How about black gold coco blend in hempy buckets???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin Jackson

Reaction score
Well I guess I pretty much typed my question in the title up there. Well I have 17 clones in black gold coco blend medium and I am not sure if I can use this stuff in hempy buckets. Hempys were my original plan, I thought the stuff was coco until I was planting the rooted clones into it and started really looking at the medium. I would plan on using general hydroponics flora using the Lucas formula 2:1 bloom:micro. I would really like some opinions, they are in 2" square pots and will need new homes very soon.

Black gold coco blend is:
peat moss, coco, castings, pumice

Pumice? Same as Pearlite. Not sure why the peat moss. Been through all that experimentation, I no longer use peat moss. Too acidic. Needs lots of lime to get the mix to buffer properly. I use modified coco, has Pearlite, brick fragments, charcoal, slow release nute pearls.

I have recently tried hempy bucket with coco. Worked really well. Try it.

Yeah I'm gonna try it, hope it works, seems to drain well and hold about the right amount of water, the clones are definately ready.

Latest posts

Back