Critical super silver haze 4x4 tent grow w scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not quite 6 weeks yet....thats gonna be thursday. So i thought some pictures were in order. Before tuck and after tuck. Tomorrow i will lollipop and turn the lights to 12 hours. So i will count thursday as day 1 for flower as that wil be its first full 12 hour cycle and its just easier to keep counting thursdays. Hard to believe im only 9 or 10 thursdays from chopping. Seems like we just started. So as you can see i have two monster bushes and one sickly one. Im only giving ss1 6 tops so 6 or less scrog squares will be devoted to it. All the rest of the remaining room will be needed for the stretch i think. It should be fun to watch. So glad you can follow along with me. Growing is lonely work and i like the company. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know. Sooooooo...pics

View attachment 20161206_184225.jpg

View attachment 20161206_185113.jpg

View attachment 20161206_184236.jpg

View attachment 20161206_184242.jpg

View attachment 20161206_185103.jpg

View attachment 20161206_184231.jpg

View attachment 20161206_185108.jpg

You might be right about waiting a week. Im not sure i can handle a weeks worth of growth. Im going to chance it i think. Good advice. I should have lollipopped last week.

Feminized seeds.

So ive lollipopped and tucked the three. Cleared out any thing under the screen. It looks like im gonna have a 4x4 of buds. Im waiting 3 or 4 days to flip. I just wanna make sure they spring back from such a heavy handed defoliation. As tlc pointed out it is stressful and i want vibrant plants when i flip. 4 days will let me know how vibrant. Included is the auto purple. Its full of budsites....im pretty sure im around week 3 of flower on her. So......pics

View attachment 20161207_192533.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192544_HDR.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192552.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192617.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192614.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192611.jpg

View attachment 20161207_192820_HDR.jpg

14 hours later and they have already perked back up. Im going to keep them watered and nutes topped off and otherwise leave them alone then flip on sunday. I will be counting monday as day 1 of flower...and counting and posting on mondays after that. I expect a carpet of buds and i am still shooting for a 2lb pull. This is where things can go wrong if i havent done my due diligence. I think we are good to go. I dont see any signs of shock. Let me say that this strain is pretty resilient and i am overall pretty happy with it to this point. Lets see how she blooms. Im expecting the sativa pedigree to give me some stretch. So....pics

View attachment 20161208_102421.jpg

View attachment 20161208_102417.jpg

Fun stuff right here...nice way you cleaned up the bottoms.. Mojo for bloom... looking good.

Found an unwanted visitor on my auto purple. Glad i saw her before i grabbed the branch. Its a moth species stinging type. The light and heat in my shed have fooled some moths into procreating i think.

View attachment images~2.jpg

Wow, crazy on the caterpillar! I have never seen anything like that before.

And dang do your girls have major branching going on! They are just stacked with short internodes. Impressive.

Fun times right around the corner.

:)
Very fun. Thanks for checking in

Bet that bastage would hurt a little if he stung ya. Its funny how something so little can hurt so much.
Great looking grow my friend.

Bet that bastage would hurt a little if he stung ya. Its funny how something so little can hurt so much.
Great looking grow my friend.

Thanks WH!

your growing in basically straight perlite?......... I've done that......... how often are you flooding?

your growing in basically straight perlite?......... I've done that......... how often are you flooding?

90 percent pearlite. 10 percent vermiculite. Twice a day for now. I will evaluate whether or not i need another cycle in flower. Ive used this medium in several grows with several strains....it is the fastest growing method ive used.

90 percent pearlite. 10 percent vermiculite. Twice a day for now. I will evaluate whether or not i need another cycle in flower. Ive used this medium in several grows with several strains....it is the fastest growing method ive used.

If the perlite starts being a pain to deal with........ you can switch to the medium I use chipped coco and continue right on with your grow style...... which I think is a good one and very similar to my style........ only I use 3 part GH plus coolbloom in flower.

If the perlite starts being a pain to deal with........ you can switch to the medium I use chipped coco and continue right on with your grow style...... which I think is a good one and very similar to my style........ only I use 3 part GH plus coolbloom in flower.

Never used coco....i will keep it in mind. Is the chipped coco inert with no nutritional value like perlite?

Never used coco....i will keep it in mind. Is the chipped coco inert with no nutritional value like perlite?

yes....... just make sure you use cal/mag in RO or soft tap water........ if you got plenty of lime in your water(hard water) like I do you can just add Epsom salt for magnesium.

Im using ro. The ph of tapwater here is over 8 and way too much lime....it comes from a limestone aquifer. Plays hell with the ph of my solution.

Ok peeps.....day 1 week 1 of flower. They have taken over thier space with vigour and are looking entirely healthy. Its time....past time actually. I should have flipped last week and defoliated a week before. Im worried about stretch due to the heavy sativa pedigree. Ss2 is incredible. If i were to look for a clone that wouldve been the prime candidate. Ss3 is no slouch either. Big strong branches with short internodes. Im expecting the biggest buds from her. Ss1 looks like a midget version. She is at least 2 weeks behind the others. But i may get some good flowers from her. My auto is bulking up...not good tricome development so far....that may change later. Im looking forward to chopping the autos and only having the tent to worry about. 4 weeks flower? Not sure ....i will chop when shes ready so it doesnt matter.

Now for reflection at the halfway point:

Things I would have done better/differently....

1. It took 45 Days to get the screen to this point with two and a half plants from seed. I could have cut 10 to 14 days if i had planted 4 of these. They have been mature for that long. So cutting two weeks there gives me a better turn around.

2. Grow them into the scrog after they are tall enought to top. The branching in the plants exploded after training under the screen. That would have also limited the amount of defoliation needed and thus lessening the potential for shock.

3. I need to research different nutes. The floranova has settled out huge salt crystals over time. That means that the chemistry has changed from the original formula and is probably not as effective. I dissolved the crystals back in after taking a sample. My friends lab told me that it was kno3 and nacl. I should have sent a sample of the liquid before i dissolved The salt back in. So...new nutes are needed.

4. Be set up for clones and build experience with the strain. I may do this in the future but i dont know if i like the strain. This will also be my excuse if i dont hit 2#...lol.

5. Get a new tent. During this grow i have broken the zipper and puntured the side. I would like a six footer anyway.

6. Research led lights. I prefer quality over quantity. There is research that says led lighted plants produce more resin and have higher thc levels. That sounds good to me.

So...pics

View attachment 20161212_152643.jpg

View attachment 20161212_152640.jpg

View attachment 20161212_152646.jpg

View attachment 20161212_152752_HDR.jpg

View attachment 20161212_152635.jpg

View attachment 20161212_152722.jpg

Thanks. And if someone learns from this all the better.

I learn something new in my life everyday and im 61.

Latest posts

Back