Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
396 gallon per hour and has a filter !-- She'll do anything U want !-- Inside a box out side a box she don't care !-- It's a good pump !-- I couldn't run aero without this filtered pump !

D.D. on the road !-- Broke my last pair of reading glasses so followed her out to pick up some !-- My poor nose !- Hurts !- My goal today is to not take anymore shots to the face !-

View attachment 20171026_124302.jpg

Ya'll making a Mountian outta a mole hill !-- No matter what get U some EM1 !-- I use 5 mils of the concentrate per gallon !-- If U gonna use tap water the only other thing is the nute !-- Botonacare is all I know !-- They got one called Pro-grow and one called Pro- bloom !-- That will get U started !-- Plus pH up and pH down !-- I use 3 mils per gallon ( label say 10 mils) of Grow or Bloom nutes -- The pH will change and stabilize in about 24 hours !-- If U can U mix the nute water and wait 24 hours then pH or you'll be chasing your tail on the pH !-- Put the pump on a timer -- 15 on 15 off works for me because my timer works in 15 minute intervals - When it comes to a pump heating the water up ? -- I know about such things !-- More water U got the less it will heat up and 15on/15 off and 10 gallons can handle it and stays under 80 degrees sitting on the floor in room air !-- The aquarium bubbler I use is a 4 spot pump !-- I got 2 in bloom and run a stone to each box -- Mine aren't for oxygenation the water but to pump fresh room air into the box so those hanging roots can get all the O2 they need from that !

I'm building a new room from the ground up to support this water thing. I'm gatherin' pictures and stuff, lights, containers, fans and ducting, all the crap. I'm in process of a new 8X7X7 room. I'm going to run a 6 bucket waterfall RDWC with 5 gal containers and a 30 gallon res. I like big plants so if I'm going to go, might as well go all the way.

Nick got the disease !-- I need to send Bud an e-mail this is exactly what he does !-- I know ya'll gonna do the drip and drain but this is my pump assembly !-- I glue that pump to a ceramic tile so it want get bumped around -- They got suction cups on bottom but they will just piss U off --Take them off and put your pump on a tile !-- That pump also comes with a bag of adapters for any application !--

View attachment 20171026_131146-1.jpg

I use a self contained box because if I had a series of boxes hooked up to one res if it went wrong and bad bugs got in it it would spread to all plants on that res . -- Box don't look right to me I can empty it --clean it and refill it !-- I also didn't want to drill a drain in my boxes until I was sure how I to run a continuous production grow !-- I can go lots of ways from here !

Well, you know I been thinking about this water pharming thing for a year now, I just kinda settled on this being something thats gonna work for me. I gotta have my travelin' time and I think I :vap-Bong_smoker:can automate this for a few days at a time.

I was counting and I seem to be a little over the legal plant count !-- Why did I drill every square on these 35 spot boxes ? -- Dis like an Outlaw Cloner root lots of cuts !-- If I posted a list can ya'll help me decide what to drop ? -- No Nevermind !-- I'm finding my production plants !-- I already got some locked in and others ?
I worked hard isolating a fine female No way in hell I run her once and be done !

View attachment 20171026_133019.jpg

View attachment 20171026_133036.jpg

Them veggie boxes just full of used nute water and got a bubbler in them !-- Waldo he over there so I'm pretty sure I can grow DWC !
The Black and yellow box on the left are the children of Waldo! -- I start sexing them soon then it will be a side by side Grow off with momma !-- U wanna stay U gotta beat momma !

I guess U could say I'm still looking for something to grow !

Nick I bugged out for Hurricane Harvey and lost power for 5-6 days -- Didn't lose a single variety !-- Lost some fresh cuts but no big deal !-- What I would like to do is put a solar panel on the roof run it down to a deep cycle battery and out thru an inverter to run my air pumps !--That way if I lose power my bubbler will still work !-- U can most certainly automate to be able to split for a week !-- But U got a bottle neck if The whole grow goes thru that single pump! -- It goes out U might lose the whole grow !-- One my pumps goes bad I might lose that box !-- The pump are pretty good !-- I been running some close to 2 years !-- filter keeps my roots from getting sucked into the pump but I clean and replace them about every 2 weeks !

I know thats right. I had an air conditioner go out last year and it costs me a whole crop. Literally burned it up. Best you can do sometimes is buy quality stuff

Yep U can get jammed on something simple as an AC unit !- I try to keep to that KISS rule when I can !-- Keep It Simple Stupid !-- I grow in a bedroom and we got central air but when I got all 8 of them Mars Hydro LEDs lit up I need that window unit !-- I got the smallest window unit U can buy at Walmart -- With it running wide open and all lights running it gets up close to 80 when it is hot in summer !-- I mean I ride the line in this heat !-- The nute water in my boxes gets to 80 or above I can't clone because I'll get the white slime --which is not even white !-- Looks like a clear blob covering the fresh cut stem -- and there are other problems !-- I plan to upgrade on the window unit soon !-- I want to be able to drop that temp during lights out !--

I don't know if it is lazy or smart but I got 8 bloom boxes and 3 grow boxes and If I add a part to each box that I have to build well it can end up being a lot of parts !-- Making parts is time and time is money !-- I glue that pump to a tile make my PVC sprayer head -- drill the holes in the lid -- $50 and an 1 -1/2 hours or less and the box is ready to work -- parts got to be interchangeable too -- Something go wrong ? -- Anything go wrong with the pump assembly I open the lid remove the assembly and stick a fresh one in and done !-- I need a rubber seal around the lids so they don't leak but I only have the occasional leak and I just turn whatever micro sprayer is the culprit in another direction !-- It just hasn't risen to a problem that needs a solution !-- Besides I make one gasket ? -- I gotta make about a dozen !-- I ain't doing it !-- I'm on a concrete floor and clean up is easy !- One thing about water pharming is U working with water -- U gonna spill sometimes !-- My production grow gonna have a drain right in the middle of the floor !

My phone is broke !-- I don't know how I got here and don't know if I'll be able to get back !-- It might be possessed by a demon and U know I be a demon killer ? -- Get my gun !--

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello to everybody :48:

I’m listening Nick, I’m trying to decide on nutes for DWC as well. I want it as simple as possible for now. I’ve been using earth juice in my soil grows but I’m guessing that’s not the way in DWC.

When I was growing up DWC I had excellent results with General hydroponics three stage

Bud where U been ? -- I'm trying to explain that drip and drain or whatever U call it that U do !-- What cha been up to ? -- U getting settled in the new place ?

Some people think they can open a window and that will be plenty ventilation and nothing blow up !-- 1st ---Solvents is so yesterday !-- And again -- Dumasses !

Hahahaha I knew a couple of buddies last summer blew all the windows out of their house and move the walls in the hallway out an inch on each side so in total the hallway was 2 inches wider I agree with you what's wrong with these dumb people oh yeah I know what's wrong they stopped giving out commonsense after 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back