MITES, What can I do? Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendo local

Med Grower
Reaction score
Hey all, Im going nuts trying to hold these mites at bay.
I am in week 4 of flowering and they are taking over.
I have been doing pyrethium bombs to help curb them but I am beggining to think they are becoming immune.

2 days ago I bombed, then today I bombed. Tommorow I will spray the plants with SOYA NARA(pest repellant I got from hydro shop. is it good?)

I just need to hold them off a little while longer.
My room temp averages around 72 and my dehumidifier is set at 45%.

My skunk is totally covered with them, my big bud has barely any and my purple kush is starting to get them fairly bad.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks for all your help bro's and sis's!

P.S. growing in soil, 5 ga pots. Cutting Edge nutes.

Specialized spider mite pesticides like Avid will curb attacks. Sulfur also deters spider mites. During vegetative growth spider mites can be exterminated using soaps. Soaps such as hXXp://www.altgarden.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=303
Or you could try some neem oil, theres even other insects that will help kill those nasty lil p.o.s pests. just givin you a reference point but jus look at some of the products on this page also hXXp://www.altgarden.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=19

I know some people that use avid, but it sounds like a health risk just having that stuff around.
So if I use the other products can they be sprayed all over the plant? Or do I need to avoid the buds?
Thanks Grav

hey bud i had this problem on my last grow i tried a number of insecticides but in the end what i had to do was do a mixer of about 3-4 different types an just fully drenched each plant just make sure you get the undersides of the plants thats where they hide out mostly,an even if you think its works do it again.Mites are also attracted to the colour yellow,you can buy these yellow coloured strip which are sticky an the mite get stuck on them hope this helps bud

Im in the same situation, ive tried everything but they still come back, Now that you are in flowering you have to be more than careful on what u spray on it, Theres ton of stuff out there that has worked for a lot of people, just go to the shop where you get plant supplies and asked them whats the best thing for vegetable plants to get rid of mites and they will most likely give you something that wont harm humans.. Now the trick is not killing them, thats an armys job all on its own, now you just want to give them a good spray of pesticide once a week and a good shower once a week also, pesticide on Sunday and give the plant a good shower on Friday and pesticide again on Sunday, do that till harvest and you should be fine. just make sure u stop with pesticides at 2 weeks before chopping down..

Hick also told me using a mixture of 1/2 isopropyl alcohol to 1/2 water and spraying it directly on the plants making sure to cover entire surface top and bottom of leaves. let dry and then 15 minutes later hit them again with the same solution. That worked pretty good but now that i started flowering i didnt think alcohol and thrichromes would get along too well.. It seems a lot of people are complaining about mites this time of year.. god luck ..

yeah also a good idea once youve sparyed them an its dryed off to give em a spray of just water to keep the pores clear on the leaves forgot to put that in my previous post

mendo local said:
I know some people that use avid, but it sounds like a health risk just having that stuff around.
So if I use the other products can they be sprayed all over the plant? Or do I need to avoid the buds?
Thanks Grav
I havent personally tried AVID but I was reading up on mites the other day in my trusty grow bible and it was recommended in there for mites so I thought it was worth a mention. Also I mite avoid spraying the buds just my preference though. I would try some of the others recipes on here. Good luck.

sorry to hear that u still have a mite problem,hope you'll manage to get rid of them.could you post some pics of the infested plants?

I had to take down a harvest very very early because of a mite problem.. the best thing to do is NEEM them... since is safer then the bombs... then once you get this crop done... in 4 week or so... rebuild ur room...SEAL IT... bleach it... clean the hell outta it..... The only real way to ensure you dont fight the mites is to clean the hell outta ya room and make sure they never get a chance to build numbers on you...

but for now.. id start the neem.. it will prevent the numbers from growing.. then the bombs will make a difference in killing em.....

Thanks everyone for your help, it is really appreciated. Feels like family in here.
I will take some pics tonight when my lights come on.

One question I still have is, Is it safe to spray anything on the buds? like this neem your talking about or safers?

Alright guys be back tonight with pics!

test pic to see if I can do it, others be up tonight

week 4 055.jpg

like you i tried only pyrethium with no great results,i heard that neem oil helps and its harmful to plants.have to add that after harvest i bleached the room,cleaned everything very well and removed everything but i still suspect their presence..:(seems that they are really immune..:( if they insist i'll start some serious research for avid-i've tried to find it at 2 nurserys and 1 growshop and none of them had some..:( keep us updated about your fight with mites.

Well so far Ive decide the bombs are worthless. Im using this product called soya-nara. soy based mitecide. Seems to work very well, but you have to spray it on them. Not sure if its safe for buds or not.
Might try some other options before resorting to avid.

Otherwise my plants are extemely healthy. Any one using bugs? like the mite predator?
Thanks all!

im under the impression neem is safe to use up to two weeks before harvest.. which would mean you have two weeks or so left to be able to use it.. which should give you enough time to get the numbers down.... right now its not about getting rid of the mites.. thats damn near impossible.. its about winning the fight against them... if you can keep them at bay..you may get a decent harvest......

Thank BBR, it weird how they attack certain strains and stay away from others. I ll get some pics up later so you can all see what im talking bout

My last indoor grow had a visitation from the dreaded borg...spider mites...and I went to Home Depot to see what they had available as the Neem Oil method hadn't worked for me...the clerk directed me to a Schultz product called Garden Safe House and Garden Insect Spray. One treatment with this stuff and and the mites were gone. It contains pyrethium and canola oil. Haven't seen any since I sprayed...we'll see if it killed the eggs like it says on the container...

Peace...j.b.

are you kidding me?you spray apestisides on ya girls???smoke that.......god how many stupid pll are ther on this site

I have used NEEM with success even late in the bloom cycle. the trick is to get it ALL rinsed off after it kills em so you dont eat it or smoke it...
I have found a product that will rinse off the NEEM (or any other pesticide)
it is called "that stuff plant wash". It is in stores in Portland Oregon. It does
not harm the plants and can be used right up to day of harvest.

i believe neem oil is organic... whats the scare? ive also had great success with neem oil in the past, had a friend who made a solution with neem oil/ dish soap in bath tub and actually dunked every one of his plants to ensure 100% coverage, dried them out in a "sterilzed" room, then "sterilized" his grow room then returned them and never had a problem again.

Latest posts

Back