Melvanetics BeP and Super Buckeye grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are the families most recent pics. they are some short buggers. unfortunately it looks like i will only get one shot at a buckeye purple this go 'round. one seed grew downward and the replacement disappeared in the soil. too late i think to try to pop another at this point. hoping the one BeP i did pop is a lady...

still need to set up my tent. been busy with work and my sons are busy too. hopefully today or tomorrow...

Girls are looking good, nice and happy

the super buckeyes seem to be more vigorous at this stage. the buckeye purple is staying more compact which is in line with what mel said about it being a slower vegger. very different looking from my last couple of grows at this stage. the indica genetics are quite obvious. my last two grows were a kush and a thai sativa.

the super buckeyes seem to be more vigorous at this stage. the buckeye purple is staying more compact which is in line with what mel said about it being a slower vegger. very different looking from my last couple of grows at this stage. the indica genetics are quite obvious. my last two grows were a kush and a thai sativa.

Yep, they stay squatty, gotta love indica for that

Looking Good bro. I hope I can score some of Mel's gear on her next drop.
Positive vibes. I'm following your grow closely as your using T5 and growing the strain I want it's perfect. Will you be using smart pots?

I grow in 3 gallon felt pots. I have not tried smart pots. I think the felt pots do a similar thing for the roots. Air trimming or something like that.

Hey oldfogey, thanks for the updates.

Remind your kids to go light on the feed on the BP at the start, she won't demand anywhere near the same levels of N as the hybrids.

Thanks. Will do. I feed them GH Bio Grow and have always built up slowly. I still have not given them nutes. Transplanting tomorrow so I don't think folks recommend giving nutes too soon after that,right? The cotlydeons are still doing their job and still look nowhere near falling off. Sorry I am rambling. No sleep plus 1 brownie equals one baked good old fogey.

They look mighty good Fogey, can't wait for the purple bud shots.

translanting into 3 gallon felt pots completed. i have them under a 4 bulb 4 foot t5 fixture with 10000 kelvin bulbs right now. i bought another 2 bulb fixture but have not put it in the tent yet. that will go in maybe next week. have yet to decide on what i am going to do with these. i have lst'd the plants in the past and always get a lot of smaller buds. this idea of getting some bigger colas is cool but i think for my set up i will not be able to get the forearm size colas you folks with good lighting get. probably will stick with what has worked well for me and lst them and do my usual scrog deal.

View attachment IMG_0292.jpg

View attachment IMG_0293.jpg

View attachment IMG_0294.jpg

translanting into 3 gallon felt pots completed. i have them under a 4 bulb 4 foot t5 fixture with 10000 kelvin bulbs right now. i bought another 2 bulb fixture but have not put it in the tent yet. that will go in maybe next week. have yet to decide on what i am going to do with these. i have lst'd the plants in the past and always get a lot of smaller buds. this idea of getting some bigger colas is cool but i think for my set up i will not be able to get the forearm size colas you folks with good lighting get. probably will stick with what has worked well for me and lst them and do my usual scrog deal.

Fogey, take it from an old fogey....they look great. It's always nice to be able to pass things down in the family...I'm teaching my nephew the same thing. Greenest of mojo to you and your grow.

i put some p3 plant probiotics in the soil with them. i am planning on giving them their first nutes on sunday. i will be giving them about 1/4 of the dose. i use gh gobox nutes. made the mistake of not having enough dechlorinated water available at transplant time but i moistened the soil nicely and walked my son through transplanting them.

thanks kravenhead. it is a great hobby.

Sweet start! Looking forward to more, Keep up the good works!

because i can't help myself and i need to meddle with stuff, i gave the plants a very weak feeding of gh gobox nutes(about 1/6 the recommended dosage). they needed water and look none the worse for wear after the transplanting yesterday...

for reference of the difference between the Buckeye Purple and Super Buckeyes, the middle plant in the Purple. plus i have included some more pics because i my family is out of the house and i am bored...

sorry...

View attachment IMG_0295.jpg

View attachment IMG_0296.jpg

View attachment IMG_0297.jpg

View attachment IMG_0298.jpg

View attachment IMG_0299.jpg

View attachment IMG_0301.jpg

View attachment IMG_0302.jpg

View attachment IMG_0303.jpg

View attachment IMG_0304.jpg

View attachment IMG_0306.jpg

Well aren't those the cutest babies ever.... so adorable. They look happy. I bet they frolic when you aren't looking. Greenest of mojo.

Latest posts

Back