DIY COB grow light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're happy then I'm happy. The purpose of that tape is attaching things like strip lighting to the under side of cabinets and the like. I'm sure it will do ya just fine but i thought the chip holder was used to hold the chip to the heat sink. I ain't giving you a hard time, I'm trying to learn here. I was a design engineer for Lockheed Martin in a prior life but I retired 5 years ago. Lotsa new stuff out there since then.

Hey there St Nick, I retired from Lockheed Martin my own self here on the west coast. Satellite tracker....

I developed Aegis software/hardware. We just may find out pretty soon how good of a job I did!

If you're happy then I'm happy. The purpose of that tape is attaching things like strip lighting to the under side of cabinets and the like. I'm sure it will do ya just fine but i thought the chip holder was used to hold the chip to the heat sink. I ain't giving you a hard time, I'm trying to learn here. I was a design engineer for Lockheed Martin in a prior life but I retired 5 years ago. Lotsa new stuff out there since then.

The 3m 9448a is actually rated as a double sided thermal adhesive. It can handle high temps. I get your skeptical but this 8snt my first rodeo;).

Didn't mean to sidetrack your thread. I'm anxious to see how she works out

No,questions are more than welcome. They help me think. So, I fired her up with no fans. After 10 minutes she's only slightly warm. Only pulling 32.5w from the wall so a lil over 6w per chip. Fully dim it only pulls 1.9w lol.

I think I'm going to remove the fans. At 6w per chip I think my fans in my tent 2 I'll cause enough air flow to keep it cool which is awesome!!!

Having trouble uploading pics. I'll finish this asap.

Red wjen i was at Goddard Space center took a cw nd:yag split the beam and put 1 beam thru an acousto optic modulator then used 1 beam as reference and the oyjer the object beam and looked the dobbler shift in frequency yo determine if satelliiye was moving to reference beam or away from it. Very accurate. Nick you already know my FIL was project engineer for Aegis when it was still RCA

Red wjen i was at Goddard Space center took a cw nd:yag split the beam and put 1 beam thru an acousto optic modulator then used 1 beam as reference and the oyjer the object beam and looked the dobbler shift in frequency yo determine if satelliiye was moving to reference beam or away from it. Very accurate. Nick you already know my FIL was project engineer for Aegis when it was still RCA

:eek::huh:

Man! What im doing here is radio shack level. You might have to dumb that down a lil lol.

Each chip has a positive and negative side. All you do to hook them up is wire a positive side from one chip to a negative side to another chip then the positive from that chip to the negative from another and so on.

attachment.php

For some reason I can't upload pics. Anyone else having this issue?

Latest posts

Back