Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These barrier island are narrow too !-- If I tip toe to see over the fence I can see the water on the Bay water on the inside of the island !--

That's my state right up there! So pretty Cane. love it. Wish i was there right now.

Last phone signal..see ya'll later next week.....
Stay High..I know I will...:48:
It's a beautiful place Rose.....;)

Hey I don't know about property values in other parts of the country but we bought this 3 bedroom --2 bath Stucco with an attached garage and paid I think $175,000 -- 10 years ago and got a distressed vet loan at about 4 % !-- I sold my home in the swamp for about $120,000 ! --- I think it was a great deal !-- D.D. make the money and I get the VA loans !-- Texas also got this Texas Veterans Loan program !-- If I buy 10 acres or more I get a heavily discounted loan ( almost 0%)!--I found a place within an hour or so that was a 3 bedroom home with central air on 10 acres for $89,000 !-- To a vet who grows a little weed this seems like someone wants to provide me with land to expand -- a grow house with barns and out buildings !--
I need a larger grow and Texas say they'll help !-- I guess I shouldn't say I was buying it for a grow house huh?

We call these "Sticker Burrs" -- I was just wondering if they were just a southern thing or if U got them everywhere !-- Step on one bare foot and U WILL have to stop and get it out !-- My dogs come it sometime hobbling on 3 legs and I know the got a sticker in thier foot !-- Anyway if U got them what do U call them ?

View attachment 20160724_181758_001.jpg

We call these "Sticker Burrs" -- I was just wondering if they were just a southern thing or if U got them everywhere !-- Step on one bare foot and U WILL have to stop and get it out !-- My dogs come it sometime hobbling on 3 legs and I know the got a sticker in thier foot !-- Anyway if U got them what do U call them ?

Fosure....we call them sand spur's...step on one in the sand and it will stop you in your tracks RIGHT then and there. Peace

I had to cut them out the corner of Jet this demon dog mouth several times !-- It's kinda like petting a running chainsaw !-- He eat me up !-- I've got them on the run with this weed killer I happen to have around !--No matter what U call them anyone that know what they are hate them !

View attachment 20160724_195309.jpg

Sand spur. There is a weed killer that targets them specifically. My daughter has the little Beasties in her area.

One thing I don't miss from growing up in East Texas is Bull Nettle !-- Anyone know what that is or have another name for it !--

We got em too keef.

Ok, y'all ready!? I fixing to drop the family recipe for a wing sauce. Well, I'm pretty sure my grandad stole it, he didnt come up with it I'm sure. Lol
1 stick butter melted
1 cup light brown sugar.
One bottle (minimum) of hotsauce. Texas Pete, whatever.
Black pepper and garlic powder to flavour
I usually end up with a 6 ounce bottle of hotsauce plus another half. When your baked, the sweet hits your tongue first, followed shortly by the black pepper. As soon as the black pepper leaves, the sharp blade of the hotsauce hits you. Three distinct flavours in one. Can't beat it. Deep Fry your chicken wings, let drain for a minute or so, and dump in the bowl of sauce. Slap em in a bowl, and serve.

3 am central and I give up on sleep !-- I think Cane sent his demons to me !-- Thanks !--That and the weather is changing and my face locked up on me ! So--- 3 am Wake and Bake !-

I woke up at 4:30, as usual but I managed to get another hour. Morning peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back