Melvanetics BeP and Super Buckeye grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am also having re-occuring dreams of a basement flood that my sump pump wont keep up with. so there is that...

thinking i will probably flip the super buckeyes next week sometime and wait on the buckeye purple until it gets bigger. the purple is coming along but it is still not growing very quickly. i think the purple looks like it is not getting enough nitrogen. maybe i will give it a slightly stronger dose of nutes next watering...

View attachment IMG_0388.jpg

View attachment IMG_0389.jpg

View attachment IMG_0390.jpg

View attachment IMG_0391.jpg

View attachment IMG_0392.jpg

View attachment IMG_0393.jpg

Last edited:
todays pics. the buckeye purple is on the road to recovery and is getting bigger. the super buckeyes are getting ready for flipping to flower. if anyone has any experience with them and knows if they stretch much(or if it is phenotype dependent) please let me know. i was planning on flipping this week and seperating out the buckeye purple to veg for a couple of weeks more but i still have a bunch of height in my tent and may want to veg them all for a week or two more. the super buckeyes are showing some nice purple stems. i am happy about that...

View attachment IMG_0395.jpg

View attachment IMG_0396.jpg

View attachment IMG_0397.jpg

View attachment IMG_0398.jpg

View attachment IMG_0399.jpg

View attachment IMG_0400.jpg

View attachment IMG_0401.jpg

View attachment IMG_0402.jpg

my sons took pretty good care of the plants while i was out of town for 2 week. they look a little hungry and in need of a good pruning but, then again, so do the plants :0 ...

i gave the plants a good trimming as they were pretty dense and i thought airflow was being restricted. going to flip in a couple of days.

i am a wee bit stoned so i am making this short...

View attachment IMG_0491.jpg

View attachment IMG_0492.jpg

View attachment IMG_0493.jpg

View attachment IMG_0494.jpg

View attachment IMG_0495.jpg

View attachment IMG_0496.jpg

Flipped the super buckeyes today to 12/12. The purple is now vegging all alone...

Your boys did a good job Old fogey8, time for some buds. I am watching.

now i am obsessing. i have been out of town since i flipped the lights for my super buckeyes. checked them today and i see little nodules at the nodes. having a tough time telling if they are male or female preflowers as they are tiny, i need my higher power on my jewelers loupe to see them. just hoping for some hairs in the next couple of days...

Positive vibes bro for no balls AKA nanners.
Hope you get all girls old fogey

aaaaahhhhhhh! i think i have found a ball on my other super buckeye! cruddy luck, i guess. i think all my eggs are in the now in the buckeye purple plant basket that has been giving me so much trouble... fml...

gave a close look at my purple and i see some hair in the pre-flowers so all is not lost...

Yeah, I would wait a TAD longer... sometimes those little single balls aren't really balls. But more often then not, they are. I'd hold out longer, certainly :)

Good luck Mr Fogey :aok:

yeah. i have a couple of weeks more to veg the purple girly is think i have so i am going to keep the boys going at least until then. i don't want the flowers to open though and contaminate my tent so i will be keeping an eye on them.

The pollen is only viable for (don't know precisely) 24-48 hours.... I've seen many people around here and online say that many times. BUT, certainly you don't want any bursting going on in there either way.

and then there was one...

well, i have not killed the males yet but they are looking more and more male-y. i currently have the female vegging in a separate area outside the tent. lousy lighting but she seems to be putting on some height. her leaves are looking crazy though. i think i am going to flush her really good today. wondering if she ever really has had a chance to take up the nutes i have put in and now that i have the root ball temp in range, there is just too much food for her. i have seen people saying that is due to the ph being too high. i was adjusting the ph up during the majority of veg so i may have some lingering higher ph issues on-going. this is it though so i am in it for the long haul with her. i hope the flush helps her start to look like her darned brothers...

View attachment IMG_0552.jpg

View attachment IMG_0551.jpg

Oldfogey8, you could put some soil in a cup with some water , let it sit for a few minutes and check it with a tds meter. I do this sometimes to see where my soil readings are before I make adjustments. I also check the tds of the run off also so I know which way to go , stronger or weaker.

Latest posts

Back