Million Marijuana March on Monday April 20th, 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a new movement going on that is going to break the ice on Marijuana reform, there is no more sit back and get laughed at by presidential question and answer session, it is time for at least 1/25th or 1 Million of America's 25 Million pot smokers to start acting and show American Lawmakers that we do not stand to being laughed at for proposing the COMPLETE legalization if Marijuana. The goal is to get a bill passed through US Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama by December 31st, 2009 (The end of this year). This new law needs to have language that makes it legal for anyone possessing up to 10 Marijuana Plants or 10 pounds of processed Marijuana completely legal in The United States. I think most can agree this is a fair law that allows American citizens to grow 10 plants for themselves, three (3) crop cycles a year for personal use. This will allow non-criminal related Marijuana Users to have easy access to their own Marijuana or trade/buy from friends or acquaintances who are more experienced in growing Marijuana. It is time to bring this issue to President Obama and Congress' backyard!

Here are the details of The Million Marijuana March

Who: Everyone. Medicinal Marijuana Patients, Recreational Marijuana Smokers, Activists, Victims of DEA Raids, Victims of street crime from violent drug dealers due to prohibition creating this Black Market, Non Marijuana Users who wish to allow the right to choose what people due with their bodies, Libertarians, Scientists, Students, Politicians.

Who is not invited: The DEA or police looking for easy busts or profiling of Marijuana Activists and Marijuana Users, The Office of Nationl Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), which is coincidentally right down the street.

What: What is the purpose? To raise awareness that The War on Marijuana is absurd, costly, violent, oppressive and unconstitutional.

Where: The National Mall in Washington, DC. 7th Street N.W. Washington, DC

When: Monday April 20th, 2009 (4/20). 8AM - 8PM. People can stay an extra 4 hours and participate in a "midnight vigil" for the innocent victims who lost their lives from the War on Marijuana.

Why: America needs reform on its Marijuana policies. For far too long, Marijuana has been grouped into the same categories as other drugs and it is time to separate these drug from Marijuana. We are now renaming the "War on Drugs" when referring to Marijuana solely, to "The War on Marijuana". This helps make the demonizing campaign against Marijuana ineffective because cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and other drugs cannot be used in "The War on Marijuana". Until now, we were unable to see how silly the "War on Marijuana" is because other drugs were grouped into Marijuana's category. Now that a spade is a spade and it is "The War on Marijuana", politicians can't spin the facts on Marijuana's harmlessness to society and American's health.

How: Come by bus, plane, car or take the metro. There are plenty of places to stay in DC and as this Million Marijuana March picks up, people will open their homes up for those wanting to attend the event in the DC Area.

Lets see 1 Million Americans at The National Mall on April 20th, 2009! Lets show lawmakers this is not something to be laughed at about, we are serious!

Is this just spam? Cause if real I can drive on by there and see, its no biggie.

Its just putting up with the traffic when I could be golfing.

i would show up if i were near d.c. I have school and work from 9 am to 9pm on 420... its going to blow

No limits
No regulations.
No restrictions other than age.

All or nothing.

theres one in San fran, thats a little closer for me, but thanks for the invite!

I'm signing off after this message. I gotta see bout getting a bus tucket. Don't care where I sleep in DC, I'm gonna be too geeked!!

Latest posts

Back