Lucas Formula vs. GHE Feed Chart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chen

Reaction score
So, the GHE feed chart says to add 2.5ml of all three Flora nutrients per 10L for veg and up to 15ml of each per 10L for flower. This is in hydro.

Lucas formula says to add 21ml of Micro to 10L of water and 42ml of Bloom.

That's almost 9x as much nutrients. Have I missed something?

That doesn't sound like any GH feed schedule that I ever used, though it has been a while since I used GH products. On the feeding schedule, are you sure you are not looking at the amount per gallon? 2.5 ml of each per 10 liters is virtually nothing--probably give you a ppm of about 200. The formulas never had equal amounts of the 3 different parts, except during transition between veg and bloom. I used far more than 2.5 ml of each--thinking something like 15 ml veg, 10 ml micro, and 5 ml bloom per gallon for aggressive veggie growth, and then when I went to bloom, I gave them a week or two of transition where the amounts were equal and then the aggressive bloom schedule was 15 ml bloom, 10 ml, micro, and 5 ml grow. Also I believe the Lucas formula I used was 16 ml of bloom and 8 ml of micro per gallon of water. So, that is less than the regular GH feeding schedule with all 3 parts. Where did you get the figures you are using?

I never used Lucas in veg. I firmly believe that vegging plants need the nutrients in the Grow formula and if you leave it out, you are doing your plants and your grow a great disservice. I liked Flora Nova for veg.

It's very confusing. GH claim 2.5ml per gallon. GHE (Europe) claim 2.5ml per 10L.

Maybe the concentration is difference, but in that case GHE is a better value.

Latest posts

Back