got mites, need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendo local

Med Grower
Reaction score
Ok guys, Im 3 weeks into flower and mites are starting to show up more and more.
What I am wondering is- are there any sprays available to control them? what should I do?
Did 2 pyryth bombs 1 day apart, seems to help a little but still need do more.
Ideas?

Thanks all

I wouldn't even consider avid on flowering plants...
I would consider the iso treatments, and "lowering youur temps and raising RH"
It won't eliminate them, but it will help control the population untill you harvest.

oops..sorry hick i didnt notice that hes in flowering

thanks for all the feedback guys, so if I raise my humidity(currently held at 50%) It will slow there growth or slow them from moving up? Thanks

ye they dont like humidity n water at all,u could also spray them with some drops of dishes detergent diluted in water and watch how plants react at this-if they dont like the det solution wash them with plain water,if u raise humidity and apply sprays you should keep an eye for mold..hope u ll get rid of them

mendo local said:
thanks for all the feedback guys, so if I raise my humidity(currently held at 50%) It will slow there growth or slow them from moving up? Thanks
..It will slow their reproductive cycle...
A female lays about 100 eggs during her lifetime. Depending upon climate conditions, the eggs hatch in as little as 2-3 days, and the adult stage is reached in 7-10 days. The females reproduction is greatly affected by climate and humidity with a significant difference in the days till their maturity dependant upon the temperature i.e.) egg to adult. For instance at 60 degrees Fahrenheit, it takes 30 days for the egg to become an adult, at 70 degrees 14.5 days and here is the astounding number - 90 degrees Fahrenheit they reach adulthood in just 3.5 days! So now imagine those populations increases over a month when the offspring start to reproduce less than a week after hatching - at 70 degrees she and her offspring number 13,000; at 80 degrees she and her offspring represent a staggering potential of 13,000,000 individuals over a single month - huge population increases!

Mites evaporate large quantities of water from their bodies, so they must **** juices from the plants. This is easier for them to do in a dry environment. Humid environments (above 60% RH) slow down their metabolism, life span and reproductive rate. Mites may be controlled somewhat by lowering the temperatures (at about 50 degrees Fahrenheit they start to hibernate), thus slowing down their life process considerable. Even if you only decrease the temperature during the indoor dark cycle (when it is easier to lower temperatures), the progression rate of the infestation is slowed considerable

Latest posts

Back