Rosin.... Solventless Cannabis Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under heat and pressure the trichome head bursts and the oil is released and squeezed to the area of lowest pressure...that's where your getting the oil from Hack. It seems if your using a manual method of knocking off the trichome heads....DIH or Bubble then that would be a concern.....my goal is super clean rosin with no plant matter....just thinking and trying to learn....am I off in my thought process Hack? I have been wrong at least once in my life lol ...;)

OK, I never thought of that. I did figure the pressure would open up the holes to more than 25u but I never thought of the trics squishing and squeezing though. Makes sense, though.

Like you did, get some 25's, get some 45's. Try them all and see what works best for you. It's definitely a process that requires experimentation to get just right. Awesome that you're on the way. Rosin rules... LOL

The video of the simple hair straightener method seems more my speed, but I'm having trouble finding a hair straightener that goes down low enough.
The one I have goes from 150-230C and it works, but it's vaporizing the stuff away before I can collect it. I see hints of residue on the parchment paper but the moment I pressed the plates on the bud, I could see smoke. I need about 120C to get 250F recommended temp.
Would pressing through some extra sheets of paper help to reduce the temp from the ceramic heads to the buds?

I was going to suggest folding the parchment over several times to see if that helps. Have you tried that yet?

No, I sort of stopped this since I was wasting nice buds and the supply is low. I will wait until I have some more to experiment with.

Latest posts

Back