always saying "i need to get a grow on" - yes you do my friends and i'll be happy to help out and give that intial inspiration and motivation - my initial motivation was a dude making icehash in the meditteranean on outdoor grows.. lol

That's a nice plant and I would be happy with those kind of yields but for my enclosed box, it's 3sq.ft so 70w just isnt enough. 150w will be bang on though. Am going SCROG so i shall probably put a couple of CFL's under the canopy to boost it all

Mini HID growers UNITE!! :D

Potbelly, thanks added for entire thread. Keep up the good work me ol' fella :D

heres a 70w hps available in the uk

hxxp://www.liteworksuk.co.uk/floodlights/high-pressure-sodium-son-/70w-high-pressue-sodium.html

If that light comes with a ballast its the cheapest i've ever seen. I'm in sheffield so i might give them a call tomorrow.

i think its all built in
with it bein a security light
just put a plug on and go

was gonna get that myself
but ended up gettin a 150w of ebay

am very happy with the results so far

------ edit --------
oops sorry pot belly
didnt mean to high jack ur grow diary

lookin good by the way ;)

Ta for the info billy.

Potbelly, props for doing this diary. How much heat does this light give off? I don't imagine its much.. Have you used CFLs before? any temp comparisons for us between a 70w HPS and CFL bulbs?

Latest posts

Back