Silver Haze and White Widow Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTree420

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, i havent been on here in a while...i just got my internet connection back and i decided to jump back into the mix of things...i just recently finished up a lowryder 2 grow about a month ago and it came out fairly well...now i am about 3 weeks into veg with three silver haze and three white widows...i have a pretty basic closet setup with a 400w hps....anyways please give me some feedback or any advice and if you have any questions feel free to ask...

photos will be up by tomorrow my camera is acting up...oh and i forgot to say...yesterday i transplanted into 3 gal buckets and they all seem to be recovering well

thanks ukgirl...i am using fox farms ocean forest...this is the first time ive used it and i love it...ii actually had to order some because none of the stores around here stock any good soils in the winter...every single place i went only had MG...it was like a bad dream

these pics are what i m currently working with...the 3 on the left are the silver haze and on the right is the white widow...i will get some upclose shots posted up in a bit

PIC_0002.JPG

PIC_0003.JPG

PIC_0011.JPG

looks good bt420.:). nice selection of strains also. have you ever grown white widow? they are very, very, nute sensitive. they burn easily. i did a ww grow
and nuted at quarter strength 3 times the entire grow, and each time, about burnt them up. good luck with your grow bt...bb...

yo bro, nice, gald to see some more haze one the forms, where u get your beans from brother? i got some Super sliver haze growing.like 3 weeks in to flower, greenhouse seeds, by way of marijuana-seeds.xx (replace xx with NL). well best of luck bro an here some GREEN MOJO to get u started. best of luck i will be pulling up a chair to wach this one.

thanks everyone for posting up and for your comments....still no pics...hopefully tonight as long as my camera really is fixed this time....those other pics i took with my camcorder...the still-motion pics come out so horrible...ive never grown white widow before but i will deff look out for that banjobuzz...also i got my seeds from marijuana-seeds.xx as well wiseguy....i actually have always gone through them and nobody else...always got great service and quick shipping

thanks hemp godess....yea i am very picky and obsessive when it comes to the closet...more so than the rest of the house..lmao

That haze is going to tower above the Widows. You planning on topping/lsting? Do you have enough head space? It may be best, in the long run, to put the widows in the center and the SSH on the outside. That way, the smaller plants will get light, and the larger plants can be tied towards the light as well. If you do it the other way, the taller plants will just block off the residual light and the widows will shrivel in the darkness.

Eh, I'm sure you can figure it all out.

yup i have the same problem. they are slow grower at first but wow they sure do grow around week 3. talk about explosion of growth!!! check out my gallery they are huge!! an now the buds are exploding in growth i have colas growing eveywhere, they are both tied down, slighty. an i gotta say so far i ant got a male, 3 beans in 3 females. best of luck with your grow u are going to like them super sliver haze.

yea imager ive topped one of them so the rest could catch up...i have a fairly tall grow space tho so im not too worried about height issues at the moment...and i hopefully wont have to lol...ive been trying to keep the silver haze towards the outer ring of the grow room so as to give the white widow as much light as it could get but it almost seems as if they were stretching (silver haze) a little bit but i think thats how they just are? maybe? lol and wiseguy you are right...about week three with the silver haze...boom they explode lol...the white widow seemed to be doing better till then...now the haze is about twice as tall as the widow...lol crazy

they are some great plants, how long u plan on vegging them plants? oh an another tip on them haze, don't count on seeing them flower in 12/12 for a cople weeks. they are slow to show sex. with my 2 i tied them down, or rater began to tie them down when they slowed there first set of pistles. they where about 2 an a half feet tall, they are a litte over 4 feet now, if i was to let them stand up. but the colas on the bottom of the plant have streched out, with tight nodes mind you, to reach the same hight of the main cola. if u plan on cloneing them haze plants clone very easy. i did my first cloneing job on my SSH, an i got 2 out of 3 to live an now are growing. i am so inlove with them, can't wate to make some hash with it, as it is frosting up now an looking great!!!

BigTree, how far away do you have the light from those plants? The plants look good, but I was wondering if you could bring the light in closer without burning them.

well ive had them in veg for almost a month now...2 of the silvers are a little over a foot tall and those are the only ones im really worried about getting too big...(but i guess thats a good problem to have)...so i figure if i start 12/12 this week i should be ok...i only topped one of them because it was growing so fast i wanted to let the others catch up...oh and one of my widow plants preflowered and showed to be a female! its my best looking one 2 which im excited about...usually the nicest looking ones turn out to be males...(so i think) haha...alistair i know what your saying haha my light does look pretty high in those pics but i try to keep it about a foot away from the tops...i might have raised it up to water when i took those pics...luckily i dont really have heat issues it seems like alot of people do...it stays between 70-80 depending during lights-on

Hey Bigtree, are you rotating the plants under the light???? I noticed in your first pics that the 2 buckets on the outside seem to be on the outer edge of the light arc......... Not getting as much glare in the pic... Could just be a photography thing, but thought I would ask, especially since you said 2 of the haze were doing better than the third.

thats a good idea bro i vegged mine for 3 weeks an put them to flower, an now they are growing some huge dank buds. plan on 4 foot or taller plants. so far i ant seen a male SSH. i got 6 beans left i hope to get one male on my 3ed grow. my next grow will be all bag seed till we order us some new beans. we got 3 know strains not counting mazar. cuz on the 3ed all know grow, i wanna do some breading.

you could do some pinching the stems (lst) on the ssh's. that will slow 'em a bit. if you do give 'em 4-5 days to heal b4 flippin' 'em.:cool:.

you'll most likely have to put some blocks under the ww's to keep 'em at the same height as the ssh in a couple weeks.

need some more pics bt420...bb...

Latest posts

Back