top feed or flood and drain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yin325i

Reaction score
I have been doing the flood and drain with 6" cube for a while now, but I've seen people using the top feed dripping for the 6" cube too. I was wondering will the result be the same? or which method is better? The most I care about is the yield, so I want to hear some advice from the pro before I try it myself. thanks very much.

in theory bottom fed is better, but as long as you flood the cubes/containers well every cycle it doesn't really matter which side it comes from.

i use the 6" block and after i put the clone/seedling in the block i give it 3 days of 10 minutes per hour drip for the roots to start from the 1"cube into the 6" block and then i push it straight to 24/7 drip. i keep my rez's aerated with an air pump and aquarium stones. i have grown in alot of different mediums and got to say that there is no comparison(in my eyes) to the results i get with the 6" block. i have never done a side by side test with ebb+flow vs. drip yet(i will do it soon tho cuz im interested) but my mind stands firm on the 24/7 drip with highly aerated solution into a 6" block. good luck and if you switch keep us interested folks informed of your noticed differences. happy growing.

p.s.. a quick question, how much do you pay for your 6" blocks and what currency is it. i pay $2.50 each but that is Canadian lol :). $2 each if i buy 100 or more at once.

I hope its flood and drain. I almost went with top feed for new room.

ta2dguy said:
p.s.. a quick question, how much do you pay for your 6" blocks and what currency is it. i pay $2.50 each but that is Canadian lol :). $2 each if i buy 100 or more at once.

it's about 2.06 USD each.

Latest posts

Back